Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Balti said:
Immense from the Captain

Yet again

What a goal
What a player

What a guy

Well I agree with 2 out of 3 of that list, but I still feel he acted very badly in the summer. I understand he had lost his brother at around that time, but he never should have allowed his agent to cause the division that he did, nor act like such a prima donna e.g. towards the City employee who tried to give him a b'day cake on the end-of-season flight (see youtube), where he just blanked her.

If he wanted to really show 'what a guy' he is, perhaps he should have resigned from International football to concentrate on helping the team that actually pays his massive wages. Had he done so, he would be available for these next few crucial matches, instead of swanning off to the tinpot ACONs.

I certainly do not hope he signs for another 2 years, in the summer we should go all out to get Pogba, an ideal long-term Yaya replacement with the added bonus of pi$$ing off our noisy neighbours too, if he were to come back to Manchester!

cleavers said:
Great as he is, the right time to replace him will be next summer imho, last chance of a decent fee, and he'll probably be past his best, having given his best years to City.
replace him ? with who ?
nobody around who's close to his ability, technique and brain for controlling
a game.

lastmanback said:
cleavers said:
Great as he is, the right time to replace him will be next summer imho, last chance of a decent fee, and he'll probably be past his best, having given his best years to City.
replace him ? with who ?
a game.
He needs replacing soon anyway due to his age. 32 next May, which means we have to look to the future. I think Koke is the best replacement for him.

Very good performance from the big man again today. After a slow start to the season he's definitely back to his best.

MeatHunterrr said:
lastmanback said:
cleavers said:
replace him ? with who ?
a game.
He needs replacing soon anyway due to his age. 32 next May, which means we have to look to the future. I think Koke is the best replacement for him.

Got another 3 years at the top in him.

lastmanback said:
cleavers said:
replace him ? with who ?
a game.
So he's the best in the world at what he does then ? Serious question, is he ?

He's the best in the PL at what he does, I agree, but he probably peaked last season for us, if we want to become the best in the world, then we need to replace our best players with better, and we need to do it whilst at their peak.

Its not my job to find the replacement, but I'm confident the club can and will, without FFP restrictions.

cleavers said:
lastmanback said:
cleavers said:
replace him ? with who ?
a game.
So he's the best in the world at what he does then ? Serious question, is he ?

He's the best in the PL at what he does, I agree, but he probably peaked last season for us, if we want to become the best in the world, then we need to replace our best players with better, and we need to do it whilst at their peak.

Its not my job to find the replacement, but I'm confident the club can and will, without FFP restrictions.
my point is there is no one around. people put forward names like pogba, Vidal , koke etc they are no where near as Good.
we could easy hang on to him for at least another year or two.
get this (someone better) first, then let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.