Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

To be at our best we need to play at least 2 of Yaya, Silva and Nasri.We're a bit one dimensional if one of them has to do all the creativity. Not sure it matters too much which 2, but Yaya definitely gives us something different.

TrueBlue1705 said:
On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....
Fernando was not excellent and Yaya will just take his place.

Since Villa away Yaya has pretty much been our best player. He's scoring goals again and being dominant in midfield (after his usual, not match fit but the manager plays him in a midfield two anyway, start to the season).

TrueBlue1705 said:
OB1 said:
Is this some kind of joke thread?

why you think its a joke ... He's a player who great going forward but defensively he's lacking .... Lets get to the nitty gritty as well, he's been a complete tw*t and shown a lack of respect to the club .... Now I've been a City fan for 40+ years but I do intend to be up any players arse just because he did well for us last season .... At times he's a f*cking lazy b*stard. I'm at nearly every home game, a few away games and the rest I never miss on the TV and I've seen many times his seemingly can't be ar*sed attitude ..... If you can tell me he's a players who sprints forward and sprints even harder to get back, works tirelessly for the team when we lose the ball, isn't a prima donna and behaves impeccably when he talks about our club then I'd agree you with you ...... he's pretty piss poor at times when we're defending set pieces as well - some brilliant things he's done seem to mean he's exempt from any kind of criticism ....

I thought the two Ferns were brilliant today - no egos there and just did it for the team .... Also vs Roma we were very again ....

I think you have raised some valid points in your post, so to get called a knob without any arguments to your points shows what you are up against in this forum. Too many "supporters" hang on to yesteryear far too long in the belief the said player is still performing as he did when the reality is, they arn't, but because he did this and he did that, he is exempt from any criticsm. Dip in form I can accept, but when he has one of his dummy out of the pram moments, it shouldn't be tolerated, although many on here still find that acceptable.

On his day and in the right mindset, Yaya is a great player to have in a blue shirt. I'm with you in the deficiencies he shows are brushed under the carpet because of what he has previously done. We only need to go back to earlier this season when there were many after his blood because he didn't seemed interested.

Manchester_lalala said:
We need to get yaya back as quick as possible. No yaya, no trophies. If you look at every trophy we've won since 2011, he's contributed to the most key moments out of any other city player.

Yu don't buy into this team thingy then?

I think Yaya would have had a field day out there against Chelsea. Lots of possession, not a great deal of defensive work needed, lots of play in the 10 yards outside the opposition penalty area. Would have suited him (and Nasri) down to the ground I believe.

Johnsonontheleft said:
jpargo said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
No he isn't. Silva is.

IMO Yaya is the most unique and biggest overall contributor to the team.

Curious how you come to Silva being the most important player. Yaya is most dependable player as he is rarely injured and plays almost all the minutes. He covers the most ground every game. Links the defense and attack. Makes the most passes on the team and league + highest accuracy. Last year he tied Silva with most assists on the team. He is the most clinical finisher on the team. He lead the team in scoring last year. He comes through in most important moments.

So basically he does things off the ball, on ball the ball, contributes in all aspects of the game, and including in the finished product. He does everything, most at very high level.

I'm not saying Yaya isn't an exceptional player, but Silva is more important. We are not the same team without Silva in the side and you can't say that about Yaya, despite the many moments of brilliance he produces.

Anyone who has played football at a decent level and who watches City week in week out knows that Silva is our most important player.

Mate I have played and coached in the pro game. Yaya glues us together, Silva although incredible cannot do this. Watch how many goals we score started by Yaya, watch how many times he prompts us with a forward pass. The man is one of our greatest ever players.

If Yaya is fit he plays.

We have missed him and if he really was rested against Burnley as he indicated, it was a stupid decision.

Astley Lad said:
I think Yaya would have had a field day out there against Chelsea. Lots of possession, not a great deal of defensive work needed, lots of play in the 10 yards outside the opposition penalty area. Would have suited him (and Nasri) down to the ground I believe.

Not sure about that as someone would have been missing to make way for Yaya, probably Dino, therefore Yaya would not have had the space that we saw available yesterday and he would have had to take on defensive responsibilities.

mosssideblue said:
Astley Lad said:

Not sure about that as someone would have been missing to make way for Yaya, probably Dino, therefore Yaya would not have had the space that we saw available yesterday and he would have had to take on defensive responsibilities.

Nah, Nando would have been left out of the team set up. Dinho would sit deep while Yaya would constantly break through the blue wall of china.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.