Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Blue Mooner said:
I always feel better seeing Yaya Toure's name on the team sheet than not. Yet again he conjures up a goal that gave us a sniff of getting a result.

Against the likes of Palace we don't need a defensive midfielder, they created nothing all game. In a team where we are limited in natural goalscorers fans want one of them (Yaya) taken out of the team - and for James Milner of all people !! Now don't get me wrong I love Milner he can do a job for us in certain games but he's not even close to the same class as Yaya. Micheal Carrick & Fabian Delph get in the England team ahead of Milner so if that's who we're looking to rely on to bring back the glory then we really are in trouble.

If anything it demonstrates the small time mentality of some of our fans who seem to mistake any player that runs around George Boyd style for 90 minutes as being a class player.

A great player simply does not go bad overnight, if Yaya is lacking anything at the moment it can be summed up in one word..CONFIDENCE.

It's sad that our own fans seem to be delighting in destroying it along with many other players.

certainly do not think supporters take delight at criticising yaya's performances , just the realisation , that he has been a great player , but all good things come to an end. We need to look to the future , and a player approaching is 32nd birthday (dont forget the cake!) who cannot produce on a weekly basis , and who has still got a decent transfer value , should be sold. But it will be a near impossible job to replace him , probably one of the top 3 midfielders in europe , during his city stay.

BlueAnorak said:
Nice duck out of the way of Puncheon's free kick yesterday. I guess the good goal makes up for it. - but he is way off the form that made him the best midfielder in the Premier League.

Not his fault that we play a system that exposes his inability to get back after a lung busting attack up the pitch. A system that puts Fernandinho in 1 v 2 and 1 v 3 defensive situations.

Forget the ducking - he's actually at fault for the fucking free-kick award.

Nobody seems to have mentioned it is his failed pathetic attempt to even head the ball clear, which resulted in both Silva and Fernandindo having to then charge back and resulted in the obvious foul because they couldn't get back in on the edge of the area.

We all know he can't play in a midfield 2. In fact it's debateable whether he can play in midfield at all.

I have always thought we should try him wide left in the three behind Kun.

He would frighten a lot of full backs when he got behind them. It might not work, in which case he needs to be sold as I can't imagine he wants to play Lampard's role next year.

past his best imo, 32 next month I think he will be sold this summer.

Blue Mooner said:
I always feel better seeing Yaya Toure's name on the team sheet than not. Yet again he conjures up a goal that gave us a sniff of getting a result.

Against the likes of Palace we don't need a defensive midfielder, they created nothing all game. In a team where we are limited in natural goalscorers fans want one of them (Yaya) taken out of the team - and for James Milner of all people !! Now don't get me wrong I love Milner he can do a job for us in certain games but he's not even close to the same class as Yaya. Micheal Carrick & Fabian Delph get in the England team ahead of Milner so if that's who we're looking to rely on to bring back the glory then we really are in trouble.

If anything it demonstrates the small time mentality of some of our fans who seem to mistake any player that runs around George Boyd style for 90 minutes as being a class player.

A great player simply does not go bad overnight, if Yaya is lacking anything at the moment it can be summed up in one word..CONFIDENCE.

It's sad that our own fans seem to be delighting in destroying it along with many other players.

As I have said in previous posts - Hard work beats talent when talent isn't prepared to work hard!!!

Now which one of the Stoke (H), West Ham (A), Newcastle (Capital One), CSKA (H), Burnley (H), Middlesbrough (FA Cup), Liverpool (A), Burnley (A) or Crystal Palace (A) games would you like to debate that point on? None of those sides are even close to us in terms of talent but they're all prepared to work much harder than we are at times and Yaya although admittedly didn't play in all those games is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our approach and attitude to games.

Milner isn't as talented but he's a battler and when things are tough I'd much rather have him fighting next to me than an overweight, lazy, 6'4" traffic cone who is scared of getting hit by a fucking football. The bloke hasn't got the heart for a battle, how many times do you need to see it before you realise he's the one costing this team on a regular basis.

And before you start on the fans - are these the same fans who have chanted his name for the previous 3/4 years?

To those saying he should be accomodated further forward . Don't you have to show some passion and desire to run in every outfield position (and even goalkeeper nowadays too). If he gave everything and came off at half time shattered and he couldn't do it anymore then yes. I think you're setting a dangerous precedent here cos if he suddenly sprang to life in his new forward position what would that say to the rest of the team about what to do if you are not been played in your favourite position.

Clearly the club is at a cross-roads over Yaya, either he stays on a reduced contract (wages) & ends up with an ambassadorial role when he retires, or we sell him to Inter in the summer and get him of the wage books.

One thing that is getting right on my tits currently though is the fraction of City fans who are slating his every move and slagging him off at every given opportunity, he's turning into the whipping boy of a lot of City fan's frustration at the moment. These fans are quick to forget the massive impact the man's had on our club and there's no way we would have achieved the level of success over the last 4 years we have without him. For that very reason I think he's earned the right to make the decision on his own future, if he wants to stay then keep him and move forward together, if he wants to go, then he goes with my blessing and I wish him every success.

One of the greatest players to ever where the City jersey, and bar for the shenanigans of last summer (after his brother's death I'll add) he's always been a top professional for us, we'll go along way to find a player who will have as big an impact over the next few years after he's gone.

The time has come to sell.

You can't have sentiment in football and for me Yaya just hasn't got his heart set on City anymore, if he did he would be working die hard for the cause for 90 minutes and he doesn't.

I think he has got far too comfortable picking 200k a week up with no competition for his position, he has been a great servant but for me he is the type of player that will put up a fuss if we did bring in competition for his place and I do have a feeling him and his agent feel they are doing City a favour and that both are bigger than the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.