Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Kun Aguero said:
dobobobo said:
Kun Aguero said:
They were all after the Bayern game mate, where from where I was sitting in the ground he wasn't half as people on here were making out, wasn't there a stat that he covered more distance than Fernandinho in said match? yet people on here were saying Ferny done the job of 2 players.

Indeed there was a stat, but I asked for a stat on completed passes and tackles.

I am still waiting for that stat.

If I knew what to look for I would mate, as Inter me gran said I judge a player on the game(be it from watching down the pub, on a dodgy stream or at the match).

Me too :)

OB1 said:
de niro said:
i thought it was a great team performance, if however you are looking for someone who "ran the show" look no further than fernandinio.

Dinho was excellent very good today but still had almost twenty fewer touches of the ball than Yaya and didn't put the ball in the net.

Of course it was a team performance but Yaya was once again our most influential player.

Mr Aguero, will I'm sure, tell you that it is not all about putting the ball in the net in terms of players having great games.

Thought he was part of a great team performance today. Given the number of times he has possession I don't mind the odd mistake if he plays like that. Bossed it from start to finish in a way the likes of Scholes could only dream of.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
dobobobo said:
They'll never get it OB, he's been starting to purr over his last 3/4 games, a rest, both physically and mentally has done him the world of good, the dominance is almost back to the standard we expect!!!

The whole team ran the show today.

Not doubting the team performance, it was brilliant, however, to be singled out the way he has is ridiculous, not because he hasn't deserved the criticism, just it's been measured on his own high standards..... Said it 5/6 weeks ago, he'll still be the player that we'll need most when the chips are down and will deliver!!

Yup. If we win anything this season, he will be a major factor, yet again.

dobobobo said:
They'll never get it OB, he's been starting to purr over his last 3/4 games, a rest, both physically and mentally has done him the world of good, the dominance is almost back to the standard we expect!!!

Not doubting the team performance, it was brilliant, however, to be singled out the way he has is ridiculous, not because he hasn't deserved the criticism, just it's been measured on his own high standards..... Said it 5/6 weeks ago, he'll still be the player that we'll need most when the chips are down and will deliver!!

Where was he midweek? And where was Kun?

He's showing signs of regaining the threat going forward, though he can be too confident on the ball in deeper areas (an example today when his dallying forced Mangala to take one for the team) I thought he covered the ground well today also and defended better than usual.

Fernandinho was excellent also, looking like last season's performances.

J_Bow said:
He's showing signs of regaining the threat going forward, though he can be too confident on the ball in deeper areas (an example today when his dallying forced Mangala to take one for the team) I thought he covered the ground well today also and defended better than usual.

Fernandinho was excellent also, looking like last season's performances.

This^^^^^^^

dobobobo said:
dobobobo said:

And he wasn't on the pitch when Kun sealed the first title but he would not have got that opportunity if it had not been for Yaya in Geordieland the week before.

I think he's back to his old self, more or less. Pity about the ACON, but he usually finishes the season well too.

OB1 said:
dobobobo said:

And he wasn't on the pitch when Kun sealed the first title but he would not have got that opportunity if it had not been for Yaya in Geordieland the week before.

Correct. This is the reason why I spend so much time in this thread. He's done so much in the past but this season it's all disappeared.

Yes he scored with a great shot today but Southampton left him completely unmarked because they were too worried about Aguero.

Aguero continues to be a threat, but Yaya is no longer the threat he was. I'd like to so him back, but I'm getting tired of him daydreaming about PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.