Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: YAYA welcome back

aguero93:20 said:
Blue Mooner said:
I've met him twice and have no complaints about either occasion, perfect gentleman both times, it's his agents behaviour towards the club every transfer window and international break that makes his agent a c**t.

Edited for accuracy

He's responsible for his agent's actions mate.

You really believe that

grim up north said:
Blue Mooner said:
Edited for accuracy

You really believe that

Yes, I do, you hire an agent to act on your behalf, you fire them if you're unhappy with how they represent you, Yaya has backed his agent's behaviour by continuing to employ him, so Yaya is responsible.

Bentheblue said:
According to Simon Mullock in the on line Mirror Ya Ya Toure is ready to commit to Manchester City for life as he eyes director of football role.

"The City talisman's agent has said his client would like to move upstairs at the Etihad when he hangs up his playing boots
According to the Ivory Coast star’s agent, the powerhouse midfielder would love to finish his playing career at the Etihad – before moving upstairs to become the club’s director of football.

Monaco-based Dimitri Seluk will be in Manchester this week to watch City face Barcelona in the Champions League – a game Toure will miss through suspension.

And, in an exclusive interview with Sunday Mirror Sport, he has outlined a grand plan for that would see Toure continue as City’s main man on the pitch before becoming a driving force in the boardroom.

Seluk said: “Yaya loves Manchester City and, despite what is sometimes said, he is happy at the club.

“In fact, he would like to stay for life. He would love nothing better than to finish his playing career with City and then work for the club after that.

“That’s why I want City to give Yaya a new contract, to show him that they want him to be part of the future.

“It is not about money. It is about keeping Yaya at the club until his playing days are over and showing the club’s best player that he is respected and loved.

“When he stops playing, then Yaya could have an executive role, perhaps as sporting director.

“Think about it. He has played in Belgium, Ukraine, Greece, France, Spain and England.

“He has won championships with Olympiakos, Barcelona and Manchester City. He has won the Champions League and the African Cup of Nations.

“He knows world football. The only market that City want to buy players from at the moment is Spain.”

Seluk added: “City can become a great club in the future if they forget about this crazy plan about becoming the next Barcelona. City have two Spanish executives (sporting director Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano).

“They came from Barca and now they are obsessed with turning City into the club they left. That is not only impossible, it is foolish. There can only ever be one Barcelona.

“City should be looking to establish their own identity, not dream about becoming Barca Mark II.

“And, in my opinion, I think someone with Yaya’s experience can do that.”

Toure has made noises that have suggested he is becoming unsettled with life in Manchester after almost five years at the Etihad.

And former City boss Roberto Mancini has suggested that the 31-year-old could be Inter Milan-bound in the summer. But Seluk said: “Sheikh Mansour wouldn’t sell Yaya – not even for £250million."

So he wants cake, a transfer, a new contract and now wants to sack txiki and Soriano off and run the club. What is his agent smoking? Never fails to amuse me, he's full of shit.

grim up north said:

You really believe that

Yes, I do, you hire an agent to act on your behalf, you fire them if you're unhappy with how they represent you, Yaya has backed his agent's behaviour by continuing to employ him, so Yaya is responsible.

Yaya has publicly come out and said he backs his agent

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318</a>

"Everything Dimitri said is true. He speaks for me. I will explain after the World Cup."

Just his agent doing the groundwork. If we offer him a new contract it's a win for team ya ya, and if we don't he has a ready made excuse to kick off in the summer

I don't see us selling him, unless he comes to the club and asks to leave. He is simply far too important for us too let him go.

I know that we have to eventually sell him and some on here have the idea of selling him to PSG or something and buying Pogba but I disagree. I don't know the ins and outs of our budgets etc but in an ideal world we should be getting Pogba and putting him next to Yaya, a real statement of intent.

His importance to the team is shown almost every time he doesn't play and as much as we should be able to play without X, Y and Z. Sometimes you really do need them players to make the difference despite the rest of the players we have.

Just extend his contract asap on the understanding the shitty comments and agent chat stops instantly!

richards30 said:
Just extend his contract asap on the understanding the shitty comments and agent chat stops instantly!
Don't understand why City should extend his contract? Just because his agent wants some agents fee? Yaya has contract until 2017 and when that runs out he is 34 years old. So the contract he has currently is about right considering his age.

MeatHunterrr said:
richards30 said:
Don't understand why City should extend his contract? Just because his agent wants some agents fee? Yaya has contract until 2017 and when that runs out he is 34 years old. So the contract he has currently is about right considering his age.
Exactly! His agent knows we probably won't extend his contract, so come summer he can whip up another shitstorm

Extend his contract by a year then go all out to sign busquets in the summer these 2 in midfield would be awesome! Do a deal with juve to take pogba in a year or 2! The guy is immense at controlling games and his range of passing is on another level to anyone at the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.