Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Lavinda Past said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
SuperSilva said:
Yaya is important but I am really undecided on him yet, until mid Feb/March next year... until then I can clear something up for you guys...

Yaya is not a rotten apple and he and his brother not attending the funeral could be for a valid reason. As a muslim we have to bury our dead pretty much within hours of their passing. Its pretty important and for various reasons, which I won't go into, all muslims around the world will bury their dead within 12 hours of passing unless extreme reasons destictate not to (i.e. murder requiring post-mortem). So Yaya's brother would have been burried pretty much as they were boarding a flight since he passed away due to cancer...

Again, I'm not taking Yaya's side but its best we know all the facts because 90% of stuff said is utter shite... I know as well because I work for our sponsor and we get to hear a lot of things which have come to fruition...
Just going off what you said would you have said that if his brother passed away June 19 to say he was buried July 4 would of been unlikely ? Just interested

I was going to say exactly the same thing. I've seen the article on the 'funeral' on 4 July and I have two concerns...

1. There is a photograph showing Yaya and Kolo at the 'funeral' - Am I right in saying that photography at a funeral would be (at least) frowned upon in muslim society?

2. The photograph shows women attending the 'funeral'... Again; am I right in thinking that a muslim funeral would only be attended by males?

As I understand matters, Ibrahim Toure would have been buried within 24 hours of his passing (I have seen no reference to a post-mortem etc, being required), I cannot for one second imagine that the funeral would be 'delayed' to a convenient time for Yaya and Kolo to attend - Could the 4 July 'funeral' have been a family celebration of Ibrahim's life?

F*cking hell! Now that I did not they took that long for his funeral!!

IN response to your 1 questions...

1. Yeah, leaving burial to days later is a little frowned upon but most muslims, tend to be a little empathetic in these cases...

2. You're right, women do not attend the funeral with men there (from what I know, but I aint no scholar!), however I don't know if that's a muslim thing or a cultural belief... could be different in Cote de Ivore.

Personally, yes Yaya can be a lazy bast*rd but he's our lazy sod and last season he was unstoppable... I would only want to see him in our team and help City groom the next Yaya'esque midfielder...

BlueDeadHead said:
ArdwickBlue said:
BlueDeadHead said:
I wish people would stop bringing up "cakegate." It was a stupid move by his agent. Most fans saw it as such, had a laugh, and moved on.

The moral high ground that fans are taking is about what Yaya did to the club AFTER he returned from the WC. He publicly lied about City not allowing him compassionate leave to see his brother before he died. He did so in an attempt to force a transfer. In the process he significantly damaged City's brand in parts of the world. If you think that he should be forgiven because he was "mourning" then so be it but get your facts straight before you get on YOUR moral high ground.

Wasn't on my moral high ground - whatever the fuck that means.

So what if he wanted to leave, is that any worse than you wanting him gone now?. I think we all knew what Yaya or more to the point his agent was like before he signed with us. He will leave probably sooner rather than latter but you've got to ask yourself if he did push for a move and didn't get it, who stopped it from happening, the club?. It may have been better to let him have his move away (if that's what he wanted) but something prevented that from happening.

I don't give a fuck either way, I was only asking if maybe his thoughts were a bit overshadowed by the death of his brother, I didn't say he should be forgiven.

Also how did he "significantly damage City's brand in parts of the world"?, I'd love to know how you quantify that. Actually I wouldn't, I can't be arsed.

Why don't you tell us what it means since you are the one who brought it up.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I don't care that he wanted to leave, I care that he slandered the club in the most disgusting way in his attempt to leave.

If you don't understand the clubs desire to expand into other markets (like say Africa where Yaya is a GOD) then I think we should leave talk about marketing and branding alone. Come back when you actually know what you are talking about.

You never answered how his actions "significantly damaged City's brand in parts of the world"? Then ask me if I've got "a reading comprehension problem"

Maybe God playing for us is enough for us to break into Africa?

Are you really suggesting we will have any problems being marketed to the African continent because of a few newspaper articles about Yaya and this summer?

Your user name suits you.

Lavinda Past said:
OB1 said:
Lavinda Past said:
I was going to say exactly the same thing. I've seen the article on the 'funeral' on 4 July and I have two concerns...

1. There is a photograph showing Yaya and Kolo at the 'funeral' - Am I right in saying that photography at a funeral would be (at least) frowned upon in muslim society?

2. The photograph shows women attending the 'funeral'... Again; am I right in thinking that a muslim funeral would only be attended by males?

As I understand matters, Ibrahim Toure would have been buried within 24 hours of his passing (I have seen no reference to a post-mortem etc, being required), I cannot for one second imagine that the funeral would be 'delayed' to a convenient time for Yaya and Kolo to attend - Could the 4 July 'funeral' have been a family celebration of Ibrahim's life?

