Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
adrianr said:
Cobwebcat said:
I think you tend to see more on TV. I share a season ticket and my mate checks with me if I'm the one watching TV for decisions etc. Case in point Silva incident today.

Yaya is far from his best and West Ham were very poor but Yaya was OK. Good even.

You can see incidents on TV better because of replays, but you can 100% without a doubt see formation and player movements better at the match. Until they start doing a fixed full pitch view on TV (Which I would love and happily pay for) it will always be difficult to see what every player is doing relative to every other, because save for a few brief moments you never see them all on screen at the same time.

True actually.ill just say that from TV view he was OK. Quinn seemed to think he was good.

And after match interview said he played well,he himself was hurt by some of the comments he was lazy

adrianr said:
Cobwebcat said:
ninjamonkey said:
To the people that think he was good, why was he good today? And how was his performance any different from last week? West Ham were terrible today which disguised Yaya's performance and made him look better than he was. he made a tackle for our second goal but then on the other hand he also gave the ball away in our own 3rd in the second half under no pressure whatsoever and then walked back as west ham broke at our defence, let his man run right passed him to receive the ball and it probably would of ended with a goal but for a great block from Mangala. And then, as i've mentioned in my last post, the final few minutes after his run was unforgivable in my eyes and i don't understand why the fans and seemingly the management let him get away with doing that when nobody else would.

This is not a "my view is more valid than yours because i went to the game" post, it's a genuine question, did the people that think he played well go to the game today? I'm only asking because maybe we see the game differently, Everybody around me seemed to agree yaya was pretty shit today, perhaps you don't see the whole match on tv and the tv acts more like a youtube highlights reel that makes him seem better than he was?

I think you tend to see more on TV. I share a season ticket and my mate checks with me if I'm the one watching TV for decisions etc. Case in point Silva incident today.

Yaya is far from his best and West Ham were very poor but Yaya was OK. Good even.

You can see incidents on TV better because of replays, but you can 100% without a doubt see formation and player movements better at the match. Until they start doing a fixed full pitch view on TV (Which I would love and happily pay for) it will always be difficult to see what every player is doing relative to every other, because save for a few brief moments you never see them all on screen at the same time.
Not just replays, the camera often covers the key third constantly. Meaning in 80% of the gameshot the camera is covering the one third area of the field where action is happening. The claim of watching football at the stadium gives you a better view, is a fallacy from an ancient era when the camera angles were poor and the technology was average.

You go to stadiums for the atmosphere, comradrie, the energy and the experience. But if your goal is to get the best view of what happened during a game, TV is by far a bettere option. Not to mention, 90% of people at games are watching from an angle that gives the, a better view in one area and a worse view in others. If you seat behind either goal you frankly have a worse view than any TV viewer, same goes for thos who seat at an angle. Even when you are sat right dab center, you still don't get the best view of what's going on in the far corner or if a guy was offsides or not.

Watching on TV is like having a roving seat above the stadium that follows the ball around and shows crystal clear view of the most relevant action. How anyone can think seating in one corner of a stadium is better buggles my mind.

I have season tickets to NYCFC and I find myself watching the main jumbo screen more than half the game. I enjoy the singing, shouting and healing of the opposition, hanging with friends and other game acquaintances, but I don't fool myself into thinking I have a better view than someone watching it on TV. Frankly I dont. Neither does most of those at the stadium. You couldn't.

The only time where watching at a stadium beats on TV is when you are scouting a player. That way you can watch him at all times, and see how he does when on the ball off the ball and in general. Outside of that slim exception, TV beats stadium everytime. If the goal is getting the most info about the key moments of the game.

should imagine some good perfomances from him till the end of the season now his agents is smoking him around!

OB1 said:
depps said:
spanishblue said:
So when he plays well (as today) he gets criticized by you .
And when he is pants he gets the same.

He can't win can he ?

I didn't think he played well today, not by the standards he has set for himself in the past anyway.

What did he do so well today that he didn't do against Utd that has people going on about a good performance?

