Player/Young Player of the Season (merged)

Re: Barclays Player of the Season/Young Player of the Season

Van Persie must be a shoe-in for the senior award. As for the young player; it's got to be Phil ''Duncan''™ Jones, hasn't it?

mansour's tow ropes said:
salfordblues said:
Is Augero young enough? Is 23 the cut off?

24 i believe. its too old for 'young player of the year' IMO. should be 21/22. This would then put further emphasis on actual 'youth' and would give real young player, like 18/19 year olds more attention

Agreed. If we say 26/27 is when they hit their pomp then 24 is far too old. Give the real kids a chance.

is van persie that far ahead of the rest of the pack? really?

34 goals in all competitions, but this is a barclay award for the premier league; how many PL goals has he got? and how many are from the penalty spot?

aguero is on 28 goals in all competitions.

so 34 v 28 is close, considering RVP has more pens and this is aguero's first season in england.

just saying

34 goals in all competitions, but this is a barclay award for the premier league; how many PL goals has he got? and how many are from the penalty spot?

so 34 v 28 is close, considering RVP has more pens and this is aguero's first season in england.

just saying
Yes; all you say there is true. But RVP has more or less single-handedly carried an average Arsenal side for most of this season (and certainly since Wilshere got injured). I don't think we can say the same for Kun.

"The Professional Footballers' Association Young Player of the Year (often called the PFA Young Player of the Year, or simply the Young Player of the Year) is an annual award given to the player aged 23 or under at the start of the season who is adjudged to have been the best of the season in English football."

And Kun is 23 so he should win! And RvP - Player of the Season. I love David but he had 2 poor months but Arsenal will finish 3rd and RvP goals were really important.

jimharri said:

just saying
Yes; all you say there is true. But RVP has more or less single-handedly carried an average Arsenal side for most of this season (and certainly since Wilshere got injured). I don't think we can say the same for Kun.

Agreed. There's not been a better individual overall performance than that of Van Persie this season.

salfordblues said:
jimharri said:

just saying

Agreed. There's not been a better individual overall performance than that of Van Persie this season.
I don't particularly want him to win it, as i don't think he's a likeable individual. Plus I would have loved to see Merlin win it, but he had (by his high standards earlier in the season) an average/poor winter.

When are the nominees out?

We must have a few in their

silva (despite a dip in form he will still be nominated)
Kompany
Lescott possibly
Aguero
Hart

Young player of the year:

Aguero should win it. End of. 21 league goals in opening 34 games in england. a few assists and very few bookings. Crazy to think that hes young enough to be involved in the young player award.

Richards (hes 23 isnt he?)

Balotelli would if he hadnt got 2 reds and kicked Scotty P in the boat race.

Harts too old isnt he?

In reality, we will probably only have 1 or 2 nominated, and neither will win it. Im tipping scholes for a nomination, but RVP will win it.

However, aguero HAS to win the young player. But phil jones will probably win it.

Ha ha haaa ha apart from Phil the new Duncan Edwards Jones they don't stand a chance. Scholesy is nailed on for player of the year followed by Shrek and Carrick.

liamctid said:
Don't quote me on this, but isn't it a case of the "players player" was voted for about 2/3 months ago, but the "football writers" is voted for around about now?

Its all voted for in December its not of the season its of the year. The year 2011 ended in December thats when they vote

Anyway we all know Giggs will win it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.