Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Citizen Green said:
Clearly the club is at a cross-roads over Yaya, either he stays on a reduced contract (wages) & ends up with an ambassadorial role when he retires, or we sell him to Inter in the summer and get him of the wage books.

One thing that is getting right on my tits currently though is the fraction of City fans who are slating his every move and slagging him off at every given opportunity, he's turning into the whipping boy of a lot of City fan's frustration at the moment. These fans are quick to forget the massive impact the man's had on our club and there's no way we would have achieved the level of success over the last 4 years we have without him. For that very reason I think he's earned the right to make the decision on his own future, if he wants to stay then keep him and move forward together, if he wants to go, then he goes with my blessing and I wish him every success.

One of the greatest players to ever where the City jersey, and bar for the shenanigans of last summer (after his brother's death I'll add) he's always been a top professional for us, we'll go along way to find a player who will have as big an impact over the next few years after he's gone.

I don't think many actually disagree with your sentiment concerning the first 4 years of his time with us. The problem is that his last year will undoubtedly leave a poor taste with some because not only has his form dipped, but his constant talking to foreign media about which clubs he would like to play for have not gone down well. If Yaya had left in the summer he would have left a legacy that would have been hard to repeat. Sad really. I do think the manager has shown a weakness with the situation - no player no matter how much we pay them or how well they have down in the past deserves to be an automatic starter when fit. Perhaps if he had been dropped, we could have seen a reaction? - it's all too comfortable for him.

Mr HJ said:
Citizen Green said:
Clearly the club is at a cross-roads over Yaya, either he stays on a reduced contract (wages) & ends up with an ambassadorial role when he retires, or we sell him to Inter in the summer and get him of the wage books.

One thing that is getting right on my tits currently though is the fraction of City fans who are slating his every move and slagging him off at every given opportunity, he's turning into the whipping boy of a lot of City fan's frustration at the moment. These fans are quick to forget the massive impact the man's had on our club and there's no way we would have achieved the level of success over the last 4 years we have without him. For that very reason I think he's earned the right to make the decision on his own future, if he wants to stay then keep him and move forward together, if he wants to go, then he goes with my blessing and I wish him every success.

One of the greatest players to ever where the City jersey, and bar for the shenanigans of last summer (after his brother's death I'll add) he's always been a top professional for us, we'll go along way to find a player who will have as big an impact over the next few years after he's gone.

I don't think many actually disagree with your sentiment concerning the first 4 years of his time with us. The problem is that his last year will undoubtedly leave a poor taste with some because not only has his form dipped, but his constant talking to foreign media about which clubs he would like to play for have not gone down well. If Yaya had left in the summer he would have left a legacy that would have been hard to repeat. Sad really. I do think the manager has shown a weakness with the situation - no player no matter how much we pay them or how well they have down in the past deserves to be an automatic starter when fit. Perhaps if he had been dropped, we could have seen a reaction? - it's all too comfortable for him.

The season was going pretty well until he went to the acon, and it declined from then on, so I actually think we miss Yaya big time when he doesn't play

How about we do what most of us and all of the pundits say and play him further foward every game and see what happens

karen7 said:
How about we do what most of us and all of the pundits say and play him further foward every game and see what happens

I agree with the sentiment, but our manager insists on playing 4-4-2 and there is no "further forward" position for him to occupy in this system.
If we set up 4-2-3-1, then I'd possibly think about playing him as the central one of the 3, even though I believe Silva is far more suited to that role.
Sadly, I see no future for Yaya at City.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
karen7 said:

I agree with the sentiment, but our manager insists on playing 4-4-2 and there is no "further forward" position for him to occupy in this system.
If we set up 4-2-3-1, then I'd possibly think about playing him as the central one of the 3, even though I believe Silva is far more suited to that role.
Sadly, I see no future for Yaya at City.

Thanks for the tactical help,it's not my strong point
Can't ever drop dave so that's that.I'm intriqued to see what we decide to do with him in the summer

jollylescott said:
Manchester_lalala said:
He showed glimpses of his ability last night, but still not enough effort. He should only play behind a striker from now on.

That's probably the only suitable position for him, but that's where Silva should be playing. Silva is our best player. The team needs to built around him, not Yaya.

Silva is nowhere near our best player. Best form this season was without him.

Chrisdunk said:
jollylescott said:
Manchester_lalala said:
He showed glimpses of his ability last night, but still not enough effort. He should only play behind a striker from now on.

That's probably the only suitable position for him, but that's where Silva should be playing. Silva is our best player. The team needs to built around him, not Yaya.

Eh??? When was this fella?

karen7 said:

Spot on. Best player I've ever seen in a city shirt for me. yaya vinny and zab all suffering under pellergrini. Mangala and Milner must fucking hate the guy nearly as much as jovetic

richards30 said:
Chrisdunk said:
jollylescott said:

Eh??? When was this fella?

Probably had his Sky box pinched so he can no longer wank to RagTV.

Citizen Green said:

Spot on, and needed saying.
His goal at Newcastle, and his goal in the cup semifinal vs United especially was a watershed moment for the club.
One of the greatest players I've ever gone to watch play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.