Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Good interview on the OS, he says he mentally prepares himself for a 50-60 games season..

People on here who have a go at him should remember that he plays almost every game for us.

yayas trusty right foot said:
Good interview on the OS, he says he mentally prepares himself for a 50-60 games season..

People on here who have a go at him should remember that he plays almost every game for us.

do you think his form justifies that? or any other season prior to the last one?

de niro said:

do you think his form justifies that? or any other season prior to the last one?

His form is no different to the previous 5, last year his lethargic displays were masked in goals, worldies also..

To get where we need him to be is simple, play him and when he's 9/10/11 games in he'll shut people the fuck up as he has every year since he's been here..

Getting boring don't you think?

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
de niro said:

His form is no different to the previous 5, last year his lethargic displays were masked in goals, worldies also..
To get where we need him to be is simple, play him and when he's 9/10/11 games in he'll shut people the fuck up as he has every year since he's been here..
Getting boring don't you think?
it's true that his form at City has ebbed and flowed but it's a fiction that his age is not catching up with him this season, boring or not.

Yaya being lazy defensively is nothing new and the signing of Fernando and going to a midfield trio is for the benefit of Yaya.

Our whole team is built around Yaya.

I still believe that the loss of his brother could have had an effect on his early season form. Bereavement affects people in different ways and is not always recognised, even by the sufferer. Yaya earnt himself enough leeway/patience from myself for now, based on all the good times he has helped give to me.

Does anyone else think this side could and should take on Europe with Yaya push up? Will this be the main side once everyone is fit at the same time?

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Kolorov

Fenandinho Fernando

Milner Yaya Silva

Aguero

I know this is a little off cuff but believe we have to play Yaya to win the league and think this suits him and suits City.

Stephenhakin said:
Does anyone else think this side could and should take on Europe with Yaya push up? Will this be the main side once everyone is fit at the same time?

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Kolorov

Fenandinho Fernando

Milner Yaya Silva

Aguero
a fair few would agree with that, maybe Manuel will soon too.

Yaya is one of the big players our squad is carrying. One that is hard to replace by anyone from our current squad. The others imo: Kompany, Silva and Aguero. Not surprisingly the spine of the team. It's these players that I'm often more critical about than others because I know how important they are and I expect them to know this and play like that.

Players are human beings. But so are the fans. We expect a lot from our players nowadays and we are allowed to. We pretty much know about their true class and we know when they are underperforming. As a team or on a individual basis. Because we watch them whenever we can and that is nearly every match a year round. Not saying we know all about football and City, but we are clever enough to guess if a player is not performing, no matter the differences in opinion that are often influenced by emotions. Yaya so far has been underperforming. Not compared to last season (that was exceptional), but his average performance ever since he joined us.

Than again, it's only the start of October...

eversince 76 said:
Yaya is one of the big players our squad is carrying. One that is hard to replace by anyone from our current squad. The others imo: Kompany, Silva and Aguero. Not surprisingly the spine of the team. It's these players that I'm often more critical about than others because I know how important they are and I expect them to know this and play like that.

Players are human beings. But so are the fans. We expect a lot from our players nowadays and we are allowed to. We pretty much know about their true class and we know when they are underperforming. As a team or on a individual basis. Because we watch them whenever we can and that is nearly every match a year round. Not saying we know all about football and City, but we are clever enough to guess if a player is not performing, no matter the differences in opinion that are often influenced by emotions. Yaya so far has been underperforming. Not compared to last season (that was exceptional), but his average performance ever since he joined us.

Than again, it's only the start of October...

Yaya yes. Kun to a degree, because of injuries, but he scores almost every outing.

Don't see many agreeing that we're carrying Kompany and Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.