Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

In hindsight I should have not called the OP a knob and I apologise but it really irritates me that people cannot see what is blindingly obvious. Maya would be one if not THE first name on the teamshhet!

Silva_Spell said:
Eccles Blue said:
i♥city! said:
Nah, Nando would have been left out of the team set up. Dinho would sit deep while Yaya would constantly break through the blue wall of china.

Only if he was in the mood and I want a player who is in the mood for EVERY match not just when he feels like it. Sorry, although I think Ya Ya is a good player I don't think he is a great player. Great players play every game not just the ones they feel like playing in!

Yaya is one of the best players in the world and of his generation.

He almost single handedly won us the title last season and not many players can ever say that, esp. not a central midfielder.

He's good I grant you, but he aint that good. We won the league as a team, not because of Yaya.

blueinsa said:
I'm no cynic said:
pavelsrnicek said:
If Yaya is going to be with us for another couple of seasons it may not be the worst thing if Ivory Coast win the ACON. If they do I bet Yaya will retire from international football.
He might be too old for the next ACON anyway.

The way he was blowing last night in a game with less pace than a group of 50 year olds playing walking football says you could well be right.

Current temperature at that stadium is 90 degrees. According to the met office it feels like 105 degrees. Think quite a few players might have been blowing in that. Let's hope Algeria live up to their favourites tag and he can get back and push us on once again.

Yaya Toure - the best and worst player ee have rolled into one.

When you're on top and the dominant team in games Yaya is the best player in world football. He controls the tempo, he scores goals, he retains possession with ease and he is capable of playing passes most players can't even see let alone have the talent to execute...

But when things aren't going as well, playing against the top or even middle of the road European teams like CSKA (home) who know how to retain possession he becomes a liability, he hasn't got the heart for the battle or the physical attributes to allow the team as a whole to play a pressing style.

I think watching Bayern Munich out of possession last season shows us the direction we need to go in if we want to progress as a "team", the pressing and work rate of everyone including Robben and Ribery was a joy to watch (or would have been if it wasn't against us). That style is impossible with Yaya, now lets add the birthday cake saga and him accusing the club of lying and forcing him to go to Abu Dhabi instead of seeing his sick brother and for me he doesn't have a place at City after this season.

First name on the team sheet alongside Silva, Kun and Vinny, that's where. Although he is a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.