Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember a part where Campbell beat him on the ball and Yaya just slowed down and gave up chasing? Sums him up, really. Dude has reached his sell-on date.

Think Jamie carragher summed it up for me.

'You're talking about one of your major players, one of your leaders in a dressing room; that's unbelievably selfish that, the way he's played tonight.'

On the slowness of Toure's defensive game, Carragher sniped: 'The only thing he needed was a walking stick and an overcoat.'

Source Daily Mail.

Think Jamie carragher summed it up for me.

'You're talking about one of your major players, one of your leaders in a dressing room; that's unbelievably selfish that, the way he's played tonight.'

On the slowness of Toure's defensive game, Carragher sniped: 'The only thing he needed was a walking stick and an overcoat.'

Source Daily Mail.

I agree with what he's saying, if he sees he has a chance to get a goal he's suddenly interested. It reminded me of the goal against Swansea when Kelechi was credited with the goal from Toures shot. Yaya was straight in front of the cameras, saying he was definitely claiming the goal. He was laughing as he was saying it but he could have just said something like "it doesn't matter who scores as long as it helps the team" or "I'm happy for kelechi to have that and help him on his way early in his career". You know something a true captain should be saying.

I don't want to see him as captain anymore, captains should lead by example and he just strolls about. He's got bags of energy when he's bursting forward but then leaves his teammates in the shit when the ball is lost.

The thing is if he had missed his goal he would have carried on being disinterested until full time. I've had a lot of issues with Yaya but yesterday was the final straw for me. If he only wants to put effort in when he can be bothered then he can go and fucking do that at another club.

The thing is if he had missed his goal he would have carried on being disinterested until full time. I've had a lot of issues with Yaya but yesterday was the final straw for me. If he only wants to put effort in when he can be bothered then he can go and fucking do that at another club.

Yeah I try to give him a pass sometimes and say "oh he's just tired he's being played every game" but then we have international break in which he doesn't feature for his team or a 9 day break prior to this match against Arsenal and his work rate is exactly the same as if he'd played 3 games in a week. He just isn't willing to put the effort into the gritty work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.