Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

herrock said:
The worrying thing for me last night was that I have always thought that Yaya was not fully committed to games like Hull away but come the big games he is the man. Last night was a big game and he looked like he wasn't bothered. Is this because he is trying to force a move out of City , or the death of his brother has made him lose his appetite for the game or is it that maybe his "legs" have gone?
Whatever reason is behind it, he can't keep getting picked with performances like that. It was interesting to see Pellegrini sat up with the Marwood and Txixi and they must have passed comment about Yaya's performance.

Judging him now is irrelevant, since - as i said it earlier this month - he looks to me like being still several weeks in his off-season form.
In my opinion, he won't hit 100% fitness before mid of October, needs to drop a few fair stones of fat, maybe 10 to 15 pounds.
It is not a big deal (i have been in the bodybuilding business in the late 90s and know what i'm talking about );
with the proper diet, supplementation and heavy cardio, he will be ready for the toughest fixtures in less than four weeks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/09/manchester-city-cannot-afford-to-be-philosophical-with-yaya/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/09 ... with-yaya/</a>

Maybe a bit harsh on Yaya and Nasri but here's my take on last night.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Feels like a bandwagon being jumped on to be honest. Clearly not at his best but I don't feel he has the legs to play in a 2 anymore. Milner and Fernandinho either side of him and playing 4-3-3 would see him in a far better light.
I notice Nasri who was dreadful gets a pass
2 minutes away from a really good result
Perspectives

He had the legs in May.

It is simple. He does not want to play for City. He told all of us that this summer. We forced him to stay and now because he is a petulant **** he is making us pay the price. He still has not apologized for slandering the team that turned him into one of the greatest midfielders of his generation. Big mistake not selling in the summer.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
dobobobo said:
I for one will be shaking my fist a lot on Sunday if he is playing.

Edit: At Yaya that is. The rest will be getting a clap of hands from me.

Well do it at the telly and let the supporters get behind them

We are supporters of the club. If you want to support the Yayas and the Tevez's of the world. Go for it but I for one will not put a player before the club.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
So your brother dies. You play in the world cup. You come back and have a few bad games.

And, what then? Just tossed off to the side. Dropped for Scott Sinclair?

I am actually not defending him. He was pretty crap in the second half but I think better in the first than a lot are giving him credit for. I'm just saying that you don't do your players like that and expect to ever recruit a big name. Or retain the others.

What I think you do is what the club probably will do. Stay quiet. Don't embarrass the guy publicly by benching him for Scott Sinclair or whoever. Manage him as best as you can to get the most out of him this year. But you do your business next summer and shuffle him off to the less demanding environment of Paris or wherever and issue a statement about what an absolute legend he has been.

It's a difficult balancing act. If you just smack him in the face now you're telling the other players that is what happens to them here upon their first bad stretch. But if you just kiss his arse and let him do whatever it also hurts morale and encourages laziness. That's why they pay Pellers the big money I guess!

I'm sorry but that is utter bullshit. No you don't bench him because of a bad stretch you bench him because he turned on the club and let his teammates down. And you want the message that Yaya's attitude will not be tolerated at City to be heard by players around the world LOUD and CLEAR.

yaya had never been good at defending fit or not,
we conceded a lot of possession and yaya is not a defensive midfielder,going forward and when we have possession its a different story,i wondered how long before the yaya doesn't want to be here stories started.

he does want to be here imo .but we never controlled midfield at all last night,fernando was needed in there last night,with yaya a little further forward,

sir peace frog said:
yaya had never been good at defending fit or not,
we conceded a lot of possession and yaya is not a defensive midfielder,going forward and when we have possession its a different story,i wondered how long before the yaya doesn't want to be here stories started.

he does want to be here imo .but we never controlled midfield at all last night,fernando was needed in there last night,with yaya a little further forward,

Despite him essentially saying he didn't this summer?

some opta type stats flying round showing he covered more ground than everyone but navas last night - more worryingly is the top 4 were all from bayern and that's how it felt watching - they were fitter than us

I had to laugh last night when yaya was in the right back position while bayern where just about to run through the middle. Silva screams at yaya to get into the middle of the park in which he did in that kind of slow jog he does. Fuck knows why he was still at right back as Sagna was there and the ball was cleared out of that area 15 seconds earlier.

Love the guy for a great intelligent player like him, he gets in some absolute awful defensive positions. Maybe he's get told by manuel to lurk around in these 'holes' in the midfield to set up a counter, rather than run about try to get the ball. Fuck knows, he needs a diet and a week in the gym.

Whether we like him or not, he wears the blue shirt and his history with us should not be forgotten, I do know 1 thing for sure.... We won't see the best of him if the thoughts on this thread come out from the stands..
Its only September, we can win trophies again this season.. but we will need his help.
He will come good, but only if we get behind him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.