Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest ever player to put on a City shirt. Bet the cunts who were slagging him off at the start of the season are looking like mugs now.

We were fine without Silva, fine without Kun. One month without Yaya and our season falls apart.

If Yaya played further forward since a young age I think he'd be remembered in the same breath as greats like Zidane. The amount of world class goals he's scored in a few seasons with us would be tenfold if he had.

Bored of commenting on Yaya but suffice to say it will be interesting to see what happens when he returns to the team. The consistent failure to win without him is so far providing compelling evidence that some of our supporters have underestimated his importance. I usually call him the hub of the team but may have to amend that to the heart of the side.

OB1 said:
Bored of commenting on Yaya but suffice to say it will be interesting to see what happens when he returns to the team. The consistent failure to win without him is so far providing compelling evidence that some of our supporters have underestimated his importance. I usually call him the hub of the team but may have to amend that to the heart of the side.
I often have the impression that some players up their games when playing with him because they don't want to disappoint him. I have no evidence for this, but it's the feeling I get when I see how they play with him versus without.

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
I often have the impression that some players up their games when playing with him because they don't want to disappoint him. I have no evidence for this, but it's the feeling I get when I see how they play with him versus without.

That could be. I am certain he makes other players perform better with what he brings to the side technically. I also think he has the force of personality that influences games and brings those around him with him. There must also be a reason why he takes the armband when Vinnie is not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.