Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should sell Yaya last year after the birthday incident.
We will not get much this summer since his form is not that good this year

If we switch to a 3-man midfield, Yaya will still be useful as the most advance midfielder.
If we keep a 2-man midfield (either 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1), I don't think Yaya is a good option. Someone like Pogba or Koke will be better

Dodge said:
Who decided to put Yaya on Bogbrush? As soon as that decision was made, the writing was on the wall. Bogbrush's eyes must've lit up when he saw who we'd put on him. For a big man, Yaya is dogshit in the air, and NOT a defensive midfielder. Moreover, his team mates will have looked at that and thought "what the fuck?", hence VK getting pulled all over the place.

Yes, he was lazy at times, but it was highlighted during the game that our midfield (with the exception of Fern) were ambling back too many times as a collective.

Too easy to bash Yaya, his performance was a direct result of the position he was played in. We wasted all the best attributes in his game and stuck him in a position of absolutely no influence.

Criminal mismanagement..

Yaya and Aguero are our top icons. Without Yaya we lack the midfield creativity and spark plug to fire our goals scoring
What makes it difficult is when our oppponents scored (viz @ Selhurst Park 2 goals on 3 shots) and then entrenched or fortified their parked bus. This limits Yaya from making his trademark lung bursting run and our strikers (Aguero, Silva et al) from scoring.

Simply this our defense especially our last line of defense (GK) cannot afford to make mistakes*. This is what we should be focusing on.!!!

* We have City's players outnumbering their attackers. That's a fact!!!

I thought Yaya was one of our better players Yesterday. Dont get the outcry. It seem some just want to whine. He put some beautiful passes forward and kept Feliani challenged, even when he sometimes lost the jump ball he was there. This is way more than he ususally does defensively and he was on point with his passing offensively. So I am at a loss as to why he is being denigrated for yesterday's performance.

Apparently, he took a shot once and took his time jogging back on defense :? Big deal, Silva made a bad pass and did the same. Aguero at one point lazily walked towards a defender on the ball as Navas was running helter selter to close down 2 at a time. Yet no one seems to be outraged by those similar shows of a lack of energy.

Strange!

Dax777 said:
I thought Yaya was one of our better players Yesterday. Dont get the outcry. It seem some just want to whine. He put some beautiful passes forward and kept Feliani challenged, even when he sometimes lost the jump ball he was there. This is way more than he ususally does defensively and he was on point with his passing offensively. So I am at a loss as to why he is being denigrated for yesterday's performance.

Apparently, he took a shot once and took his time jogging back on defense :? Big deal, Silva made a bad pass and did the same. Aguero at one point lazily walked towards a defender on the ball as Navas was running helter selter to close down 2 at a time. Yet no one seems to be outraged by those similar shows of a lack of energy.

Strange!
I'm not sure if your being serious or not mate but he was a fucking disgrace yesterday.

Dax777 said:

Strange!
3 decent passes in a 90 minute period which saw him leave his fellow midfielders out to dry. He offered nothing going forward, he was a defensive liability and made Fellaini look like a £27 million pound player for the first time since he signed for them.
Other than that he was great.

Puteulanus luna said:
Dax777 said:

Strange!
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not mate but he was a fucking disgrace yesterday.
Plus its his job to track back, make an effort etc... It's pretty high up on the cm job description. See Fernandinho that's what he should've been like.

Dax777 said:

Strange!

Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore

Disgusting that a player in this day and age can week in week out put in non existent performances and still be picked

Stephenhakin said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Stephenhakin said:
Absolutely shocked that some Blues are still defending Yaya. He is the main reason for our recent poor performances its like we have been playing with ten men every game he has played recently. Worse for me is the fact he thinks this is acceptable. He is making mugs out of the lot of us.

If true, Why is Pellegrini still picking him?

There were 10 Scapegoats yesterday.

Because Yaya is can obviously not be dropped. Disagree with the other 10. Don't think Fernandinho did much wrong and the effort was there for all to see. Think Joe could have done better with the Mata goal but he did little else wrong.

The effort was there? Fuck me if that is effort I would like to see what giving up really looks like.

Fernandinho was ok. Aguero was ok, Hart was so/so. The rest were wank including the whole of the back four and Mangala and Nasri.

Zabaleta was fucking horrendous but gets a pass simply because he is Zabaleta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.