Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Rebelblue said:
mosssideblue said:
Rebelblue said:
Bx1JI6ECEAEUCmE.jpg:large

So that put's the lazy argument to bed. Next.
You know that's not a definitive argument. He may have travelled further, but contribution, effort & commitment is not a factor of distance travelled.

Like I said, it's put's the lazy argument to bed. You can't travel 6/7 miles in a game and be called lazy. His form is another thing altogether and has been mentioned loads he has always had to play his way into form.

I'd beg people to watch the first half again where he leads the charge on 4 or 5 end to end breaks, Lahm and Pep have both acknowledged we had them rattled.

The fans that hate him have their minds made up from the messing in the summer. Not one of them ever having spoke to Yaya, his agent or Kaldhoon. I'm comfortable that if the club had an issue or if he had an issue with us he'd be gone. 40 goals and some incredibly important interventions on our behalf will see me stand beside him for a little more than 4 poor ish games.

Each to their own and all that, I see no point at all in the fans turning their backs on him when he needs us more now than when he was rocking.

Not wishing to stir things but I, and others are not questioning form or capability, but current attitude. As you say four poorish games is acceptable if he is trying his hardest, but there are quite a few, me included, who believe his head is elsewhere, and whilst he is not fully focused, he should not be playing. Club first, always

there's no doubting he's not been the Yaya we all know ( and love) of last season, where he hit the ground running, so instead of trying to play him back into form, let him come back gradually a la Aguero, let Fernandinho and Fernando take the strain

Blue Mooner said:
BlueDeadHead said:
Blue Mooner said:
Not trying and not playing well, two completely different things.

I have never believed that any player goes out and doesn't try. Whatever he may feel towards the club I hold Yaya in far higher esteem, and I saw nothing to suggest he wasn't trying, he simply he doesn't look in top physical shape.

I'm sure Yaya has far more respect of his team mates than to go out and deliberately not try. You should try showing a bit more loyalty to a player who has brought us so much.

Seriously!?!? He fucking pissed all over the club and the supporters this summer and you want US to show loyalty to HIM. When he shows some loyalty to the club that made him a star then maybe I will think about it.

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Some on here have really short memories think back to Palace and Everton away in May when he virtually carried us to victory and the Villa game where we closed it out, without him over the past 4 years I suggest we would have won a lot less than we have, yes he's out of form but he hasn't had many off days in 4 years, let's back him for fucks sake

I think you have the short memory. He decided to quit on City AFTER May. Remember that?

Mike N said:
I've not contributed to this thread yet and am not sure what my opinion is on Yaya but is this the most stupid question Bluemoon tonight?

No I think that goes to you. FantasyIreland is clearly asking a rhetorical question that went right over your head. I will spell it out for you. The players he mentioned are pros and wear the shirt proudly. Yaya is a petulant c**t and a mercenary who only cares about Yaya.

Oh dear, a childish reaction. In case you didn't realise, it was Yaya's agent that created the storm in a teacup, and 'cake gate'. The situation has been handled by the club and it doesn't appear to be a problem now.

In case you hadn't forgotten Rooney wanted to leave the rags not so long ago and now he's club captain. That's a grown up approach, you have a disagreement and you sort it out for the benefit of the club.

Not all players will be fans of the club, they are professionals, playing for professional pride, ambition and yes money. Why do you think Falcao joined the rags when not in the champions league.

You need to stop being so precious, and calling your own players c*nts is outrageous. If you want to see the best from the players (which you presumably do) then we need to support all the players and not throw toys out of the pram over one bad performance, that's how a spoilt child reacts.

Where have I mentioned cake? And think carefully now...was it his agent or was it Yaya himself who said that it was City that wouldn't let him see his dying brother?

And are you seriously using Rooney as an example that we should emulate. Seriously?

mosssideblue said:
Rebelblue said:

You know that's not a definitive argument. He may have travelled further, but contribution, effort & commitment is not a factor of distance travelled.

And he is a Box to Box midfielder. I would expect he would travel more ground than say...Joe Hart. Stats have to be looked at in context.

BlueDeadHead said:
mosssideblue said:
Rebelblue said:

And he is a Box to Box midfielder. I would expect he would travel more ground than say...Joe Hart. Stats have to be looked at in context.

In the same vein both full backs never stop going end to end and he's done more than them. I'm not asking the stats to do any more than say he certainly wasn't lazy the other day.

I know people have their minds made up either way. It's a shame the rag led media were able to blow the guff in the summer time into something it wasn't. If it was a serious issue the club would have chucked him or he would have walked. End of story. He didn't he's still Blue and I'll back him.

mosssideblue said:
Rebelblue said:

Bang on mate - how much of that distance was he travelling at just quicker than walking pace?

He doesn't track opposing players - he lets them just run past him into dangerous areas - school boy and lazy

When we lose possession more often than not he doesn't get back anywhere near quick enough to make a difference.

Honestly I was there and in the second half the guy was a passenger, any other player in the City team would have been subbed ...

No wonder Milner's not keen on a new contract!!

I don't understand where the confusion lies with some posters between criticising a player on a forum and openly criticising/booing a player while he's on the pitch. As City fans we expect a certain level of effort or commitment from a player- if we don't see it I would hope the management would act accordingly (I'm not sure why this didn't happen the other night). As a fan who pays to see his club there is nothing wrong with telling it like it is - the man earns good money and after the debacle this summer he owes the club and the fans big time.

If (as some have suggested on this thread) Toure has signed a contract which means he has to play when fit then someone in our management team needs their arse kicking. To be honest I find it hard to believe that we would have drawn up a contract for a player of his age but it certaintly appears that managers are reluctant to drop him.

Perhaps that's because the manager & coaches see ALL of his contribution and fully understand his technical,tactical as well as physical value. All opposing teams will be delighted if yayas not playing

However,I would've subbed him on Wednesday and I've never believed him to be Captain (Vice) material. He can be criticised but shouldn't be abused by some of the vile descriptions on here. We're CITY fans not rags or tarquins. CTID.

he should be putting 100% into the game if he cant track this man and hes tired he should tell the manager and come off. in the end its the managers fault for not bring him off

Wow! I want to congratulate everyone. This is one of the most absurd threads on bluemoon in recent memory. That really says a lot.

I love how quickly people are willing to turn on our team and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.