Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Am I the only one who couldn't care less if he worships a statue of Eric Cantona every night and has a piss on the club badge near the tunnel before he walks out? I just want him to do the business on the pitch.

The problem is he is getting older and plays too much. A decent rest could get him back to what he was.

But even at his peak he couldn't stop players running past him. He was always someone who gave with one hand and took away with another. It's just that until this season the good always outweighed the bad.

Winning goal v scum in the semi, then winning goal in the final - which put an end to that fucking banner. 2 goals v Newcastle away which set up the league title. The equaliser v Sunderland last season that saw us go on to win the cup. 20 goals last season that were absolutely instrumental in us winning the title.

Not a City legend my arse.

Didsbury Dave said:
Am I the only one who couldn't care less if he worships a statue of Eric Cantona every night and has a piss on the club badge near the tunnel before he walks out? I just want him to do the business on the pitch.

The problem is he is getting older and plays too much. A decent rest could get him back to what he was.

But even at his peak he couldn't stop players running past him. He was always someone who gave with one hand and took away with another. It's just that until this season the good always outweighed the bad.

Yaya is a great player but like most players he has certain weaknesses to his game. The side has evolved, we press a lot more, and when the ball is not won, the gaping hole left centrally between midfield and defence is left exposed, which exacerbates the Yaya conundrum as Yaya's greatest strength is not chasing back. Some call it lazy but for me it his just more a question of his stature and the likely composition of his muscle make up.

We also have lost the shield provided by Gareth Barry, his ability to slow down play, cynicism in pulling back an opponent and even his ability to stick his arse in the way and win a cheap free kick.

Didsbury Dave said:

It still does.

From memory, he has had a hand (foot if you want to be picky) in four of the last five league goals that we have scored. Three of those contributions were outstanding.

I don't know Toure as a person but I find the persistent unpleasant name calling by so called City supporters quite pathetic. Whatever crimes people think Toure is guilty of against the club, he was my MotM on Saturday, certainly scored the winner and was as usual on the ball more than any other player on either team; I also noted that before kick-off he was going around his team mates hugging them and encouraging them.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It still does.

From memory, he has had a hand (foot if you want to be picky) in four of the last five league goals that we have scored. Three of those contributions were outstanding.

I don't know Toure as a person but I find the persistent unpleasant name calling by so called City supporters quite pathetic. Whatever crimes people think Toure is guilty of against the club, he was my MotM on Saturday, certainly scored the winner and was as usual on the ball more than any other player on either team; I also noted that before kick-off he was going around his team mates hugging them and encouraging them.

I think a fact lost on many, when the demand for him to be pushed forward, is the crucial role he plays between linking the defence and attack. We do not have another player who has the ability to switch play, play short and long passes.

Mister Appointment said:
supercity88 said:
He should change his name to Yoyo based on current form!

His form has steadily improved as the season has progressed.

Haha I know pal, just couldn't resist making the joke. I'm like Chandler from friends before a big game, nervous comedy is my only way out!

It seems that THE mod is rightly being shown up for being an idiot on this one. I would also agree that continually calling one of our own a c*** is way below the belt and should not be accepted. As someone pointed out can a mod be brought to task because on this occasion De Niro is out of order.
By the way you are still building your argument on paper talk despite your distrust of papers which is bizarre.

simon23 said:
Firstly Yaya is one of the most gifted footballers to ever play in a City shirt and I include the likes of Bell et al in that comment.

He has been pivotal in our recent success along with Kun, Silva, Zabba, Hart and Kompany.

He deserves his legend status with the above mentioned players and if the recent comments are true he has said nothing different to what all players and managers say when asked about the possibility of moving onto another club.

I don't expect him to stay past the summer and if he does leave he leaves with my thanks and huge appreciation for what he has done for us.

There is a group of fans that remain far far too precious about the club. They need to realise that like it or not, football has changed permanently from when the likes of Bell etc played. We will never ever see those times again. My Grandad who was a huge blue recognised that years ago and accepted it and right unto his death at the age of 95 he still maintained that the current crop of players were as good and better than the likes of Bell etc and he should know as he saw the lot

some people just need to accept the fact that football has changed whether they like it or not

a75887dec0f389941b7d08c4a7077412.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.