Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

SuperBlu said:
mosssideblue said:
SuperBlu said:
I agree, but the old jeans is still one of our best performers this season too according to the STATS.

Stats only tell you what you want them to.

Have a look

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167</a>

He has the highest average pass per game 91 , the 2nd is Silva with 69 pass per game.

He is the 2nd best dribbler behind Aguero

The 3rd goal scorer

He is in midfield, he is likely to have the most ball time. Do those stats say how insicive those passes were, or how many were sideways or backwards.
We are not a dribbling team, we are a quick pass and move team so I wouldn't expect great stats from anyone in our team on that front.
Goals scored, were hardly banging them in from all over like last year. We have had mixed fortunes with strikers this year, so again, not surprising.

You hang on to your stats though as you obviously take comfort from them.

mosssideblue said:
richards30 said:
We need our yaya back today!

Yes we do, but what are the chances?

Who knows?? Lol yaya always seems to dominate against the rags though so hopefully the same happens today blue.

Pablo1 said:
stony said:
dobobobo said:
Pray tell what he has said about City?

Oh, this one won't end well. Whenever someone starts a sentence with "Pray tell" it's always going to end badly.
Haha! I'm in work, Just gotta find the bride and groom for their first dance then I'll be back to see how this one develops.

woman has stood me up!

SuperBlu said:
mosssideblue said:
SuperBlu said:
I agree, but the old jeans is still one of our best performers this season too according to the STATS.

Have a look

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167</a>

He has the highest average pass per game 91 , the 2nd is Silva with 69 pass per game.

The 3rd goal scorer

Joe Hart could score 10-15 goals a season if he completely neglected his basic job of protecting our own goal to wander off up front as fly keeper.

According to your interpretation of the stats that would make him a great goalkeeper.

Need Yaya to get back to his last season's attitude today and show some belief and motivation.

If Yaya dominates that midfield we'll twat these f*ckers.

fatbloke said:
Blue Mooner said:
fatbloke said:
So what you're saying is his defensive contribution has halved this season? And you wouldn't play him against the likes of Bayern, Barcelona etc. because you can't trust him if we haven't got possession?

But you want to keep him because he's a City legend................... you're living in the past pal. We need to progress and evolve, not stand still waiting for the inevitable decline.

Well in 2012/2013 his stats were 1.2 tackles per game interceptions 0.9, this season it's 1.1 & 0.5 he's never been a player to launch into tackles or quick enough over half a yard to intercept passes, nothings changed, yet according to you this represents some kind of massive decline.

I'm basing my opinion on what I am witnessing game in game out and funnily enough most of the stats back me up that he is still one of our most influential players, I do accept that he is not going to get any better, but you don't lose incredible footballing ability overnight. On following seasons we should use his tremendous experience and eventually in 2/3 years he will be used more sparingly and in that time we have had plenty of time to groom his ultimate successor.

Is it any wonder we don't have any ex City players/legends fighting our corner when we are so ready to discard them. And no, I'm not living in the past I'm very much in the here and now.

I see absolutely no benefit losing a talent like Yaya Toure for what in todays money is very little money when his contribution still puts him in the top three of our players. If we need money to bring in a Pogba we should be targeting other sales not Yaya.

You quoted last years Champions League stats which show a significant (near 50%) decline this season, now suddenly because it doesn't suit your side of the discussion you change it to all competitions. Funny that.

To quote you "what he is, is a powerful, explosive, goal scoring midfielder who can score you goals from nothing in crucial games, he can dictate play and control a game" and yet you also say "in the games against the Barca's, Bayern Munichs of the world where you're not going to dominate possession then these are the games where I would look to rest Yaya". It doesn't make sense.

If he's our third most influential player and has the ability to do what you say he can why wouldn't you play him in the big games?
That's surely when we need our most influential players isn't it?
Why would you waste £200k a week (£10.4m a year) when we are restricted by FFP on someone who you don't trust to play in the big games?
What do you suggest we do for the next 2-3 years until you say Yaya will need replacing? Fernando? Zuculini? Evans?

I understand your sentiment but it seems to me like you're allowing your heart to rule your mind.

I only used Champions league stats at all because that was the 'angle' you chose to take. Fwiw those Champions league stats are pretty meaningless on the basis of 5 games. When your best performing tackler in midfield makes 1.8 tackles per game, the fact Yaya only makes 0.5 it's all pretty meaningless. If your argument is you get rid of a player because he makes one less tackle per game (when that isn't even what his game is about) then I really do despair. If that is the rationale then you would never sign a Mata, an Oscar, Hazard, Silva.

If you look at the EA sports player performance index Yaya Toure is still ranked the 15th best player in the premier league and that is by his standards in a poor season - only Rooney finishes higher from the rags team.

But you carry on ignoring all the stats that support the contribution he has for the team and carry on your little personal crusade.

If you don't understand the rationale as to why I believe that you would either use Yaya in a different way or choose to leave him out in a game where the opposition (probably only Barca, Bayern & R.Madrid) have high ball retention and move it quickly then I can't help you. You've clearly never heard of rotation. I have a 100% trust in Yaya but in those games you either leave him out of a midfield two or play him in a different way as his lack of pace over 5 yards is exposed. That is just being sensible. That said I don't think it was only yaya that struggled against what was fantastic opposition in Barca.

To get rid of one of your top 3 players for very little transfer money is madness. I would far sooner free-up the wage bill in other ways if that is what is required in order to bring in another midfielder. That would be through Sinclair, Jovetic, Lampard, Richards

mosssideblue said:
SuperBlu said:
mosssideblue said:

Have a look

The 3rd goal scorer

He is in midfield, he is likely to have the most ball time. Do those stats say how insicive those passes were, or how many were sideways or backwards.
We are not a dribbling team, we are a quick pass and move team so I wouldn't expect great stats from anyone in our team on that front.
Goals scored, were hardly banging them in from all over like last year. We have had mixed fortunes with strikers this year, so again, not surprising.

You hang on to your stats though as you obviously take comfort from them.

We lost the league when Yaya went to the African Cup, and it shows you how important is he to the team.

In the last 4 seasons we won the league twice and that was when Yaya doesn't have to leave us for the African Cup !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.