Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

CrownPointBlue said:
PLEASE - let's not turn on one of our own players. It will only feed the growing mischief making by all sectors of the press and fans of other clubs who can't defeat us on the pitch and are always looking for any way to criticise,belittle and undermine us.
Yayas been disappointing & badly advised,of that there is no doubt but that does not warrant the level of personal abuse posted by some on this forum. It does not help....it is damaging the reputation of the club....& us as supporters. Ultimately it will be self defeating.
What we all should be aiming for is to get Yaya back to his influential,barnstorming best. The Yaya who scored 24 goals last season....the Yaya of the rag semi,the Yaya of the stoke final, the Yaya of the Mackams final,palace & everton away & villa at home etc etc.
We should trust in the coaches,manager and directors to rehabilitate Yaya in the way they have with other members of the squad. Let the rags turn on and abuse their own players....remember Giggs a few yeas back....we can have our own opinions but our role is to circle the wagons,get right behind the players,team and club and NOT abuse and alienate one of the most remarkable players of our recent history. CTID.

On this occasion I'm not so sure. Making him vice-captain was not Pellers' finest hour in terms of man management. The club's virtual silence over summer left us in a vacuum and I don't recall Yaya ever clearing the air in public. We hear rumours about a new contract and we see some pretty insipid displays.

He's not above criticism and fans are entitled to dish some out. I don't like to see that turn into abuse, though. It does us no favours in the outside world.

i think the criticism of Yaya is pretty fair after the match this week. the management team should also be accountable too though. Yaya is regularly played in front of the back 4 to allow him to dictate the play, however, against teams who like to move the ball quickly and exploit the space, this allows for far too much space due to his lack of mobility.

against teams like this the he either needs to be moved further forward or someone needs to bite the bullet and replace him with someone who can shield the defence more effectively. it would be nice to see Fernando/Fernandinho doing this in future,.

play fernando when he returns and fernandinho together and our midfield will be much more balanced. yaya for all his magic and unique talent in most matches can't be arsed to run and bust a gut for the team leaving our midfield exposed against big teams and that's why most times we can't cut it in the champions league. even last year when yaya was at his attacking best, defensively our team lacked in midfield and that's why we couldn't keep possesion in big games in c.l. for me fernando and fernandinho sounds very good on paper i hope pelegrini realise it and try it.

waspish said:
Crumpsall Blue said:
This may have already been mentioned, but going back over the years since yaya joined, he`s always had a slow, sluggish (lazy if you like) start to the season.
I`m not defending him, i`m just saying this is what i`ve personally noticed since he joined City.
He always seems to come strong mid-late season.

Correct..

Ah well the Ivory Coast should get the best of Yaya then!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
He always gets better as the season goes on. People forget that.

Oh good, just in time for his annual six week holiday to the African Cup of Nations then?

He will lack any motivation, whatsoever, should we be out of the mix for everything bar top four by then.

It was a wasted opportunity not to sell knowing he would be unavailable to us in the New Year, our own spending restrictions, and his agitation for a move.

Not a question aimed just to the poster, more in general, if we had sold Yaya and been able to facilitate a loan/option to buy on Di Maria, would we have stood equally as a good a chance of winning in Europe and at home, with Fernando, Milner and Fernandinho as our options?

I dare say our odds would have been no worse?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Oh good, just in time for his annual six week holiday to the African Cup of Nations then?

He will lack any motivation, whatsoever, should we be out of the mix for everything bar top four by then.

It was a wasted opportunity not to sell knowing he would be unavailable to us in the New Year, our own spending restrictions, and his agitation for a move.

Not a question aimed just to the poster, more in general, if we had sold Yaya and been able to facilitate a loan/option to buy on Di Maria, would we have stood equally as a good a chance of winning in Europe and at home, with Fernando, Milner and Fernandinho as our options?

Tolm can you point me to the last decent game that Yaya had in the CL?

