Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

jord_theblue said:
Yaya was poor today. Touch was off, bottled challenges on a few occasions and didn't track runners well. Fernandinho gives me much more confidence going in to every away game. Yaya's lackadaisical approach when in centre midfield could cost us valuable points. Needs to play as the AM when were on the road.

Bit unfair about today, I think. I'm not a Yaya groupie, and have slagged him off myself, but he made some very good recovery runs today and was more active on the defensive side than normal. Thought he had a very tidy game today. Had a few decent opportunities, cleared most of their corners and commanded midfield. All in all, a job well done.

ChicagoBlue said:
jord_theblue said:
Yaya was poor today. Touch was off, bottled challenges on a few occasions and didn't track runners well. Fernandinho gives me much more confidence going in to every away game. Yaya's lackadaisical approach when in centre midfield could cost us valuable points. Needs to play as the AM when were on the road.

Bit unfair about today, I think. I'm not a Yaya groupie, and have slagged him off myself, but he made some very good recovery runs today and was more active on the defensive side than normal. Thought he had a very tidy game today. Had a few decent opportunities, cleared most of their corners and commanded midfield. All in all, a job well done.

They are talking rubbish. Toure had an alright game today as you say. He nearly scored a very good goal, but for a decent save from the Leicester keeper.

Just figured out we'll probably miss him for everton, arsenal and chelsea matches. Paired with strikers being injured or just coming back from injuries at same time, it doesn't look good at all. If we would be around chelsea at Februry 1st it would be bit of miracle.

Yaya was a rock today IMO love the way players just bounce off him, the guy is a fucking human tank, the way he just ghosted past 3 or 4 Leicester players was sublime, just a pity his shot wasn't great..
If our owner/Club doesn't give him a slice of the Vieira cake he was asking for at the end of his career I like many will be well peed off...

blueincy said:
Yaya was a rock today IMO love the way players just bounce off him, the guy is a fucking human tank, the way he just ghosted past 3 or 4 Leicester players was sublime, just a pity his shot wasn't great..
If our owner/Club doesn't give him a slice of the Vieira cake he was asking for at the end of his career I like many will be well peed off...

I won't, he's still a **** despite being back to his best.

dobobobo said:
blueincy said:

I won't, he's still a **** despite being back to his best.

Ok ok ok, he is back on form and I do not want to spoil anything, so perhaps I shouldn't have said the above.

Whilst he is back on form in my opinion, I shouldn't look for sly digs.

He gave me hope when he signed for the club that it was all for real.

Yaya still remains the player's name I have screamed the loudest when he scored that goal in the FA Cup.

Wether he goes in the next transfer window (unlikely) or the summer, I don't care either way - all I care about is what is best for the club. But it will take a lot for another player to beat me screaming Yaya's name in the middle of Gorse Hill in 2011. (When Kun scored what came out of my mouth was not understandable)

So, long may Yaya continue to do what he does best.

dobobobo said:
dobobobo said:
blueincy said:

I won't, he's still a c**t despite being back to his best.

Ok ok ok, he is back on form and I do not want to spoil anything, so perhaps I shouldn't have said the above.

Whilst he is back on form in my opinion, I shouldn't look for sly digs.

He gave me hope when he signed for the club that it was all for real.

Yaya still remains the player's name I have screamed the loudest when he scored that goal in the FA Cup.

Wether he goes in the next transfer window (unlikely) or the summer, I don't care either way - all I care about is what is best for the club. But it will take a lot for another player to beat me screaming Yaya's name in the middle of Gorse Hill in 2011. (When Kun scored what came out of my mouth was not understandable)

So, long may Yaya continue to do what he does best.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/features/2014/march/yaya-toure-50-part-1

Yaya did well yesterday. He gets a lot of criticism for not tracking back to defend and he showed that he could do that and also be a regular attacking threat. Pelle's right in that these are not 3 or 4 goal wins but at least we're keeping clean sheets and it's important to focus on defending in certain games.

bitsmith said:
Just figured out we'll probably miss him for everton, arsenal and chelsea matches. Paired with strikers being injured or just coming back from injuries at same time, it doesn't look good at all. If we would be around chelsea at Februry 1st it would be bit of miracle.

The togetherness of the squad means we can cope with the loss of any player..

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Yaya did well yesterday. He gets a lot of criticism for not tracking back to defend and he showed that he could do that and also be a regular attacking threat. Pelle's right in that these are not 3 or 4 goal wins but at least we're keeping clean sheets and it's important to focus on defending in certain games.

I think an important factor allowing Yaya to perform and grow back to his normal self is the fact he is not playing mid-week.

He has not played or traveled due to suspension v Bayern and Roma, giving him time to rest. I noticed in Oct/Nov when he was playing a lot more games he looked lethargic and tired (World Cup hangover included) so his suspension form Champs League is probably a little blessing for the Prem performance we are seeing...

I really can Yaya 'upping' his game when he is back from the AFCON, but then again, I can see Fernando/Dinho/Lamps playing a stormer in Jan/Feb while he is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.