Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue ranger said:
He was better today but agree we shouldn't judge on one game. The extra player in midfield helped and West Ham were absolutely dire. Do think though that the right time is in the summer to cash in.

As long as he isn't tasked with doing any defending he's fine but in the system we predominantly play under Pellegrini he's too often missing in action in our final third. After making that big run in the second half (which should have brought a goal, not Yaya's fault though), it must have taken him a full minute to get back in our half.

Thanks for the effort and some sort of defensive awareness today yaya. However, too little too late for me.

You just know he doesn't give a fuck what people say.

He was great today, really. Always available, so many nice turns and passes, bulldozer strength in the box.

I like that he turned in such calm, focused performance amidst all the drama and criticism.

And his patience worked really well for us today, we played the game at our pace. Although people say we're playing too slow, I think we've just become too predictable. A constantly fast game doesn't suit us and could be the cause of many of our defensive woes.

Anyone hear the crowd groan at one point when he appeared to slow the game down - only to show he knew exactly what he was doing, by playing Aguero in with a fantastic pass?

OB1 said:
depps said:
OB1 said:
5 shots, 119 passes (112 completed), today. 2 shots, 44 passes (36 completed). Average passes per game this season: 90. The stats emphasize what you should have been able to spot with your own eyes: Yaya was much better today than last week and more involved in the game than normal.

And the main statistic you are missing is that we completely dominated this match as opposed to the United match so he was bound to have more of the ball - we had 70 odd percent possession.

He was no better today than against United and wasn't tested at all defensively so wasn't shown up in that regard.

We'll see how he does against Villa if they turn up and he is asked to do some work

OK. You clearly are not worth wasting time on.

Grand boss. Your time, like Yaya, is precious.

depps said:
OB1 said:
depps said:
And the main statistic you are missing is that we completely dominated this match as opposed to the United match so he was bound to have more of the ball - we had 70 odd percent possession.

He was no better today than against United and wasn't tested at all defensively so wasn't shown up in that regard.

We'll see how he does against Villa if they turn up and he is asked to do some work

OK. You clearly are not worth wasting time on.

Grand boss. Your time, like Yaya, is precious.

Which game were you watching

It's embarrassing that people are still not only tolerating Toure's complete contempt for the club off the pitch and lack of effort on the pitch but applauding him for it.

He was fucking shocking yet again today but I suppose we should be thankful, 33 games into the season and the lazy **** has made a tackle.

If anything highlights that we will be a better team without Toure it's actually our second goal.

fatbloke said:
It's embarrassing that people are still not only tolerating Toure's complete contempt for the club off the pitch and lack of effort on the pitch but applauding him for it.

He was fucking shocking yet again today but I suppose we should be thankful, 33 games into the season and the lazy c**t has made a tackle.

If anything highlights that we will be a better team without Toure it's actually our second goal.

You mean the one where he started the move by sliding in & winning the ball?

Juan King said:
fatbloke said:

He was fucking shocking yet again today but I suppose we should be thankful, 33 games into the season and the lazy c**t has made a tackle.

You mean the one where he started the move by sliding in & winning the ball?

Sssh - don't mention that bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.