Player/Young Player of the Season (merged)

Re: Barclays Player of the Season/Young Player of the Season

mansour's tow ropes said:
Matty said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
alex song is a good player but not good enough to win YPofY.

phil jones... don't give me that rubbish.

sturridge.... similar lol, he's hardly played under di matteo, yet they have improved vastly. do the maths

I was struggling for top quality young players who have been in the Prem for the entire 2011. If you think Jones is a rubbish suggestion I need only direct you to Ryan Giggs, he played in such a small number of games yet won player of the year. Never underestimate the "United Factor".

Who would be your suggestions out of interest?

are you sure the award is done by calendar year?

but for me in the 2011/12 season...

aguero
richards

dunno, probably surprise names like check tiote, sigurdsson or other swansea players, kyle walker will be there. but you're right, smelling and jones and welshit must be favourites. not to forget cleverly

I'm pretty sure all votes need to be in much earlier than the end of the season, whether it's pre-Christmas or before the end of January I'm not sure. If you remember a few years back, the one season Ireland was good, Young Player of the Year was won by Ashley Young. Even Villa fans admitted he'd gone seriously off the boil after Christmas. If the vote had been based on the full season and not the year then Ireland would have won, Young did as his drop off later in the season came too late to affect the voting.

If the season is what matters and not the year then Aguero should win Young Player of the Year. Van Persie should win Player of the Year, although Rooney will run him close.

If it's calendar year then I'm afraid I can't see past Phil Jones for Young Player of the Year. Van Persie's position as winner would be strengthened even more by a calendar year voting period, although Silva would be higher up the voting list.

Surely Tom Cleverly should get a nomination off the bent fuckers that seem to decide this sort of thing.

Candidates: RVP, Rooney, Aguero, Silva, Hart, Parker

Young Player nominees: Aguero, Bale, Walker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge, Welbeck.

LoveCity said:

Young Player nominees: Aguero, Bale, Walker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge, Welbeck.
Got to be Van Persie and Aguero.

scott parker nomination is a joke.

bale also lucky to get on young player list IMO.

sturridge too. and chamberlain has only played 10 games.

oh well, at least the PFA are giving city some recognition for our superior football<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm --<br /><br />somehow out of 12 nominations, 7 of those are english. you wouldn't think its been decided by an english organisation would you?

No Phil Jones? There is a God!

Bongo Joe said:
LoveCity said:

Got to be Van Persie and Aguero.

If its not then its fucking pointless them doing it..

What no Mata ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.