Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaelumstash said:
Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:
This is the inevitable conclusion once you take away sentiment from the calculation. Well spoken sir.
I am a Yaya loyalist, yet I was pushing for him to be sold and Replaced by Fabregas.

It's absolutely astonishing that Fabregas went to Chelsea for £25m and no one else was in for him. Just can't get my head around it, he's in the top 5 or 6 centre mids in PL history and he's 27!

If the rumours are true that we paid £40m for Managala and £12m for Fernando, that's £52m. We could have had Fabregas and had £27m left to buy a centre back. That's a monumental fuck up, I actually think Mangala will come good, but he'll never be worth £40m. I don't think Fernando will, he's our worst buy since Hughes was in charge.

It's a case of be careful what you wish for with Yaya. In the summer I was thinking it might not be the end of the world if we sold him for big money and re structured the squad. But seeing how important he is to us this season through his absence, it will take a complete overhaul to deal with his loss.
Our summer was terrible. There is no doubt in my mind that we corked it up royally. And I often get comments from those I call "Club Decision Loyalists"" who mistake championing anything the club does, for supporting the club. I clearly don't fall in that category.
I thought we should have put in an attempt to sell Yaya. Not for the same reason most have, ( i.e he is a ****) no, this decisions shouldn't be emotional. I just simply think he is old and has at most 2 years left (well 1 year since we kept him). Fortunately for us Barcelona decided to purge 2 fantastic players at the same time. Sell Yaya, and replays him with Fabregas and Sanchez, and we would have had 20 million left to buy an English backup goalie, and backup CB.

Dax777 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Dax777 said:
I am a Yaya loyalist, yet I was pushing for him to be sold and Replaced by Fabregas.

It's absolutely astonishing that Fabregas went to Chelsea for £25m and no one else was in for him. Just can't get my head around it, he's in the top 5 or 6 centre mids in PL history and he's 27!

If the rumours are true that we paid £40m for Managala and £12m for Fernando, that's £52m. We could have had Fabregas and had £27m left to buy a centre back. That's a monumental fuck up, I actually think Mangala will come good, but he'll never be worth £40m. I don't think Fernando will, he's our worst buy since Hughes was in charge.

It's a case of be careful what you wish for with Yaya. In the summer I was thinking it might not be the end of the world if we sold him for big money and re structured the squad. But seeing how important he is to us this season through his absence, it will take a complete overhaul to deal with his loss.
Our summer was terrible. There is no doubt in my mind that we corked it up royally. And I often get comments from those I call "Club Decision Loyalists"" who mistake championing anything the club does, for supporting the club. I clearly don't fall in that category.
I thought we should have put in an attempt to sell Yaya. Not for the same reason most have, ( i.e he is a c**t) no, this decisions shouldn't be emotional. I just simply think he is old and has at most 2 years left (well 1 year since we kept him). Fortunately for us Barcelona decided to purge 2 fantastic players at the same time. Sell Yaya, and replays him with Fabregas and Sanchez, and we would have had 20 million left to buy an English backup goalie, and backup CB.

I'm sure you would do a much better job than the club hierarchy on FIFA 15

BLUE THUNDER said:
couldn't agree more, he is 31 not 41,he has 3 good years minimum left in him and we need to milk it as much as we can. We are talking about one of the best midfielders in the world who scores bags of goals, in big games, and when we need them!. Would we have dropped points against Everton and Arse with him in the team. I don't think so. Go find a replacement for the 20 mil you think we should sell him for.
He's going knowhere until contract ends!
That's just delusional. He is already a weaker version of himself. He is not the player he was 2 years ago. There are no more game crushing runs. Sure he has adjusted his game a bit, but he is not the player he once was. Maybe the difference is minuscule now, but in 2 years he would be vastly different from who we had 2 years ago. And the value was at 25 -30 million last summer, considering the amazing season he had. Next summer it would be 7 -12 million, because he wouldn't have as good of a scoring season and he'd be a year older. Again the failure to sell Yaya this season and replace him with a capable if not superior player was a cork up.

grim up north said:
Dax777 said:
Shaelumstash said:

I thought we should have put in an attempt to sell Yaya. Not for the same reason most have, ( i.e he is a c**t) no, this decisions shouldn't be emotional. I just simply think he is old and has at most 2 years left (well 1 year since we kept him). Fortunately for us Barcelona decided to purge 2 fantastic players at the same time. Sell Yaya, and replays him with Fabregas and Sanchez, and we would have had 20 million left to buy an English backup goalie, and backup CB.

