Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

What are Ivory Coasts chances in the AFCON?

Has anyone any idea when we're likely to have him back at the earliest?

We're not really here said:
Quite simply one of the best players in the world and the best in the prem throughout 2014 by a country mile. Pogba may we'll be a long term replacement but he is nowhere near Yaya yet.
Agreed.
I am not sure there is another midfielder as offensively strong as Yaya with the same range of passing and ball retention.
Yaya owes it to Mancini for transforming him from defensive midfield to (on his day) one of the very best attacking midfield around.
Will leave a massive hole if and when he goes...

Burtonblue said:
Quite simply one of the best players in the world and the best in the prem throughout 2014 by a country mile. Pogba may we'll be a long term replacement but he is nowhere near Yaya yet.
Agreed.
I am not sure there is another midfielder as offensively strong as Yaya with the same range of passing and ball retention.
Yaya owes it to Mancini for transforming him from defensive midfield to (on his day) one of the very best attacking midfield around.
"Massive"?

HomerSuspicious.gif

jimharri said:
Burtonblue said:
Agreed.
"Massive"?

HomerSuspicious.gif

Hahahaha! You never fail with your GIFs. :)

chris85mcfc said:

They changed their coach after a disappointing World Cup and Drogba has retired from the national team as well. Their new coach has won the AFCON with Zambia (beating the Ivory Coast in the 2012 final). They are one of the favourites and are expected to go all the way (5 weeks).

uwe rosler 28 said:
Gonna be a massive loss for us! He's irreplaceable! Also for people suggesting he should play further forward must not be watching how he dictates games playing in a 2 man central midfield!

Key to this is the fact that he hardly EVER gives the ball away. I haven't checked but I think he had a 100% pass completion rate yesterday. And on the very rare occasions he does lose the ball, he battles his socks off to get it back.

Ray78 said:
chris85mcfc said:

They changed their coach after a disappointing World Cup and Drogba has retired from the national team as well. Their new coach has won the AFCON with Zambia (beating the Ivory Coast in the 2012 final). They are one of the favourites and are expected to go all the way.

typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.