Players allegedly singing “Allez” song

The background to this song stems from Liverpool's attack on Manchester City's players.

This was organised and pre-planned by Liverpool fan groups.......see the flyer that in the MEN.

"Scare 'em back to Mancland"

o1GnLJE.png

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/liverpool-fans-coach-greeting-city-14431221

What does it say about the pathetic media in this country that they pay more attention to a song sung by semi-drunken City staff in a private plane post-match, than they do to the attack by thousands of fans on Manchester City which they virtually ignored.

Liverpool fans and media. As bad as each other. City fans should be saluted for our response to this. Did we respond in kind? No.

Remember when City got mentally crushed in the last seconds as we lost against Spurs this season? Spilled out on the Manchester streets and walked side by with celebrating Spurs back into Manchester.

Liverpool fans, it's you who lack class. You want to feel morally outraged. If you seriously want to respect other football fans, then deal with the idiots in your support of which you have thousands.

To be honest I stopped singing it, as I knew Liverpool fans thought the song referred to Sean Cox and the lyrics are in bad taste, but it's a song and their reaction should be noted and will be noted by football fans across the country.

It’s a tragedy what happened with Sean Cox no one should go to a football match and have that inflicted on them by another human being. The questions that should be raised here is why the policing was not better than it was?

If I went to a football match at the Etihad and I decided to launch a can of beer at a moving vehicle I would be looking round over my shoulder seeing if the GMP would not be making a beeline for me for a public order offence. There must be different rules in Merseyside, their way of motivating their players to be inspired to perform morphed into something more sinister when they decided to use it as a way of gaining an edge by having an organised mob launching whatever they wanted at the visiting teams coach.

No one got arrested for the attack on our coach, the Merseyside police laughed and looked the other way. Anti sociable behaviour at a football match is ok as it’s all in the spirit of ‘one of those famous European nights’. So if I’m a Roma fan who have some pretty horrific behaviour as a fan base I get a free pass to behave how I like outside Anfield as it’s all about creating an atmosphere.

If Merseyside police had run the match day operation like a normal game with no coach greeting they would have been able to get a better handle on the Roma fans that were moving from the city centre to the ground, rather than standing protecting Liverpool fans from not being accidentally run over by a coach.

Heres the story here that everyone is forgetting in their rush to condemn our players, they think getting an edge over a team by anti sociable behaviour in a game of football is more important than the safety of fans looking to watch a game of football.

Last edited:
Battered in the streets. Doesn't matter where you batter someone. Victims of it all? Hillsborough. They do have a pathetic weak culture which we are seeing now, but I also remember how angry I felt after Hillsborough and the way in general football fans were portrayed as animals there to be herded and caged which directly led to that tragedy.

I know City fans aren't thinking about that when its sung, or battering Liverpool fans, but that is actually the content and meaning of the lyrics. Think about it. We should not just react unthinkingly to any criticism even if it is always City who are getting criticised.
You're as reconstructionist as they are. Stop making it something it's not.
You sound like one of them.

Have you actually considered the lyrics and what they mean?

"Victims of it all. Battered in the streets." I stopped singing it ages ago. The victims of it all, can easily be interpreted as being about Hillsboro. No city fan who sings it is thinking about that, they are just thinking about our rivalry with Liverpool but you should have some standards of behaviour, and self respect regardless of the behaviour of Liverpool fans and the one-eyed media angle

Seriously??

If so, do fuck off, it has fuck all to do with either of those incidents and if they and you can't see that then tough.

As @gordondaviesmoustache says, lets hope we can change it treble, if not we could still try and fit another double in there.........

"Victims of it all. Battered in the streets." I stopped singing it ages ago. The victims of it all, can easily be interpreted as being about Hillsboro. No city fan who sings it is thinking about that, they are just thinking about our rivalry with Liverpool but you should have some standards of behaviour, and self respect regardless of the behaviour of Liverpool fans and the one-eyed media angle

If you're a snowflake words can be twisted for any purposes. Good on you for not singing, I will be belting it out at Wembley!

Piss poor that,Marvin.

Dippers being dippers......This is very much a case of 'if you look hard enough.....'

Battered in the streets. Doesn't matter where you batter someone. Victims of it all? Hillsborough. They do have a pathetic weak culture which we are seeing now, but I also remember how angry I felt after Hillsborough and the way in general football fans were portrayed as animals there to be herded and caged which directly led to that tragedy.

I know City fans aren't thinking about that when its sung, or battering Liverpool fans, but that is actually the content and meaning of the lyrics. Think about it. We should not just react unthinkingly to any criticism even if it is always City who are getting criticised.
Of course we should be sensitive to Hillsborough, the surrounding circumstances of which which should offend all right thinking football fans, however there have to be proportionate limits placed upon that, especially through the prism of football ‘bantz’, which is (usually) robust in its nature.

The whole of the song/chant is clearly solely in reference to the game in Kiev and the narrative that immediately surrounded it. The first line provides a strong clue in that regard. If you look further into the structure of the song, the first and second line (and the third and fourth, and so on..) clearly directly cross-reference each other. This is manifest.

Therefore, the reference to “victims of it all” is clearly related to the injury to Salah, which Liverpool fans the world over reacted to in a wholly disproportionate and, at times, farcical way - as if no-one has ever been injured in a football game before. Coming from a club that inflicted, for example, (the inveterate racist) Tommy Smith on the wider footballing world, makes it all the more comical.

The reason the song has been sung with such gusto by City fans is the onslaught they have had to endure since Christmas from the more radical element of Liverpool’s support, aided and abetted by an obsequious media. It is a perfectly natural and understandable reaction.

Anyone who conflates that line with Hillsborough has to be looking to be offended, possibly because they suffer from a mental disorder of some kind.

I’ll be singing it on Saturday, just like I did on Sunday night all over Brighton.

Maybe then we can shelve it; every song has its shelf-life - but certainly not before.

# “All the way to Kiev....”

It’s a tragedy what happened with Sean Cox no one should go to a football match and have that inflicted on them by another human being. The questions that should be raised here is why the policing was not better than it was?

If I went to a football match at the Etihad and I decided to launch a can of beer at a moving vehicle I would be looking round over my shoulder seeing if the GMP would not be making a beeline for me for a public order offence. There must be different rules in Merseyside, their way of motivating their players to be inspired to perform morphed into something more sinister when they decided to use it as a way of gaining an edge by having an organised mob launching whatever they wanted at the visiting teams coach.

No one got arrested for the attack on our coach, the Merseyside police laughed and looked the other way. Anti sociable behaviour at a football match is ok as it’s all in the spirit of ‘one of those famous European nights’. So if I’m a Roma fan who have some pretty horrific behaviour as a fan base I get a free pass to behave how I like outside Anfield as it’s all about creating an atmosphere.

If Merseyside police had run the match day operation like a normal game with no coach greeting they would have been able to get a better handle on the Roma fans that were moving from the city centre to the ground, rather than standing protecting Liverpool fans from not being accidentally run over by a coach.

Heres the story here that everyone is forgetting in their rush to condemn our players, they think getting an edge over a team by anti sociable behaviour in a game of football is more important than the safety of fans looking to watch a game of football.
Given the sums involved in football these days it is wholly negligent of Liverpool City Council that there (apparently) isn’t sufficient street CCTV coverage along that route.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.