Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
karen7 said:
depps said:
karen7 said:

So ye genuinely think that was some kind of stellar performance from Yaya? There was only once in the game I can remember him breaking into a sprint, he gave the ball away on a number of occasions with very careless passes including once that nearly left West Ham in for a goal scoring opportunity and he wasn't exposed defensively because he didn't have to do much defending West Ham were that shit.

If this is what we have come to consider a good game from Yaya then our expectations of what he is capable of delivering have completely collapsed

Clearly not back to his best but better than of late
No point slagging him when he puts in a better shift
As i said above he has probably come to the end of his time here especially if Klopp does appear

The way I see it there wasn't much difference between his performance today and against United - he made some great attacking passes that day too - West Ham just didn't put in the same type of effort offensively as United did so he wasn't exposed. He was still lethargic and just trundling around the pitch at walking pace for the majority of the game.

When he is on his game he is a top, top footballer but for me it looks like he just isn't interested in being here anymore and isn't willing to put in a proper shift so needs to be moved on.

As you said, I can't see somebody like Klopp or Pep putting up with his kind of attitude so I expect him to be gone this summer if we get a half decent offer

OB1 said:
depps said:
karen7 said:

So ye genuinely think that was some kind of stellar performance from Yaya? There was only once in the game I can remember him breaking into a sprint, he gave the ball away on a number of occasions with very careless passes including once that nearly left West Ham in for a goal scoring opportunity and he wasn't exposed defensively because he didn't have to do much defending West Ham were that shit.

If this is what we have come to consider a good game from Yaya then our expectations of what he is capable of delivering have completely collapsed

He had a 135 touches so he was not disinterested. His tackle set up the move for the second goal. His pass completion was 94% so he barely gave the ball away.

He's our central midfield playmaker, he's bound to see plenty of the ball. The fact that we were so dominant and he had so much ball but we still didn't look particularly threatening actually illustrates my point - if he would try harder we would actually be doing a lot better because he is so central to our team.

depps said:
OB1 said:
depps said:

He had a 135 touches so he was not disinterested. His tackle set up the move for the second goal. His pass completion was 94% so he barely gave the ball away.

He's our central midfield playmaker, he's bound to see plenty of the ball. The fact that we were so dominant and he had so much ball but we still didn't look particularly threatening actually illustrates my point - if he would try harder we would actually be doing a lot better because he is so central to our team.

So when he plays well (as today) he gets criticized by you .
And when he is pants he gets the same.

He can't win can he ?

spanishblue said:
depps said:
OB1 said:

He can't win can he ?

I didn't think he played well today, not by the standards he has set for himself in the past anyway.

What did he do so well today that he didn't do against Utd that has people going on about a good performance?

depps said:
spanishblue said:
depps said:

He can't win can he ?

I didn't think he played well today, not by the standards he has set for himself in the past anyway.

What did he do so well today that he didn't do against Utd that has people going on about a good performance?

Think he did most things well today.
But its about opinions :-)

What the hell am i reading? He was the same yaya as we've seen al season, didn't look interested most of the game, moved around the pitch like it was a struggle to even walk and wasn't worth his effort, didn't even attempt to track a man out of possession and was in no mood to break out of walking pace when so often he had the chance to push forward into space. he played some nice balls forward but he does that almost every game and it shouldn't hide the rest of his lazy performance. It was the same Yaya that turned up against united last week, only this time he came up against much lesser quality and wasn't shown up as much.

After that 1 run he made towards the end it took him almost 2 minutes to get back behind the ball. People around me were just laughing at him as it's something we've come to expect but if it were any other player that did that, they'd get absolute bollocked for it and rightly so, Imagine if say Fernando had done that instead, he'd never play for us again. He's the captain and the example he's setting to the team is horrendous and it's even worse that he gets away with it without any repercussion. There's surely got to be some resentment towards him, especially from the other midfielders for the preferential treatment he receives. eventually the manager finally looked a bit pissed off and went and told him to get back and do some defensive work but he still strolled back and didn't even break into a sweat.

spanishblue said:
depps said:
spanishblue said:

He can't win can he ?

Well let's agree to disagree for today so! The real test is when we next come up against a team that are actually trying to win the game so his performance against Villa next week should give a better indication of where he is at

depps said:
spanishblue said:
depps said:

Well let's agree to disagree for today so! The real test is when we next come up against a team that are actually trying to win the game so his performance against Villa next week should give a better indication of where he is at
I hope so, onwards and upwards

depps said:
spanishblue said:
depps said:

He can't win can he ?

In a sense you are right. I thought he was pretty good at United too. He trots around, he always has. But he put in a little more effort today it seems. And his tackle leading to a goal indelibly sticks in the mind of most.

Personally, I thought he was pretty good in both games. United was just better on the day and West ham wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.