Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a stupid idea. If he stays next season, which I doubt, I would play him at centre half alongside Kompany. He's played there before for Barcelona. He's got enough pace to play in that role , he can bring the ball out and find players with his accurate passing, and I'm sure he could tackle and head the ball out as part of his new role. It's just a thought. Tin hat on, and runs away.

Pablo1 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Marvin said:
Too late in respect of Toure. It would take weeks to get him up to speed

Remind me how we did while he was away at the ACON.
When you keep banging on about him being away at the ACON are you completely airbrushing his shocking performances since he come back for a reason?
We were poor without him and we've been worse with him (this year) I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is that dropping him isn't going to solve all of our problems. He was part of the team when we had our best run earlier in the season and we didn't do very well when he was absent.

Does that mean he's free from blame? Of course not but the answer isn't quite as simple as just dropping one of our better players. We need to find a way to get the best out of him and getting him playing like he can do.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Pablo1 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Remind me how we did while he was away at the ACON.
When you keep banging on about him being away at the ACON are you completely airbrushing his shocking performances since he come back for a reason?
We were poor without him and we've been worse with him (this year) I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is that dropping him isn't going to solve all of our problems. He was part of the team when we had our best run earlier in the season and we didn't do very well when he was absent.

Does that mean he's free from blame? Of course not but the answer isn't quite as simple as just dropping one of our better players. We need to find a way to get the best out of him and getting him playing like he can do.
Right now dropping him would solve our main problem - a lack of legs in midfield. This is where our problems stem from. Teams coming at us are afforded all the space in the world through the middle of the park, he gets bypassed so easily and shows no interest in busting a gut to make the ground up. That has a knock on effect with Fernandinho (or whoever is next to him) having to do the work of two, which then has the knock on effect of both Silva and whoevers on the right becoming too narrow. The defenders are then left with little or no protection and suddenly it looks like we're overrun.
So dropping him might not solve all our problems but it'd go a long way in addressing the biggest one.

Pablo1 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Pablo1 said:

Right now dropping him would solve our main problem - a lack of legs in midfield. This is where our problems stem from. Teams coming at us are afforded all the space in the world through the middle of the park, he gets bypassed so easily and shows no interest in busting a gut to make the ground up. That has a knock on effect with Fernandinho (or whoever is next to him) having to do the work of two, which then has the knock on effect of both Silva and whoevers on the right becoming too narrow. The defenders are then left with little or no protection and suddenly it looks like we're overrun.
So dropping him might not solve all our problems but it'd go a long way in addressing the biggest one.

I guess it depends who you put in his place. I certainly wouldn't play him in a midfield 2 as he hasn't got the legs for that anymore but nor would I play Fernando in a 2 either. I guess Milner could be played there but it would restrict our forward play and he hasn't impressed in the few chances he's had there such as Middlesborough.

Personally I'd play a midfield 3 and take some of the defensive workload off him.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Pablo1 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

I guess it depends who you put in his place. I certainly wouldn't play him in a midfield 2 as he hasn't got the legs for that anymore but nor would I play Fernando in a 2 either. I guess Milner could be played there but it would restrict our forward play and he hasn't impressed in the few chances he's had there such as Middlesborough.

Personally I'd play a midfield 3 and take some of the defensive workload off him.
We're not in disagreement on that score. The midfield 2 (when Yaya is part of it) can't cope with anyone applying pressure. We haven't got the legs, it requires players who can get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, pressing the opposition without the ball and helping the CB's from becoming isolated. Unfortunately this year Yaya doesn't even come close.

jrb said:
Here's a stupid idea. If he stays next season, which I doubt, I would play him at centre half alongside Kompany. He's played there before for Barcelona. He's got enough pace to play in that role , he can bring the ball out and find players with his accurate passing, and I'm sure he could tackle and head the ball out as part of his new role. It's just a thought. Tin hat on, and runs away.

Given that he hasn't won a header in 5 years at the club, I'd say your first 5 words are about right

Exeter Blue I am here said:
jrb said:

Given that he hasn't won a header in 5 years at the club, I'd say your first 5 words are about right
It's a subject of much merriment where we sit. Watching Yaya's non attempt at headers even though he's normally got a 4-5 inch height advantage has cheered me up on many occasion.

mosssideblue said:
Dax777 said:
I thought Yaya was one of our better players Yesterday. Dont get the outcry. It seem some just want to whine. He put some beautiful passes forward and kept Feliani challenged, even when he sometimes lost the jump ball he was there. This is way more than he ususally does defensively and he was on point with his passing offensively. So I am at a loss as to why he is being denigrated for yesterday's performance.

Apparently, he took a shot once and took his time jogging back on defense :? Big deal, Silva made a bad pass and did the same. Aguero at one point lazily walked towards a defender on the ball as Navas was running helter selter to close down 2 at a time. Yet no one seems to be outraged by those similar shows of a lack of energy.

Strange!

Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore
What fishing rod? Just coz most of you want to have preconceived notions before a single ball has been kicked and moan afterwards doesn't mean I should join in. As I was watching the game, I thought Yaya was better than most. Fernandihno, and Aguero were the only players who were better. He was better than Silva, Milner, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas and about similar to Zab, even though I gave him a bit of an edge. But there is no outrage about any of these players in fact some were even given a little praise for putting in an effort. Dont know what the fuk that means.