As a default retort to any fan questioning our clubs transfer policy this one in particular is getting quite boring. Could have been a very fine line between keeping him or pushing for Fabregas. Dax's very suggestion could have been giving Txiki sleepless nights for all we know.

adrianr said:
grim up north said:
Dax777 said:

As a default retort to any fan questioning our clubs transfer policy this one in particular is getting quite boring. Could have been a very fine line between keeping him or pushing for Fabregas. Dax's very suggestion could have been giving Txiki sleepless nights for all we know.

I'm sure it did make Txiki think , but it's also completely possible he made contact with both players and was told they wouldn't consider Manchester. It's easy for fans to play fantasy transfers, we all do it I've done mine for the summer. But in real life transfer policy is much more complex with lots of individual preferences and thinking 2 or 3 windows ahead playing a part.

adrianr said:
grim up north said:
Dax777 said:

I'm sure it is boring but not quite as boring as the fan who has the detailed insight as to why our hierarchy are doing
things wrong in the transfer market, or is it just their delusional opinions

blueparrot said:
adrianr said:
grim up north said:

I'm sure it did make Txiki think , but it's also completely possible he made contact with both players and was told they wouldn't consider Manchester. It's easy for fans to play fantasy transfers, we all do it I've done mine for the summer. But in real life transfer policy is much more complex with lots of individual preferences and thinking 2 or 3 windows ahead playing a part.

You're absolutely right, and that's it in a nutshell. There's so many things that go into the transfer of a player we can't possibly know, so why use the same criteria to judge different situations? For the information Dax (likely) has at hand, he's well within reason to suggest we should have shunted Yaya for Fabregas. Of course anyone is well within reason to call him a ****, but what's the point? It's a fair enough suggestion. Why not offer up a reasonable counter argument, like perhaps Pellegrini was concerned with Fabregas' performances in the big games, a concern he doesn't habour with Yaya?

Beats the shit out of "LALALALA CLUB KNOWS BEST FIFA13".

adrianr said:
blueparrot said:
adrianr said:

You're absolutely right, and that's it in a nutshell. There's so many things that go into the transfer of a player we can't possibly know, so why use the same criteria to judge different situations? For the information Dax (likely) has at hand, he's well within reason to suggest we should have shunted Yaya for Fabregas. Of course anyone is well within reason to call him a c**t, but what's the point? It's a fair enough suggestion. Why not offer up a reasonable counter argument, like perhaps Pellegrini was concerned with Fabregas' performances in the big games, a concern he doesn't habour with Yaya?

Beats the shit out of "LALALALA CLUB KNOWS BEST FIFA13".

Think I will go with clubs knows best lalala

It makes me laugh when fans are so loyal to Yaya but don't see that at the first chance he gets (whenever he has a break from the team) he's throwing questions out over his future at City.....do we really believe that if PSG came calling in the summer, offering to match the salary City are giving him, that he will stay loyal to us and stick with the team???....you got to be kidding me, the guy would jump on that plane even before the ink was dry on his new contract...The argument really isn't about if/when we should sell him.......its all about timing! City need a younger replacement and that is not open for discussion......if we hold onto Yaya 1year too long, he going to loose all his value on the transfer market.....its about selling before he gets one year to old and I think "last" summer was the best time to get the most out of a transfer and use that money to find a replacement....at 31/32 years old I really don't believe we will now get true market value for one of the worlds best midfielders and his value is going to just keep dropping..

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
It makes me laugh when fans are so loyal to Yaya but don't see that at the first chance he gets (whenever he has a break from the team) he's throwing questions out over his future at City.....do we really believe that if PSG came calling in the summer, offering to match the salary City are giving him, that he will stay loyal to us and stick with the team???....you got to be kidding me, the guy would jump on that plane even before the ink was dry on his new contract...The argument really isn't about if/when we should sell him.......its all about timing! City need a younger replacement and that is not open for discussion......if we hold onto Yaya 1year too long, he going to loose all his value on the transfer market.....its about selling before he gets one year to old and I think "last" summer was the best time to get the most out of a transfer and use that money to find a replacement....at 31/32 years old I really don't believe we will now get true market value for one of the worlds best midfielders and his value is going to just keep dropping..

Why would you sell your best player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.