Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
It makes me laugh when fans are so loyal to Yaya but don't see that at the first chance he gets (whenever he has a break from the team) he's throwing questions out over his future at City.....do we really believe that if PSG came calling in the summer, offering to match the salary City are giving him, that he will stay loyal to us and stick with the team???....you got to be kidding me, the guy would jump on that plane even before the ink was dry on his new contract...The argument really isn't about if/when we should sell him.......its all about timing! City need a younger replacement and that is not open for discussion......if we hold onto Yaya 1year too long, he going to loose all his value on the transfer market.....its about selling before he gets one year to old and I think "last" summer was the best time to get the most out of a transfer and use that money to find a replacement....at 31/32 years old I really don't believe we will now get true market value for one of the worlds best midfielders and his value is going to just keep dropping..

Why would you sell your best player

....because at 31/32 he is not going to be our best player for much longer and as a team we need to get younger.....its not about just winning the league this season.....its about being at the top for the next 5,10 years.....at present, if Yaya goes in the summer....we have no one and will need to panic buy to find a replacement and if we keep him until the summer of 2016 or longer......we'll be lucky to get 10mil for him (someone not going to pay 25-30mil for a 33/34 year old...even if that person is Yaya)...just think it makes "long term" business sense while his value is still high....

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
It makes me laugh when fans are so loyal to Yaya but don't see that at the first chance he gets (whenever he has a break from the team) he's throwing questions out over his future at City.....do we really believe that if PSG came calling in the summer, offering to match the salary City are giving him, that he will stay loyal to us and stick with the team???....you got to be kidding me, the guy would jump on that plane even before the ink was dry on his new contract...The argument really isn't about if/when we should sell him.......its all about timing! City need a younger replacement and that is not open for discussion......if we hold onto Yaya 1year too long, he going to loose all his value on the transfer market.....its about selling before he gets one year to old and I think "last" summer was the best time to get the most out of a transfer and use that money to find a replacement....at 31/32 years old I really don't believe we will now get true market value for one of the worlds best midfielders and his value is going to just keep dropping..

....because at 31/32 he is not going to be our best player for much longer and as a team we need to get younger.....its not about just winning the league this season.....its about being at the top for the next 5,10 years.....at present, if Yaya goes in the summer....we have no one and will need to panic buy to find a replacement and if we keep him until the summer of 2016 or longer......we'll be lucky to get 10mil for him (someone going to pay 25-30mil for a 33/34 year old...even if that person is Yaya)...just think it makes "long term" business sense while his value is still high....

Money has nothing to do with it you do not sell your best player unless you have the replacement already lined up

grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
grim up north said:

....because at 31/32 he is not going to be our best player for much longer and as a team we need to get younger.....its not about just winning the league this season.....its about being at the top for the next 5,10 years.....at present, if Yaya goes in the summer....we have no one and will need to panic buy to find a replacement and if we keep him until the summer of 2016 or longer......we'll be lucky to get 10mil for him (someone going to pay 25-30mil for a 33/34 year old...even if that person is Yaya)...just think it makes "long term" business sense while his value is still high....

Money has nothing to do with it you do not sell your best player unless you have the replacement already lined up

apart from everything else.....He clearly is not a "blue" at heart......you NEVER hear Kompany, Zab or Aguero wanting a move......I honestly believe they bleed blue......Yaya just seems to bemore interested in whats in it for him.......before anything else, which is why I believe he would leave at his first chance and why he says the things he does to the media... I do agree, he is one of the best midfielders in the world but have already seen a decline from last season.....even the manger of his national team is asking him to step up......

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

apart from everything else.....He clearly is not a "blue" at hear......you NEVER hear Kompany, Zab or Aguero wanting a move......I honestly believe they bleed blue......Yaya just seems to bemore interested in whats in it for him.......before anything else! I do agree, he is one of the best midfielders in the world but have already seen a decline from last season.....even the manger of his national team is asking him to step up......

He is a footballer doing a job he doesn't have to bleed anything as long as he is performing to the standard acceptable

grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
grim up north said:

apart from everything else.....He clearly is not a "blue" at hear......you NEVER hear Kompany, Zab or Aguero wanting a move......I honestly believe they bleed blue......Yaya just seems to bemore interested in whats in it for him.......before anything else! I do agree, he is one of the best midfielders in the world but have already seen a decline from last season.....even the manger of his national team is asking him to step up......

He is a footballer doing a job he doesn't have to bleed anything as long as he is performing to the standard acceptable

I understand that.....just like any of us I guess.....new job, more money, sunny weather...we always going to take it!;) Just think if the owners have any interest in having a good solid long term business plan for this team (which at the end of the day it is a business) then getting value for Yaya(while we can) and using the money for a world class replacement makes a lot of sense......thanks for your comments mate...

While people questioning what color he bleeds we're dropping points and getting knock out of cups.

nasir6371 said:
While people questioning what color he bleeds we're dropping points and getting knock out of cups.
Spot on. Oh, and he doesn't chase back enough either. Big, lazy **** he is.

I fucking despair at the comments by some of our fans about a player who has been instrumental in what we've achieved over the last few years.

nasir6371 said:

fair comment mate......after todays performance...Yaya is the least of our worries.......

I've had my location for over a year now never been more apt.

Ivory Coast losing. If they go out at the group stage could they make it back for Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.