Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

LHarper said:
Total distance covered isn't a particular sensitive or significant indicator of performance.

If those distances were split into intensity of movement categories then it would allow for more interpretation.

In my opinion and from watching the match on TV, Yaya was very poor last night both from a work-rate perspective and the influence he had on the game. Nothing new from him though, particularly in Europe.

So when it is shown time and time again that the winning team tend to have run the most it still is irrelevant?

bellsouth said:
Capable of winning games, trophies and arguably last season's title almost on his own, but also capable of disappearing in games. Last night he played well in the first half (I thought) but for the last 30 minute was a passenger and I hate the way we always accommodate him by pushing him forward and bringing in a replacement midfielder, its just a convenient way to hide him which occasionally works but not last night. The question is why does he NEVER get subbed, does he have a clause in his contract saying he plays 90 mins unless injured (can't really believe this but who knows)

I remember reading something like this a couple of years ago. I think it must be in his contract, amazing if true, he will always play if fit and not come off. When was the last time he was taken off when not injured ? For Pellers watching in the stand it must have looked even worse for YaYa. second half he was very poor and our centre was wide open. Can't believe we took off Nasri first , then Dzeko , would have even been better bringing on Kun for YaYa.

Durham Blue2 said:
bellsouth said:
Capable of winning games, trophies and arguably last season's title almost on his own, but also capable of disappearing in games. Last night he played well in the first half (I thought) but for the last 30 minute was a passenger and I hate the way we always accommodate him by pushing him forward and bringing in a replacement midfielder, its just a convenient way to hide him which occasionally works but not last night. The question is why does he NEVER get subbed, does he have a clause in his contract saying he plays 90 mins unless injured (can't really believe this but who knows)

I remember reading something like this a couple of years ago. I think it must be in his contract, amazing if true, he will always play if fit and not come off. When was the last time he was taken off when not injured ? For Pellers watching in the stand it must have looked even worse for YaYa. second half he was very poor and our centre was wide open. Can't believe we took off Nasri first , then Dzeko , would have even been better bringing on Kun for YaYa.

I cannot believe any professional sportsman has a clause in his contract saying he cannot be substituted through anything but injury. Rediculous

johnmc said:
The Goat 10 said:
johnmc said:
Watch it back - MDM was another laughing and chatting away with former colleagus. Any words for him?

The fact MDM put a shift in for 90 minutes, wasn't an absolute nightmare all summer and has been 100% committed to the cause since returning from the World Cup means no, I don't have the same words for him.

I love Yaya like any other blue but he was a disgrace at times last night, happily allowing Fernandinho to pick up his defensive load as well as his own. He's looked overweight and disinterested since returning and yes, no doubt he will get fitter at some point and back to his best, but after a performance like that he shouldn't be having a laugh and a joke after doing fuck all all night, a fully committed Yaya would of made the difference in that game last night.

But as the stats proved above Yaya ran more than Fernandinho. Without being funny, i think you and I and many others watched the game on tv. There is a hell of a lot you dont see on TV than when you are in the stadium. Im not saying Yaya had the best game but it was in no way as bad as some were making out and him talking to a former colleague after the game proves nothing - he could have been saying "you jammy so and so's, how much did you pay the ref" - you just dont know.

And stats only demonstrate so much.

I totally agree a hell of a lot is missed when watching on TV, but what that running stat doesn't tell you is how productive that running was. For example, whenever I saw Yaya running, 90% of it was jogging. Whereas, Fernandinho was doing a lot of sprinting, in other words it can be argued that he was making key runs when needed.

tommybooth said:
Brian the snail this season.

bugsyblue said:
Smiling and laughing at the end. Fuck off yaya. Wish we had sold him

Lythamblue said:
May as well have played with 10 men and then he stands laughing and hugging pep at the end, better not say what I want with emotions very raw at the moment! Wanker

spongebob123 said:
The invisible player returns. Laughs and jokes with the opponent team at the end. Wouldn't particularly care if his contract didn't get renewed.

Matt the Giant said:
Why the fuck didn't we sell him this summer?

Rating today: -10

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Said we should have got shot.

A fucking passenger.

Add that to shocking fitness and couldn't give a shit attitude, he and Nasri continue to steal a living.

chris8910 said:
he is a grade A C**t
laughing and joking with pep fuck off yaya you c**t

Barry Conlons wig said:
He should never pull on a shirt again, he is lazy, petulant and down right not interested,
I couldn't believe we brought Dzeko off before him, he was absolutely abysmal.

