Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Capable of winning games, trophies and arguably last season's title almost on his own, but also capable of disappearing in games. Last night he played well in the first half (I thought) but for the last 30 minute was a passenger and I hate the way we always accommodate him by pushing him forward and bringing in a replacement midfielder, its just a convenient way to hide him which occasionally works but not last night. The question is why does he NEVER get subbed, does he have a clause in his contract saying he plays 90 mins unless injured (can't really believe this but who knows)

Can't help but thinking we should have sold him, never keep and unhappy play and all that. He will never come close to last seasons scoring total or assists, and his value will never be as high as it just was. And when he doesn't play well he tends to drag the team down because he is so influential.

bellsouth said:
Capable of winning games, trophies and arguably last season's title almost on his own, but also capable of disappearing in games. Last night he played well in the first half (I thought) but for the last 30 minute was a passenger and I hate the way we always accommodate him by pushing him forward and bringing in a replacement midfielder, its just a convenient way to hide him which occasionally works but not last night. The question is why does he NEVER get subbed, does he have a clause in his contract saying he plays 90 mins unless injured (can't really believe this but who knows)

It was absolutely ridiculous he didn't get subbed last night. Deserves an explanation

big fan of pelle but he has his work cut out for him with yaya

being hauled off last night would have been a big statement to not only yaya but to other players.

that was most disgraceful 'performance' I have seen by any city player attitude wise

thats what you get keeping an unhappy player.. he clearly wanted the move but we didn't agree on that and this is the result.

The only 2 reasons why IMO he wasn't taken off last night was first his height was needed at set pieces and because Pellegrini wasn't in the dugout.

If Pellegrini was in the dugout i would have thought he would have been dragged off.

Loved Yaya for what he as done for the club but it's now looking as though we should have cut our losses in the summer.

Absolute waster, the lard arse can leave. He's done wonders for us, what's the point in tainting it? He should put in 100% until the summer and then leave.

Contrast his attitude to Joe, Vinny, Sagna, and Fernandinho. Thought those four were exceptional last night. If Toure's not arsed anymore he can fuckoff. There's good pro's like Milner that will come in and do a better job, although can't wait for Fernando to get fit again.

Did anyone see stats about how much ground each player covered? Saw the team stat but not individual players - would love to know (goes off to google it!).

Blue Smarties said:
Absolute waster, the lard arse can leave. He's done wonders for us, what's the point in tainting it? He should put in 100% until the summer and then leave.

I'd have him out in January if we could! I would have rather played sinclair last night than have him on the pitch! And that's as bad as it gets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.