Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be sarcastic but a narrative was set by a couple of pundits - mainly Carragher - which was then repeated enough times for it to become accepted fact by not only other pundits and journalists (who I was actually mainly referring to) but our own fans as well.

In the Arsenal analysis Carragher actually blamed Yaya for not marking Ozil for the goal when mangala had just given the ball away. He quite rightly should have been nowhere near Ozil as we had the ball and he can't legislate for us giving it away.

But Carragher uses it to lazily compound the myth that Yaya is lazy and people swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Yaya isn't immune from criticism and he does have his faults but this idea that's he's lazy is just complete and utter bollocks.

Given all he has achieved in his career - that's before we even get onto what he has done for City (and continues to do - see yesterday) - then he deserves a bit more respect than being branded as lazy.

Hallelujah brother...
029e6d9f.gif~c200

Someone who gets what the media and TV are doing "Lead and Fed" and it's working but most are waking up to it thank fuck, not much chanting for Yaya these days...Fucking Lazy my arse...

Personally I still think Yaya is unbelievable. He's still world class. I don't care whether he's lazy he always shows up when it's most important with some vital goals. Still some fans don't see how much he is doing for us and especially how much he has done for us. I would keep for him for another season or 2 but when he goes he must be shown the respect he deserves for what he has done for us. Without him nothing would of happened his goal against United at Wembley in the semi final started everything and that is or one of the biggest goals in our history. A city legend forever.

Personally I still think Yaya is unbelievable. He's still world class. I don't care whether he's lazy he always shows up when it's most important with some vital goals. Still some fans don't see how much he is doing for us and especially how much he has done for us. I would keep for him for another season or 2 but when he goes he must be shown the respect he deserves for what he has done for us. Without him nothing would of happened his goal against United at Wembley in the semi final started everything and that is or one of the biggest goals in our history. A city legend forever.
There's no argument about the past. The present is a trade-off between moments of genius and a player really struggling to get to the pace of the game. If he produces moments like that at Watford its a no-brainer. That's too big an ask. I think we should be picking and choosing our games like we did with Lampard.

Right on cue..

Yaya Toure's moments of magic mask his decline

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/12079914/.html

I just read that myself in the DT plus the article suggesting that the world is now perfect because the rags won a single match so in search of sanity I thought I would to to Blue Moon. I used Bing for some reason and after the main site listing for Blue Moon this was the second listed:

Red Cafe: I think you mean 'fate'. And I haven't mentioned any games, just the fact that the Bluemoon forum is in meltdown.

And this was from 2010! I nearly went into meltdown myself.

My son did explain over Christmas that there is a way used by the rags and their allies to ensure that United always come out top of searches, irrespective of the number of previous searches. I forget exactly what having had a few bevvies but how does a Red Cafe entry from 2010 get so high on the search list?

Glad to say that Google did not produce anything similar.

Yaya is still one of the best players in the premier league. Still one of only a few true match winners we have that can produce some magic when we are struggling and still one of the first names on the team sheet.

However his position should now not be in the midfield 2. He should be pushed further forward and let Delph or Fernando fill that role. He is more effective going forward and If that means playing a 4-2-3-1 with Sterling, KDB and Silva rotating as the other 2 in the 3 with Yaya then so be it.

I don't agree with all of what Caragher or any of the Anti-City loons are saying in the press.
My only beef is that he doesn't pick up runners who zoom past him supporting an opposition attack/counter attack but he's not the only one currently doing this. KDB, Sterling and Silva have picked up the habit as well. The fact he has gone forward is not a problem - but when he goes forward someone has to fill in behind him which is not happening - and this is down to Pellers.
I do know one thing though, the press are delivering the biggest motivational pep-talk to YaYa that they could possibly imagine. The press started before Christmas and he has now started scoring freely. I await the torrent of goals from the man with joy and expectation.

I actually don't think Yaya is much different now from his previous seasons at City.

The difference is that we do not control the ball as well as we did.

KDB and RS are fantastic players but they do cough the ball up more often than Nasri/Navas/Barry and this leaves us open to the counter more often than used to be the case. Yaya then looks worse as he is bypassed more often.

The player we miss the most in this respect is Samir Nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.