RandomJ said:
He's checked out completely. He doesn't give a fuck about playing for us anymore and put in zero effort yet again. Should have sold him in the summer when we could have got good money. Should be dropped to train alone while we throw cakes at the lazy twat till he bucks up his ideas.

sh249 said:
Said at the time, thought we missed a chance in the summer to move him on. He's been fabulous for us, and will rightly go down as one of the greatest players we've ever had. But I can't see a place for him in the side against the top sides in Europe. Can't use him in a midfield two, and not good enough further forward.

Watching him trundling around in that position for the last 25 minutes while Silva was stuck out on the left wing was enough to nearly make my head explode.

Bluestones said:
Plays like a lazy overweight plank then celebrates with Bayern manager at the end. Time we got rid of him and his effing ego and his birthday cake.

Lavinda Past said:
He's a useless arrogant wage-thieving shiftless bastard. We should drop him permanently and pay someone to take him off our hands in January.

I genuinely hate the ****. I don't care if I never see him again.

spanishblue said:
The hardest work he did all night was licking Peps arse........ ****

MC ID said:
It's fucking stupid. Reckon if we weren't playing with ten men we could of won. I don't blame Yaya to be honest, I don't think he could of made it anymore clear he wanted off the pitch. The fact he didn't play against Arsenal for a full 90 must of been a clerical error.

jollylescott said:
There is a thing called pride in the shirt, and as a consequence feeling gutted if you lose.

That is utterly disgraceful and sends a very poor message that he doesn't care whether we win or lose.

bitsmith said:
Absolute disgrace tonight. After such "don't give a shit" performance I could live without seeing him ever in City shirt.

eastmanc said:
Think Yaya thinks he is doing us a favour playing for us, if he does get rid. Felt sorry for the rest of the team tonight.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Low life ****. How can you watch someone next to you working his fucking guts off (fernandinho) and just casually stroll about not giving a fuck? Tgis prick got a rest on saturday for that. Rat

ChichesterBlue said:
£300k pw for that performance? I couldn't give a shit about people saying "he's carried us enough in the past" - for £300k per week and supposedly world class you're supposed to be a leader in the team every week.

I don't mind if someone has a poor performance...that's not the issue people are making on here - it's the fact he's clearly overweight and just isn't putting the effort in. This is from a player who never had a game at the weekend so should be fresh. Putting our best player (Silva) onto the left to make room for that lazy f*ck was just a bad decision.

No surprise that we looked much more solid in the 2nd half in the middle of the pitch with Milner & Fernandinho....

Get rid of him - been a great player for us, but his time is at and end....Fernando & Fernandinho for me.

TFC said:
He's a c**t. Said so in the summer and seen nothing so far this season to change my mind. Fat lump having a jog in circles in a game as big as that? We should have fucked him off in the summer...hope he proves me wrong but I think we will regret not doing so.

Ray78 said:
We are stuck with him until January.

Bobbins said:
Yaya made Mario look like a grafter tonight !! Maybe he was just fucked and should have been substituted ?? But if you are playing you could at least look interested and put some effort in, Milner's piss must be boiling when he watches such an obvious lack of effort and he can't get a game !!

I see the armchair brigade are out, "YAYA NEVER SCORED A GOAL WE SHOULD SELL"

The next time Yaya has a stormer he'll not be the overweight, overpaid, uninterested, lazy ****.

I do think the writing is on the wall, and he won't be here beyond next summer. Problem right now is that he can't really effectively play in a Mid-2, especially against top sides, but in a Mid-3, when moved forward, he'll be encroaching on Silva's prime territory. So I don't really know.

I'd almost say, in a 3, it should be like this, more of a 4-1-2-1-2:

Zab Kompany LCB LB

Fernando
----
Yaya
----
Fernandinho

-----
Silva

---- Dzeko Aguero

watched a replay of the game , and toure's 2nd half performance , was abysmal , dont think its a fitness problem , his body language appears to be saying he doesnt want to be here , normally i would suggest a carlos tevez type golfing break , to recover from his brothers death and cakegate , but as he will be swanning off to africa in january for the ANC , it would virtually right his season off , and for £300k a week , we as supporters , deserve a little better from the big man. So he needs to get his act together , starting on sunday.

