Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides his interception to start the counter attack I don't think he played that well but I suppose something is better than nothing from him these days.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Juan King said:
fatbloke said:
It's embarrassing that people are still not only tolerating Toure's complete contempt for the club off the pitch and lack of effort on the pitch but applauding him for it.

He was fucking shocking yet again today but I suppose we should be thankful, 33 games into the season and the lazy c**t has made a tackle.

If anything highlights that we will be a better team without Toure it's actually our second goal.

You mean the one where he started the move by sliding in & winning the ball?

Sssh - don't mention that bit!

Perhaps "fatbloke" had gone for a pee when that happened and so missed it.

Bluekiwi said:
Juan King said:
You mean the one where he started the move by sliding in & winning the ball?

The point is that FB is actually making is ironic and seems to have sailed miles over your heads.
The point is that If YaYa pulled his finger out then perhaps we would see more counter attacking goals like that one. Perhaps something like the 25+ goals that have vanished from the City GF total this season?

Summerbuzz said:
You just know he doesn't give a fuck what people say.

He was great today, really. Always available, so many nice turns and passes, bulldozer strength in the box.

I like that he turned in such calm, focused performance amidst all the drama and criticism.

And his patience worked really well for us today, we played the game at our pace. Although people say we're playing too slow, I think we've just become too predictable. A constantly fast game doesn't suit us and could be the cause of many of our defensive woes.

Anyone hear the crowd groan at one point when he appeared to slow the game down - only to show he knew exactly what he was doing, by playing Aguero in with a fantastic pass?

Assuming he goes we will likely be a better team without him next season and yet
he will still dominate Serie A, La Liga or were ever he ends up, tis why football in this country pisses me off at times.

It was interesting reading another perspective on Yaya this weekend and that mentioned how he went from being our star performer in the run in last season, to a world cup, to another season, to the ACON and then has come back again needing to do the same. It's a trait of a lot of African players that they come across lazy even when perhaps they aren't... I think we've made the excuse for Zabba and Kompany this season over sheer number of games and Yaya has still been good for us. I just think he's spent from such a tough year and a half on the pitch and playing in a two man midfield has been too much for him. I don't think you can blame him for it and I certainly think off the pitch he's not handled things well.

BlueAnorak said:
Bluekiwi said:

The point is that FB is actually making is ironic and seems to have sailed miles over your heads.
The point is that If YaYa pulled his finger out then perhaps we would see more counter attacking goals like that one. Perhaps something like the 25+ goals that have vanished from the City GF total this season?

Haha thanks BlueAnorak, I should have expected the irony to be lost on some people here.

At least now the Yaya lover boys might actually see that tackling, pressing and winning the ball back high up the pitch is just as important if not more so than 100 and odd mainly sideways passes

If only we could get the lazy fucking twat to make more than 1 tackle a season we'd be laughing.

Ps... Before the retaliation I'm not advocating signing Lee Cattermole or Karl Henry, I'm just highlighting the need for a bit of balance and work rate which Yaya is clearly missing.

Cobwebcat said:
Most completed passes in Premiership this weekend so he must have done something

That comes as no surprise at all......as West Ham allowed him the freedom of the park.....I don't think anyone can argue against his effectiveness when,like yesterday,he's afforded the time and space to dictate play - there are few better.

I also believe our formation,with one up front,was also a huge factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.