Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

we made a mistake tbh by not selling him in the summer most likely will had bring some good money because of the season he just had...he simply seems uninterested at the beginning of the season and next season we must to replace him for me Pogba or Vidal are the most contenders atm to replace him one of this 2 and Reus should be our top targets next summer

Some on here have really short memories think back to Palace and Everton away in May when he virtually carried us to victory and the Villa game where we closed it out, without him over the past 4 years I suggest we would have won a lot less than we have, yes he's out of form but he hasn't had many off days in 4 years, let's back him for fucks sake

Typical knee jerk reaction from our fickle fans. People have very very short memories.

Best midfielder in the premier by a distance and I always feel reassured when his name is on the team sheet.

Fortunately we have a management team that are a lot more savvy and I would suggest he played the full 90 minutes to get some fitness back into him and he is always a threat on the break.

These will be the same fans that slagged off Boateng for being lazy. You don't cast off a world class player on the back of a couple of poor performances.

In my opinion, I can cope with a player being in bad form but still slowing passion for playing for the Shirt, think Joe last season and will stick with them,

What I can't stand is a player strolling around the pitch, not giving a shit and doing everything in his power to destroy his legacy with City fans.

I saw one comment on this thread saying that we just don't know how the death if his brother is affecting him. I would guess like myself most people of this forum have lost a close relation in the past and a couple weeks later have to be back at work to pay the bills. It's like some posters are looking for excuses for his attitude.

Chrisja1000 said:
In my opinion, I can cope with a player being in bad form but still slowing passion for playing for the Shirt, think Joe last season and will stick with them,

What I can't stand is a player strolling around the pitch, not giving a shit and doing everything in his power to destroy his legacy with City fans.

I saw one comment on this thread saying that we just don't know how the death if his brother is affecting him. I would guess like myself most people of this forum have lost a close relation in the past and a couple weeks later have to be back at work to pay the bills. It's like some posters are looking for excuses for his attitude.

Keep the faith mate is all I'm saying don't write him off just yet as I suspect a big performance is coming

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
he hasn't had many off days in 4 years, let's back him for fucks sake

He's had more off than on. It gets glossed over as on an 'on' day he is world class and unstoppable.

Chrisja1000 said:

Not trying and not playing well, two completely different things.

I have never believed that any player goes out and doesn't try. Whatever he may feel towards the club I hold Yaya in far higher esteem, and I saw nothing to suggest he wasn't trying, he simply he doesn't look in top physical shape.

I'm sure Yaya has far more respect of his team mates than to go out and deliberately not try. You should try showing a bit more loyalty to a player who has brought us so much.

quiet_riot said:
Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
he hasn't had many off days in 4 years, let's back him for fucks sake

He's had more off than on. It gets glossed over as on an 'on' day he is world class and unstoppable.

Are you f'in serious!!? 20 goals last season would suggest he had more 'on' games than 'off' so, so shortsighted.

A midfielder with far and away the best stats of any midfielder and you suggest he had more 'off' days than on. You have to be on a wind up, surely?

If not, I despair with some of our fans I really, really do.

I've had all day and night to think about it. Any team with any energy completely negates his influence, we've known that for a while now though haven't we? I think he'll pick up form in the next month or so and he'll be alright, but not great, for the rest of the year.

The thing we don't want to admit is it'll take 2 to replace him though. At his best (not so long ago) he is (was?) The best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.