Fernandinho is dramatically more effective at pressing, and we miss Yaya's deep passing and runs from deep when he's played further forward.

andrewmswift said:
Fernandinho is dramatically more effective at pressing, and we miss Yaya's deep passing and runs from deep when he's played further forward.

sensible , tactically aware comments , now can we get back to calling yaya a "c*nt" :)

Kun Aguero said:
tommybooth said:
Brian the snail this season.

bugsyblue said:
Smiling and laughing at the end. Fuck off yaya. Wish we had sold him

Lythamblue said:
May as well have played with 10 men and then he stands laughing and hugging pep at the end, better not say what I want with emotions very raw at the moment! Wanker

spongebob123 said:
The invisible player returns. Laughs and jokes with the opponent team at the end. Wouldn't particularly care if his contract didn't get renewed.

Matt the Giant said:
Why the fuck didn't we sell him this summer?

Rating today: -10

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Said we should have got shot.

A fucking passenger.

Add that to shocking fitness and couldn't give a shit attitude, he and Nasri continue to steal a living.

chris8910 said:
he is a grade A C**t
laughing and joking with pep fuck off yaya you c**t

Barry Conlons wig said:
He should never pull on a shirt again, he is lazy, petulant and down right not interested,
I couldn't believe we brought Dzeko off before him, he was absolutely abysmal.

RandomJ said:
He's checked out completely. He doesn't give a fuck about playing for us anymore and put in zero effort yet again. Should have sold him in the summer when we could have got good money. Should be dropped to train alone while we throw cakes at the lazy twat till he bucks up his ideas.

sh249 said:
Said at the time, thought we missed a chance in the summer to move him on. He's been fabulous for us, and will rightly go down as one of the greatest players we've ever had. But I can't see a place for him in the side against the top sides in Europe. Can't use him in a midfield two, and not good enough further forward.

Watching him trundling around in that position for the last 25 minutes while Silva was stuck out on the left wing was enough to nearly make my head explode.

Bluestones said:
Plays like a lazy overweight plank then celebrates with Bayern manager at the end. Time we got rid of him and his effing ego and his birthday cake.

Lavinda Past said:
He's a useless arrogant wage-thieving shiftless bastard. We should drop him permanently and pay someone to take him off our hands in January.

I genuinely hate the c**t. I don't care if I never see him again.

spanishblue said:
The hardest work he did all night was licking Peps arse........ c**t

MC ID said:
It's fucking stupid. Reckon if we weren't playing with ten men we could of won. I don't blame Yaya to be honest, I don't think he could of made it anymore clear he wanted off the pitch. The fact he didn't play against Arsenal for a full 90 must of been a clerical error.

jollylescott said:
There is a thing called pride in the shirt, and as a consequence feeling gutted if you lose.

That is utterly disgraceful and sends a very poor message that he doesn't care whether we win or lose.

bitsmith said:
Absolute disgrace tonight. After such "don't give a shit" performance I could live without seeing him ever in City shirt.

eastmanc said:
Think Yaya thinks he is doing us a favour playing for us, if he does get rid. Felt sorry for the rest of the team tonight.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Low life c**t. How can you watch someone next to you working his fucking guts off (fernandinho) and just casually stroll about not giving a fuck? Tgis prick got a rest on saturday for that. Rat

ChichesterBlue said:
£300k pw for that performance? I couldn't give a shit about people saying "he's carried us enough in the past" - for £300k per week and supposedly world class you're supposed to be a leader in the team every week.

I don't mind if someone has a poor performance...that's not the issue people are making on here - it's the fact he's clearly overweight and just isn't putting the effort in. This is from a player who never had a game at the weekend so should be fresh. Putting our best player (Silva) onto the left to make room for that lazy f*ck was just a bad decision.

No surprise that we looked much more solid in the 2nd half in the middle of the pitch with Milner & Fernandinho....

Get rid of him - been a great player for us, but his time is at and end....Fernando & Fernandinho for me.

TFC said:
He's a c**t. Said so in the summer and seen nothing so far this season to change my mind. Fat lump having a jog in circles in a game as big as that? We should have fucked him off in the summer...hope he proves me wrong but I think we will regret not doing so.

Ray78 said:
We are stuck with him until January.

Bobbins said:
Yaya made Mario look like a grafter tonight !! Maybe he was just fucked and should have been substituted ?? But if you are playing you could at least look interested and put some effort in, Milner's piss must be boiling when he watches such an obvious lack of effort and he can't get a game !!

I see the armchair brigade are out, "YAYA NEVER SCORED A GOAL WE SHOULD SELL"

The next time Yaya has a stormer he'll not be the overweight, overpaid, uninterested, lazy c**t.

If you think he put a shift in last night, please say so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.