Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could afford Yaya's style of play if he was our only luxury player, but i'm afraid we also have De Bruyne and Silva who are allowed freedom to attack but get away with the defensive side . Does anyone think Yaya would get a game in a Guardiola side? No chance. He is a fantastic footballer but i'm afraid the modern game is changing and he is getting older.

We could afford Yaya's style of play if he was our only luxury player, but i'm afraid we also have De Bruyne and Silva who are allowed freedom to attack but get away with the defensive side . Does anyone think Yaya would get a game in a Guardiola side? No chance. He is a fantastic footballer but i'm afraid the modern game is changing and he is getting older.
So if Yaya was one of the forward players it could work... but he's not so it doesn't.

It seems we've been having this debate for the last two seasons. I cannot wait until he goes, i'm sick of going into games thinking "will Yaya turn up or not".

I've always thought he saves himself for around this time of year, but the older he gets the later his form comes into action.

He's been a great player for us and scored some really important goals, but i think he's being shown up nowadays, he just can't get around the pitch enough to make a substantial impact.

I also cannot think why he's our captain, he doesn't strike me as a leader and if anything starts throwing his toys out of the pram when things aren't going our/his way.

He's definitely a master of masking a poor overall game. That last 15 has hoodwinked a few I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.