Here are the discernable facts
Shots:1) Aguero 5, 2) Yaya 2. Everyone else 1 or none

Shots on target: 2 Aguero, 1 Navas = Zero everyone else.

Pass Accuracy: 1) Mangala 100%, 2) Yaya 81%, 3)David Silva 80%

Aerial Balls won:1) Kompany 6, 2nd MDM 4, 3 Yaya 2: Everyone else 1 or none

Touches on the ball: 1) MDM 54, 2) Yaya Toure 52, 3) Pablo 52

Key passes: 1) Silva & Navas 2, Yaya, Zab, Lamps, Dihno, MDM 1. Everyone else 0.

Dribbles: 1) Yaya & Clichy 2, Dihno, Aguero and Komps 1; Everyone else 0

Dispossessed: David Silva & Milner 2, Aguero, Zab, Dihno, MDM, Komps Clichy, Nasri, Navas 1: Pay attention to who never got dispossesed: Yeah, Yaya !!(thats Inspite of more touches than most).

Unforced error: Sergio & Silva 2, Yaya, Milner and Navas 1. Others 0.

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya & Mang 2, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Completed passes: 1) Silva 45, 2) Yaya 44 3) Zab 42 4)Dihno 41 others below

Long ball accuracy 1) Joe 4/16 2) Yaya 2/4 Everyone else 1 or less.

Percentage LB Accuracy: Yaya 50% & Silva 50% no one else above 33%

Thru Ball: 1) Milner 2, Yaya, Silva and Lampard 1. Everyone else 0.

Interceptions: Clichy 4, Zab & MDM 3, Yaya & Mang 2, everyone else 1 or 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 1.

These are some of the emotion free stats for your perusal. I was the first to say Yaya should be sold when most of you were still being blue blinkered. And I'd complain when he is poor. Not saying he was great, but he was far better than many. Watching the game without some preconceived emotion about any player shows it. And the stats back it up.

He was average, like most of the others against a superior team on the night. But he was far from being the poorest player on the field. Of that I am absolutely certain.

So like I said earlier, I dont get the fake outrage :?

Dax777 said:
mosssideblue said:
Dax777 said:
I thought Yaya was one of our better players Yesterday. Dont get the outcry. It seem some just want to whine. He put some beautiful passes forward and kept Feliani challenged, even when he sometimes lost the jump ball he was there. This is way more than he ususally does defensively and he was on point with his passing offensively. So I am at a loss as to why he is being denigrated for yesterday's performance.

Apparently, he took a shot once and took his time jogging back on defense :? Big deal, Silva made a bad pass and did the same. Aguero at one point lazily walked towards a defender on the ball as Navas was running helter selter to close down 2 at a time. Yet no one seems to be outraged by those similar shows of a lack of energy.

Strange!

Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore
What fishing rod? Just coz most of you want to have preconceived notions before a single ball has been kicked and moan afterwards doesn't mean I should join in. As I was watching the game, I thought Yaya was better than most. Fernandihno, and Aguero were the only players who were better. He was better than Silva, Milner, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas and about similar to Zab, even though I gave him a bit of an edge. But there is no outrage about any of these players in fact some were even given a little praise for putting in an effort. Dont know what the fuk that means.

Here are the discernable facts
Shots:1) Aguero 5, 2) Yaya 2. Everyone else 1 or none

Shots on target: 2 Aguero, 1 Navas = Zero everyone else.

Pass Accuracy: 1) Mangala 100%, 2) Yaya 81%, 3)David Silva 80%

Aerial Balls won:1) Kompany 6, 2nd MDM 4, 3 Yaya 2: Everyone else 1 or none

Touches on the ball: 1) MDM 54, 2) Yaya Toure 52, 3) Pablo 52

Key passes: 1) Silva & Navas 2, Yaya, Zab, Lamps, Dihno, MDM 1. Everyone else 0.

Dribbles: 1) Yaya & Clichy 2, Dihno, Aguero and Komps 1; Everyone else 0

Dispossessed: David Silva & Milner 2, Aguero, Zab, Dihno, MDM, Komps Clichy, Nasri, Navas 1: Pay attention to who never got dispossesed: Yeah, Yaya !!(thats Inspite of more touches than most).

Unforced error: Sergio & Silva 2, Yaya, Milner and Navas 1. Others 0.

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya, Mang, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Completed passes: 1) Silva 45, 2) Yaya 44 3) Zab 42 4)Dihno 41 others below

Long ball accuracy 1) Joe 4/16 2) Yaya 2/4 Everyone else 1 or less.

Percentage LB Accuracy: Yaya 50% & Silva 50% no one else above 33%

Thru Ball: 1) Milner 2, Yaya, Silva and Lampard 1. Everyone else 0.

Interceptions: Clichy 4, Zab & MDM 3, Yaya & Mang 2, everyone else 1 or 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 2.

These are some of the emotion free stats for your perusal. I was the first to say Yaya should be sold when most of you were still being blue blinkered. And I'd complain when he is poor. Not saying he was great, but he was far better than many. Watching the game without some preconceived emotion about any player shows it. And the stats back it up.

He was average, like most of the others against a superior team on the night. But he was far from being the poorest player on the field. Of that I am absolutely certain.

So like I said earlier, I dont get the fake outrage :?
That's some stretching of what actually happened in the game mate. Meaningless stats that don't take into account his actual performance. Go back and watch it (it doesn't get any better second time around I'm afraid) then come back and tell me you think he had a good game.

jrb said:

He would make a great back up keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.