Women are permitted at funeral prayers but do not usually attend the burial. Instead of proving that you know-nowt about it, why not do some research?

Because I thought that as a muslim you would be able to answer my two concerns quickly and easily. I wasn't planning to do a thesis or anything!

Am I right about the photographs, or should I look it up...?

:-)

I am not muslim.

OB1 said:
Lavinda Past said:
OB1 said:
Women are permitted at funeral prayers but do not usually attend the burial. Instead of proving that you know-nowt about it, why not do some research?

Because I thought that as a muslim you would be able to answer my two concerns quickly and easily. I wasn't planning to do a thesis or anything!

I am not muslim.

Ooops! Sorry about that. I should have responded to / asked SuperSilva. Too many posts...

:-/

OB1 said:
Lavinda Past said:
OB1 said:

I am not muslim.
Why not?

ArdwickBlue said:
BlueDeadHead said:
ArdwickBlue said:
Wasn't on my moral high ground - whatever the fuck that means.

So what if he wanted to leave, is that any worse than you wanting him gone now?. I think we all knew what Yaya or more to the point his agent was like before he signed with us. He will leave probably sooner rather than latter but you've got to ask yourself if he did push for a move and didn't get it, who stopped it from happening, the club?. It may have been better to let him have his move away (if that's what he wanted) but something prevented that from happening.

I don't give a fuck either way, I was only asking if maybe his thoughts were a bit overshadowed by the death of his brother, I didn't say he should be forgiven.

Also how did he "significantly damage City's brand in parts of the world"?, I'd love to know how you quantify that. Actually I wouldn't, I can't be arsed.

Why don't you tell us what it means since you are the one who brought it up.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I don't care that he wanted to leave, I care that he slandered the club in the most disgusting way in his attempt to leave.

If you don't understand the clubs desire to expand into other markets (like say Africa where Yaya is a GOD) then I think we should leave talk about marketing and branding alone. Come back when you actually know what you are talking about.

You never answered how his actions "significantly damaged City's brand in parts of the world"? Then ask me if I've got "a reading comprehension problem"

Maybe God playing for us is enough for us to break into Africa?

Are you really suggesting we will have any problems being marketed to the African continent because of a few newspaper articles about Yaya and this summer?

Your user name suits you.

I see you edited out the embarrassing part of your post where you bring up "Moral High Ground" and then ask me what I meant by it when responding to you. Classy.

I understood your question. I didn't answer it as you didn't seem capable of comprehending my answer. The response in Africa to Yaya's comments were quite significant at the time. All were directed to how callous City was to Yaya by denying him compassionate leave. These things matter. Again, if you don't understand that you should stop posting about it.

As to your reading comprehension, you completely misrepresented my point. Do you deny this? Its all there in black and white for anyone to see.

Please enlighten me about my user name. It does suit me, but I expect you have a different perspective. Also, way to move to personal insults once you have been made to look like an idiot on a message board. Like I said, classy.

The only way to look at this at least he's our ****.he's a good player when he wants to be. Support the shirt until summer and then thank him for his efforts on the pitch and bid him farewell.

Rolee said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rolee said:
Even if say perhaps that family member had said to you if I should die while you're at the WC it is my desire that you stay and play?

I can only speak for myself but i'd have politely informed them different.

Fair enough, as you say each to their own. I'd personally have respected their wish.

I believe being a Muslim, and the culture they practise, a lot is based around family values, respecting your family, etc. your family is important, as with everyone. If a family member asks that you don't attend the funeral, as a Muslim, I'm guessing you'd have to respect that family members wishes.
Just trying to add a cultural view to things.

Oh, and another thing for the, starts with a D and ends in an s, out there openly panning this guy about his brothers funeral, death, whatever.

If you had a brother or sister that died, and people were openly discussing, but also giving out shit to you about events of it on Facebook, not a forum, cos none of you are famous enough, how would you feel or react?

I think it's disgusting some of the things being said now on this thread, and all it takes is for Yaya, or another person close to him, to have a look at some of this shit and that'll be enough to affect him as a person.

This all comes from my own experience, and 10 years on next August, I'm still nowhere near being the person I was. Family deaths, especially young ones, affect people in different ways.

Yes, you're all entitled to your opinions, but I'm also entitled to mine, and some of the recent posters should hang their heads in fucking shame.

de niro said:
The only way to look at this at least he's our ****.he's a good player when he wants to be. Support the shirt until summer and then thank him for his efforts on the pitch and bid him farewell.

In Mancunian that translates as 'don't let the door hit your arse on the way out'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.