Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was fantastic yesterday totally dictated the way the game was gonna be played! His passing is a joy to watch at times! That said I'm really stuck on whether to cash in or get rid! We can't have these half hearted performances next season! What I would do with him is give him the odd game off instead of playing him every game! And play to his strengths in a 3 man midfield! Buy a world class wide player and holding midfielder!

Hart

zabba
clichy
vinny
mangala

kondogbia
yaya
diniho

bale
silva
aguero

I think his style is made for the Italian game. And I wouldn't be surprised, given the talk by his agent and Mancini, if we sold him for 5-10m to Inter in the summer.

Really wish he'd feck off now and take Dimitri Seluk with him..

Find it so hypocritical that statements come out from Seluk about dressing room unrest yet no other player or player's agent has said anything publicly. Why does he have to shit stir like this? Hmmm, let me think, could it be he's trying to get a big money move for Yaya so he gets a pay off like he tried this time last year.

Nah, agents would never do that.

At least we have 3 weeks to bake him the biggest Birthday Cake.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/04/21/10985482/yaya-toure-ill-go-where-there-are-new-challenges?ICID=HP_BN_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... ID=HP_BN_2</a>

Yaya Toure: I'll go where there are new challenges

Yaya Toure has dropped a hint that he will leave Manchester City at the end of the season as he is open to "new challenges" in his career.

Toure is set for with City over his future, but the 32-year-old has not ruled out an exit.

"No amount of wages will make me stay at a club if I feel that I no longer belong there or if no challenge exists for me," he told Foot Mercato.

"It would be unjust on my part. There comes a moment where numbers don't stop us, it goes beyond that, even if the English press seem more interested in the numbers than the sport itself.

"For the future, I don't know more than you do, because I will always go where I am offered new challenges. That is in my nature."

After guiding City to a second Premier League title last season with 20 goals from midfield, the Ivorian's displays have drastically decreased in quality since, prompting Manuel Pellegrini to single him out last week.

Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk, retaliated by claiming City should allow the midfielder to leave if they are not happy with him, with former City boss Roberto Mancini talking publicly about his desire to bring him to Inter.

"When things are not necessarily going well in a club, the key players take the fall," Toure added:

"I am not the only one to have been attacked even if there is tendency to be harsher with me... Football is my passion, my job and that gives me two good reasons to do as well as I can.

"I accept criticism if it helps me to improve and I ignore them when their aim is simply to break me.

"When I arrived at City, Pellegrini was not the coach. Just like the players, managers arrive and leave. As I have said before, I owe it to the City fans to fight until the end of my career at this club.

"My decisions will not be affected by changes in management, but more by the challenges that will be offered to me."

bluechampion7891 said:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/04/21/10985482/yaya-toure-ill-go-where-there-are-new-challenges?ICID=HP_BN_2

Yaya Toure: I'll go where there are new challenges

Yaya Toure has dropped a hint that he will leave Manchester City at the end of the season as he is open to "new challenges" in his career.

Toure is set for with City over his future, but the 32-year-old has not ruled out an exit.

"No amount of wages will make me stay at a club if I feel that I no longer belong there or if no challenge exists for me," he told Foot Mercato.

"It would be unjust on my part. There comes a moment where numbers don't stop us, it goes beyond that, even if the English press seem more interested in the numbers than the sport itself.

"For the future, I don't know more than you do, because I will always go where I am offered new challenges. That is in my nature."

After guiding City to a second Premier League title last season with 20 goals from midfield, the Ivorian's displays have drastically decreased in quality since, prompting Manuel Pellegrini to single him out last week.

Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk, retaliated by claiming City should allow the midfielder to leave if they are not happy with him, with former City boss Roberto Mancini talking publicly about his desire to bring him to Inter.

"When things are not necessarily going well in a club, the key players take the fall," Toure added:

"I am not the only one to have been attacked even if there is tendency to be harsher with me... Football is my passion, my job and that gives me two good reasons to do as well as I can.

"I accept criticism if it helps me to improve and I ignore them when their aim is simply to break me.

"When I arrived at City, Pellegrini was not the coach. Just like the players, managers arrive and leave. As I have said before, I owe it to the City fans to fight until the end of my career at this club.

"My decisions will not be affected by changes in management, but more by the challenges that will be offered to me."
and so it begins again

If we can we should sell him on this summer. We are far too dependent on him and if he fails to deliver we suffer badly as a team. We need to buy players to spread out the attributes Yaya has over the team so one off form/cant be arsed player doesnt affect us too badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.