Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Others will get the praise and Neville was going way over the top with the praise for Silva and Aguero. At the end of the day like against United in the semi final, Stoke in the final, Newcastle, Sunderland in the cup, against the mighty Palace etc it was Yaya Toure that made the difference and changed possibly going 7 points behind Chelsea to going home just 2 points behind them.

Dzeko and Yaya don't always look as flash as Silva and Aguero, but ultimately when City have a big moment one of those two are involved.

another poor performance but his goal was crucial for us

hopefully this will kick-start his season

Bluewonder said:
HappyG said:
Bluewonder said:
Eat your words, you fickle gets!

postby Bluewonder » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Lampard and Yaya in the CM is a recipe for disaster

Hahaha (I agree btw there are some reet fickle ones about)

Hahaha, I was referring to them getting killed on the counter attack. Which was actually happening before Fernando came on.

Haha I know mate spot on really, hope to see a Fernandinho Fernando and Yaya trio in midfield soon so we can see more of that from Yaya.

supercrystal7 said:
Others will get the praise and Neville was going way over the top with the praise for Silva and Aguero. At the end of the day like against United in the semi final, Stoke in the final, Newcastle, Sunderland in the cup, against the mighty Palace etc it was Yaya Toure that made the difference and changed possibly going 7 points behind Chelsea to going home just 2 points behind them.

Dzeko and Yaya don't always look as flash as Silva and Aguero, but ultimately when City have a big moment one of those two are involved.

Lad, Yaya's gash, not quite utter gash but he's gash and lazy. What City need is good old British steel, Scott Brown and Lee Cattermole are the men who will kick City to Champions League glory.

jpargo said:
Most of the hate towards Yaya is not understanding his role in the team. Tactically he is asked to play a role similar to regista. Think if someone like Pirlo. He is asked to play deep and link def-mid-att. No one else can play all sorts of passing and also keep the ball. He also joins the attack late.

Unfortunately most here also have the expectations that he man mark and play role of dm. Would you expect that of pirlo? Lampard for example is classic attacking midfielder but no one here would expect him to link play and same time score. The expectations the place on Yaya would be of that of superman. Track/destroy opposition play, link the play, and score goals. Most teams utilize 3 players for those roles.

I believe this post answers the majority of the questions and issues in this thread but the criticism will not end but that is the charm of this vehicle for discussion and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

forevermancity said:

Poor is very harsh mate. He dictated the game today. I'd love to see how much ground he covered. It was a fantastic opportunist goal.

But I thought he's past it...

To be honest, he was well below his standards until he scored, the space where Silva was heading yet Yaya couldn't pass it towards him made me incredibly angry, you really expect from Yaya to do it properly. What a goal though and even for a big man like him, I think his confidence was on low and as soon as he scored it got massively better. Don't think he misplaced any pass in the last 10 mins and he was involved in the game quite a lot.

When we play with 2 in the middle we'll always be susceptible to the counter with Yaya playing. Jogged back far too many times.

Huge goal though and I hope he can kick on from here.

citymad said:
forevermancity said:

Poor is very harsh mate. He dictated the game today. I'd love to see how much ground he covered. It was a fantastic opportunist goal.

The problem is that we all hold him to such a high standard. Lost possession and lost track of his runners many a time in the 1st half. Play him further up field so when he can't be arsed then it doesn't cost us.

Like you say though, he does dictate our play..but I think so could Lampard or fernandinho if yaya's attitude isn't upto it

A mixed performance but the goal could kick start his season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.