Player/Young Player of the Season (merged)

Re: Barclays Player of the Season/Young Player of the Season

mansour's tow ropes said:
When are the nominees out?

We must have a few in their

silva (despite a dip in form he will still be nominated)
Kompany
Lescott possibly
Aguero
Hart

Young player of the year:

Aguero should win it. End of. 21 league goals in opening 34 games in england. a few assists and very few bookings. Crazy to think that hes young enough to be involved in the young player award.

Richards (hes 23 isnt he?)

Balotelli would if he hadnt got 2 reds and kicked Scotty P in the boat race.

Harts too old isnt he?

In reality, we will probably only have 1 or 2 nominated, and neither will win it. Im tipping scholes for a nomination, but RVP will win it.

However, aguero HAS to win the young player. But phil jones will probably win it.

Lescott isn't even on the 6 man shortlist for City's player of the year, there's no chance he'll be up for the league one. Hugely under-rated player. Would have got my vote.

Matty said:
If this is the one the players vot for, that Giggs inexplicably won the other year, then votes are cast round about Christmas time and are for the period Jan to Dec 2011. That being the case Aguero will likely not get anything as he wasn't in the league until August.

Well in that case, Silva I think will get it.

lewisMCFC said:
Matty said:
If this is the one the players vot for, that Giggs inexplicably won the other year, then votes are cast round about Christmas time and are for the period Jan to Dec 2011. That being the case Aguero will likely not get anything as he wasn't in the league until August.

Well in that case, Silva I think will get it.

RVP will win Player of the Season, in calendar year 2011 he scored at a rate of a goal a game, he only just fell short of Shearers record for goals in a calendar year. Silva will be there or there abouts as his drop in form was post Christmas.

As for young player of the year, that's a tough one. As I said, Aguero wasn't around until August so I don't think he'll win it (if it was based on the actual 2011/12 season he would surely walk it, 21 Premiership goals is hard to argue with). Alex Song wasn't 24 until September 2011 so he'd be eligible, and he's been pretty decent. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to Phil Jones, he's been pretty good, plus he gets the United boost where people just pick a name they can easily think of rather than putting any actual thought into it. Possibly Daniel Sturridge?

alex song is a good player but not good enough to win YPofY.

phil jones... don't give me that rubbish.

sturridge.... similar lol, he's hardly played under di matteo, yet they have improved vastly. do the maths

sturridge.... similar lol, he's hardly played under di matteo, yet they have improved vastly. do the maths

I was struggling for top quality young players who have been in the Prem for the entire 2011. If you think Jones is a rubbish suggestion I need only direct you to Ryan Giggs, he played in such a small number of games yet won player of the year. Never underestimate the "United Factor".

Who would be your suggestions out of interest?

Matty said:

I was struggling for top quality young players who have been in the Prem for the entire 2011. If you think Jones is a rubbish suggestion I need only direct you to Ryan Giggs, he played in such a small number of games yet won player of the year. Never underestimate the "United Factor".

Who would be your suggestions out of interest?

are you sure the award is done by calendar year?

but for me in the 2011/12 season...

aguero
richards

dunno, probably surprise names like check tiote, sigurdsson or other swansea players, kyle walker will be there. but you're right, smelling and jones and welshit must be favourites. not to forget cleverly

kenzie115 said:
When are the nominees out?

We must have a few in their

silva (despite a dip in form he will still be nominated)
Kompany
Lescott possibly
Aguero
Hart

Young player of the year:

Aguero should win it. End of. 21 league goals in opening 34 games in england. a few assists and very few bookings. Crazy to think that hes young enough to be involved in the young player award.

Richards (hes 23 isnt he?)

Balotelli would if he hadnt got 2 reds and kicked Scotty P in the boat race.

Harts too old isnt he?

In reality, we will probably only have 1 or 2 nominated, and neither will win it. Im tipping scholes for a nomination, but RVP will win it.

However, aguero HAS to win the young player. But phil jones will probably win it.

Lescott isn't even on the 6 man shortlist for City's player of the year, there's no chance he'll be up for the league one. Hugely under-rated player. Would have got my vote.

It truly is incredible that Lescott isn't even on our shortlist

Complete joke

Savic for young player of the year?

did you bite?

as if my magic it turns out that nominees are announced today, at 5pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.