Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We barely had a kick in the second half until Yaya came on, after that we bossed it, in no small part due to his excellent ball retention. Could have been a very tricky half otherwise, and if palace were tiring I am not sure why we couldn't get out of our own half?

This ^^^^^^

I think it's more a case of he doesn't have the legs for 2 lots of 90 minutes in a week.

He managed 90 minutes against Everton, was one of the better players and they didn't have a sniff 2nd half.

The performance today was so much more relaxed defensively with Fernando and Delph. We didn't look vulnerable to counter attacks, we battled and earned our right to play and open up second half. Yaya makes it look prettier (occasionally, when he can be arsed) but I'd rather win the game first, then bring Yaya on if needed.

The big man was brilliant when he came on.
But some on here won't see that

Absolutely right. Anyone at the match could see that palace were well on top at the start of the second half, and a goal then and everyone's arses would have gone. Fortunately the manager saw that, and brought on Yaya and he bosses the fuck out of the game from then on and won at a canter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The performance today was so much more relaxed defensively with Fernando and Delph. We didn't look vulnerable to counter attacks, we battled and earned our right to play and open up second half. Yaya makes it look prettier (occasionally, when he can be arsed) but I'd rather win the game first, then bring Yaya on if needed.
Palace should have scored inside the first 5 minutes. I don't think we were that great defensively. However, Delph was excellent and deserves to start v Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.