5 shots, 119 passes (112 completed), today. 2 shots, 44 passes (36 completed). Average passes per game this season: 90. The stats emphasize what you should have been able to spot with your own eyes: Yaya was much better today than last week and more involved in the game than normal.

And the main statistic you are missing is that we completely dominated this match as opposed to the United match so he was bound to have more of the ball - we had 70 odd percent possession.

He was no better today than against United and wasn't tested at all defensively so wasn't shown up in that regard.

We'll see how he does against Villa if they turn up and he is asked to do some work

rumone said:
should imagine some good perfomances from him till the end of the season now his agents is smoking him around!

Which is good for both parties.

I was at the game and he looked good to me.

Not one person near me thought he was shit.

Some people just don't like him anymore and he is always the first name slated however he plays.

He was way better than Lampard yet not a comment on him or the awful Kolorov or sloppy Demichellis.

Dax777 said:
adrianr said:
Cobwebcat said:

Not just replays, the camera often covers the key third constantly. Meaning in 80% of the gameshot the camera is covering the one third area of the field where action is happening. The claim of watching football at the stadium gives you a better view, is a fallacy from an ancient era when the camera angles were poor and the technology was average.

You go to stadiums for the atmosphere, comradrie, the energy and the experience. But if your goal is to get the best view of what happened during a game, TV is by far a bettere option. Not to mention, 90% of people at games are watching from an angle that gives the, a better view in one area and a worse view in others. If you seat behind either goal you frankly have a worse view than any TV viewer, same goes for thos who seat at an angle. Even when you are sat right dab center, you still don't get the best view of what's going on in the far corner or if a guy was offsides or not.

Watching on TV is like having a roving seat above the stadium that follows the ball around and shows crystal clear view of the most relevant action. How anyone can think seating in one corner of a stadium is better buggles my mind.

I have season tickets to NYCFC and I find myself watching the main jumbo screen more than half the game. I enjoy the singing, shouting and healing of the opposition, hanging with friends and other game acquaintances, but I don't fool myself into thinking I have a better view than someone watching it on TV. Frankly I dont. Neither does most of those at the stadium. You couldn't.

The only time where watching at a stadium beats on TV is when you are scouting a player. That way you can watch him at all times, and see how he does when on the ball off the ball and in general. Outside of that slim exception, TV beats stadium everytime. If the goal is getting the most info about the key moments of the game.
Depends where your seat is. I'm on the third level right on line with the 18 yard box and there's not a chance on earth people watching on TV are getting a better view of the game than I am. I get a full overview of the pitch and see all the off the ball running that the cameras don't follow.
There will be sections of the ground where what you say is applicable but not everywhere - no chance.
As for YaYa he was better than he's been recently, that's not such a ringing endorsement though. He deserves credit for his part in the second so fair play to him for that. If we're to finish second or third we need more from him in the remaining 5 games.

depps said:
OB1 said:
depps said:
I didn't think he played well today, not by the standards he has set for himself in the past anyway.

What did he do so well today that he didn't do against Utd that has people going on about a good performance?

5 shots, 119 passes (112 completed), today. 2 shots, 44 passes (36 completed). Average passes per game this season: 90. The stats emphasize what you should have been able to spot with your own eyes: Yaya was much better today than last week and more involved in the game than normal.

And the main statistic you are missing is that we completely dominated this match as opposed to the United match so he was bound to have more of the ball - we had 70 odd percent possession.

He was no better today than against United and wasn't tested at all defensively so wasn't shown up in that regard.

We'll see how he does against Villa if they turn up and he is asked to do some work

he played well and put in a good shift, you begrudging pillock

BringBackSwales said:
depps said:
OB1 said:

he played well and put in a good shift, you begrudging pillock

Begrudging pillock? Because I don't share your opinion of Yaya's performance today?

Believe me I'd love to see him back to his marauding best but he isn't and I don't think his performance today was some kind of indication that he is on his way back to his best either - and in far from the only one that thinks this.

We'll see how he does against Villa and then Spurs. I hope he smashes it against both of them but I'm not expecting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.