Players allegedly singing “Allez” song

' battered in the streets ' ..........surely a reference to the Mickeys forthcoming confrontation with the Spanish police.

The background to this song stems from Liverpool's attack on Manchester City's players.

This was organised and pre-planned by Liverpool fan groups.......see the flyer that in the MEN.

"Scare 'em back to Mancland"

o1GnLJE.png

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/liverpool-fans-coach-greeting-city-14431221

What does it say about the pathetic media in this country that they pay more attention to a song sung by semi-drunken City staff in a private plane post-match, than they do to the attack by thousands of fans on Manchester City which they virtually ignored.

Liverpool fans and media. As bad as each other. City fans should be saluted for our response to this. Did we respond in kind? No.

Remember when City got mentally crushed in the last seconds as we lost against Spurs this season? Spilled out on the Manchester streets and walked side by with celebrating Spurs back into Manchester.

Liverpool fans, it's you who lack class. You want to feel morally outraged. If you seriously want to respect other football fans, then deal with the idiots in your support of which you have thousands.

Spot on. And it was this sort of behaviour that led to the atmosphere before the Roma home leg that resulted in one of their fans being seriously attacked and almost killed, which is what they are now claiming we're mocking. Quite remarkable lack of memory.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...uild-LIVE-updates-ahead-Champions-League.html

Riot police line the streets to Anfield ahead of Liverpool v Roma
Merseyside Police are on red alert ahead of Liverpool's Champions League semi-final clash with Roma, with the Italians' team coach to take the same route to Anfield as Manchester City did earlier this month.

City's journey to the stadium made headlines in the quarter-finals after their bus was pelted with bottles and pyrotechnics, smashing the drivers' door and damaging the front windscreen.

Now it has emerged that Roma will take the same route, albeit with additional security measures, with the Anfield club urging supporters to refrain from using flares and pyrotechnics near the stadium.

I mean, why do they think some of the Roma fans got tooled up?

Rather than reacting to this immediately as I heard it, I thought I'd gather a few facts what actually happened.

I first heard it reported as, "City players singing about Hillsborough and Sean Cox"...which in truth, is fuckin horrific.

In the reality, its nothing of the sort, it's a song that has been sung by the fans all year...it is no big deal at all.

The media need to take a good hard look at themselves here, like the scouse twats need any antagonising to kick off (coach attack, heysel, fountains etc). Just imagine if City were playing Liverpool in Madrid.....and this story leaked the way it did....it would be carnage....totally irresponsible from the press....

And ultimately, the press have got what they wanted from the scouse fans.....turned a non story into a story....

Nothing to fucking see here..........

I would also add it not conclusive that ANY City player sang the lyrics from the video.

You're right about the media, they're fucking rabble-rousing. The atmosphere at the Charity/Community Shield will be toxic and the media will be culpable if there are any incidents.

There’s a few in our support, posting on here too, thinking we should change the words as not to offend!!!!

What to, how the fuck is it possible to not offend them? literally we could sing ynwa and they would get offended thinking we were mocking them.

There’s a few in our support, posting on here too, thinking we should change the words as not to offend!!!!
Have you actually considered the lyrics and what they mean?

"Victims of it all. Battered in the streets." I stopped singing it ages ago. The victims of it all, can easily be interpreted as being about Hillsboro. No city fan who sings it is thinking about that, they are just thinking about our rivalry with Liverpool but you should have some standards of behaviour, and self respect regardless of the behaviour of Liverpool fans and the one-eyed media angle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.