Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched a lot of the ACN and the Ivory coast, but from what I have seen... fuckin hell Yaya looks poor! Is he injured? Has something happened? He looks like he's ready to throw in the towel and go home. Permanently. No passion what so ever. I thought he loved playing for his national side.

Though the overall quality of the football is abysmal I'd have to say, but that should work to Yaya's advantage I'd think.

moggymoz said:
Only watching hoping Ivory Cost get beat... But my god this is shite.
Why bother? Bony/Toure will only miss the Hull game now so we might as well just hope they come back on a high.

Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

ZZmaestro said:
Eccles Blue said:
i♥city! said:
Nah, Nando would have been left out of the team set up. Dinho would sit deep while Yaya would constantly break through the blue wall of china.

Only if he was in the mood and I want a player who is in the mood for EVERY match not just when he feels like it. Sorry, although I think Ya Ya is a good player I don't think he is a great player. Great players play every game not just the ones they feel like playing in!

You are so wrong. Yaya is not a "good" player, he is a GOD of a player.
And deep inside you, you know it very well.
He is the ultimate big match winner.
Look how weak we are without him, even with Merlin on the pitch.
The sooner he comes back in the squad, the quickest will we start to rampage the league.

No I do not, I know deep and shallow in my heart that Ya Ya turns up when HE feels like it. Yes he may be a good player but he will NEVER be the great player until he overcomes that tendency. And how are we weak without him? He was with us until just after Christmas and we haven't 'rampaged the league' yet!! We are neither weak nor better without him. We are just Manchester City and we play as a TEAM and, as I have said many times over the seasons, no one person wins or loses us games. We are a TEAM.

Always seems a little strange to me just why Yaya is so lazy defensively.

He had a great defensive ethic in his Barcelona days, what prompted him to make the conscious decision to shift those duties to the back of his mind when playing for us?

Look up 'big game player' in the dictionary, and you get a picture of Yaya Toure. How to accommodate our most important player? Only plays well against weak teams? Strange thread.

leech said:
moggymoz said:
Only watching hoping Ivory Cost get beat... But my god this is shite.
Why bother? Bony/Toure will only miss the Hull game now so we might as well just hope they come back on a high.

And Stoke away which is a massive game for us considering the January we've just had. The final is Sunday evening. The 3rd place play off is Saturday evening. They won't be considered for selection especially if they win it on Sunday.

There is also likely to be a reception back in the Ivory Coast for their players which they will be obligated to attend. FIFA rules state that a player doesn't become a club player until again until 2 days after the countries participation in a competition has ended

bloody hell, what an absolute rocket he scored against Congo, flippin heck

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyyXh_UEFC0[/video]

Wish yaya and bony could return back a bit sooner but this ACON takes the piss. I think it shows how much weve missed yaya this month in the fact that we havent won a game! Imo he's our most important overall player and hearing that he'll miss stoke away as well just fills you up with more confidence!

However great goals for his country so far.

middleton___blue said:
Wish yaya and bony could return back a bit sooner but this ACON takes the piss. I think it shows how much weve missed yaya this month in the fact that we havent won a game! Imo he's our most important overall player and hearing that he'll miss stoke away as well just fills you up with more confidence!

Yaya was going berserk with his goal celebration. I wish he would show an equal amount of passion when he scores for us.

I'm no cynic said:
middleton___blue said:

Yaya was going berserk with his goal celebration. I wish he would show an equal amount of passion when he scores for us.
I think it was relief. Considering he is the current African player of year, he has had a very poor tournament so far, he seems to have really struggled with the heat. He has generally been a shadow of the player who was so effective for us last year. Hopefully he will come back in much better shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.