He gets bypassed even against the lesser teams because their ball retention is too good

Like I keep saying, Yaya is only useful when we dominate a game

The only time he may be of use is when he has Fernando and Fernandinho behind him doing his dirty work

chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

He gets bypassed even against the lesser teams because their ball retention is too good

The only time he may be of use is when he has Fernando and Fernandinho behind him doing his dirty work

It was against the mighty Villarreal, funnily enough, one of only two clean sheets we have ever kept in the competition?

I understand people wanting to make excuses for him, in terms of his contributions and pivotal moments in our recent history, but Yaya has always been the typical bully, causing fear by his exploits, but when he gets a punch back on the nose, other people in the schoolyard start to look at them a little differently, more and more start fancying their chances?

It's a fact of life that all great footballers degrade, better ones than Yaya will ever be. It's not nice to watch and those who feel protective of that player the most, are usually the last to admit they are not what they were.

He presented us with an open goal this summer to get rid, before the wider footballing public got wind. Recent performances will only serve to create a narrative that will cost us about half what we could have recouped.

It's clear he is an emotional character who can get miffed at the drop of a hat. It's not about what he can do in one-off games, Rooney can still create a moment of magic, a certain overhead kick proved that.

City's forward thinking has to be how consistent and instrumental they believe Yaya can still remain.

We were winning under Mancini, but the problems were clearly there, even if others didn't or refused to see it.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It was against the mighty Villarreal, funnily enough, one of only two clean sheets we have ever kept in the competition?

I understand people wanting to make excuses for him, in terms of his contributions and pivotal moments in our recent history, but Yaya has always been the typical bully, causing fear by his exploits, but when he gets a punch back on the nose, other people in the schoolyard start to look at them a little differently, more and more start fancying their chances?

It's a fact of life that all great footballers degrade, better ones than Yaya will ever be. It's not nice to watch and those who feel protective of that player the most, are usually the last to admit they are not what they were.

He presented us with an open goal this summer to get rid before the wider footballing public got wind. Recent performances will only serve to create a narrative that will cost us about half what we could have recouped.

It's clear he is an emotional character who can get miffed at the drop of a hat. It's not about what he can do in one-off games, Rooney can still create a moment of magic, a certain overhead kick proved that.

City's forward thinking has to be how consistent and instrumental they believe Yaya can still be.

We were winning under Mancini, but the problems were clearly there, even if others didn't see it.

Sounds similar to the problems that Liverpool will have in ousting Gerrard

He can still provide a few moments of magic but all in all its a slow decline, clearly Yaya is still head and shoulders above Gerrard in terms of what he can offer a top side but the point still stands that perhaps we should be looking at picking and choosing his games rather than hanging onto this belief that he is still our most important player

That title has been passed to Spanish Dave now, and its about time we started playing the little Canarie in his best position where he can cause chaos week in week out

The top and bottom of it is that our FFP restrictions have prevented us from bringing in a top class midfielder to help make a smooth transition for when we do pass Yaya on to someone else, my guess is that next summer we will be in the market for that player

mosssideblue said:
Rebelblue said:
Bx1JI6ECEAEUCmE.jpg:large

So that put's the lazy argument to bed. Next.
You know that's not a definitive argument. He may have travelled further, but contribution, effort & commitment is not a factor of distance travelled.

Like I said, it's put's the lazy argument to bed. You can't travel 6/7 miles in a game and be called lazy. His form is another thing altogether and has been mentioned loads he has always had to play his way into form.

I'd beg people to watch the first half again where he leads the charge on 4 or 5 end to end breaks, Lahm and Pep have both acknowledged we had them rattled.

The fans that hate him have their minds made up from the messing in the summer. Not one of them ever having spoke to Yaya, his agent or Kaldhoon. I'm comfortable that if the club had an issue or if he had an issue with us he'd be gone. 40 goals and some incredibly important interventions on our behalf will see me stand beside him for a little more than 4 poor ish games.

Each to their own and all that, I see no point at all in the fans turning their backs on him when he needs us more now than when he was rocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.