Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
There were a few who were handed stick for suggesting we got rid because of his antics this summer, even if it was also qualified by his age and probably hitting his peak, allied to his value in the market.

Sure, he'll have a great game again and all will be forgotten, but he's the longer term problem, and we need to learn to renew this City team without him.

Delaying the inevitable.

If he was open to it, I would offer him to Juventus in January for Vidal or Pogba.

I think being CL cup tied makes that a bit of a non starter. But I agree he should've got flogged in the summer and will get flogged next summer. Don't see Pellegrini/Txiki putting up with performances like that when it's their jobs he puts on the line by deciding to play at 50% in the CL.

Stortz said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Stortz said:
You can normally tell within the first five minutes if ya ya can be arsed or not, and if he can't it's generally ends up being a bad day all round for us, it's even worse when hes captain it just spreads through the whole team. I love ya ya and what he's done for us but after last I wish we had sold him and gone and got Barkley. Everyone saying he's not in the same class as ya ya are obviously correct but at least he would have put some effort in unlike ya ya last night. And as for sagna well, utter dogshit!

I don't think that's fair. Defensively he did his job well (certainly compared to Clichy, who was all over the place against Muller and then Robben). Yes his forward play was disappointing but in terms of being a backup right-back I think he's a decent addition to the squad.
Fair do's pal but what I've seen of him so far he's been cack, never rated him at arsenal either
I actually hated him when he was at Arsenal, always seemed like e cock (remember when he squared up to Zaba when all Zaba did was firmly and fairly tackle him?). But ability wise i think he's been poor compared to his old self for about three years.

Did okay defensively last night but was shite with the ball.

I agree that Sagna did well defensively but was crap with the ball. Bit unfair to say he had a shocker IMO. Clearly still settling

KippaxCitizen said:
Stortz said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
I don't think that's fair. Defensively he did his job well (certainly compared to Clichy, who was all over the place against Muller and then Robben). Yes his forward play was disappointing but in terms of being a backup right-back I think he's a decent addition to the squad.
Fair do's pal but what I've seen of him so far he's been cack, never rated him at arsenal either
I actually hated him when he was at Arsenal, always seemed like e cock (remember when he squared up to Zaba when all Zaba did was firmly and fairly tackle him?). But ability wise i think he's been poor compared to his old self for about three years.

Did okay defensively last night but was shite with the ball.

Sagna defended well but when under pressure up the field just walked the ball into touch a number of times. Yaya was a passenger for 35 minutes, I blame the management for not being able to see it, should have been replaced

tolmie's hairdoo said:
There were a few who were handed stick for suggesting we got rid because of his antics this summer, even if it was also qualified by his age and probably hitting his peak, allied to his value in the market.

Sure, he'll have a great game again and all will be forgotten, but he's the longer term problem, and we need to learn to renew this City team without him.

Delaying the inevitable.

If he was open to it, I would offer him to Juventus in January for Vidal or Pogba.

He would need to take a big paycut, or take a big pay off

johnmc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Delaying the inevitable.

True, but better to pay him off than offer him an improved deal, which is what some reports are suggesting.

Toure in Italy would prolong his career by a few more years.

Vidal is only 28? A midfield with him, Fernandinho and Fernando gives us plenty of legs and bite.

Pogba, would be a dream signing, but is double the price of Vidal and see him ending up at a Madrid or Barca.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
johnmc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Delaying the inevitable.

True, but better to pay him off than offer him an improved deal, which is what some reports are suggesting.

Toure in Italy would prolong his career by a few more years.

Vidal is only 28? A midfield with him, Fernandinho and Fernando gives us plenty of legs and bite.

Pogba, would be a dream signing, but is double the price of Vidal and see him ending up at a Madrid or Barca.

Vidal is another crock in the making, Pogba much better shout

He always had a tendency to be a bit lazy but this season is looking like he's still on holiday.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxwyuL8CUAAnebu.jpg:large[/bigimg]
[bigimg]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxwyfeeCUAAU_WE.jpg:medium[/bigimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.