Players made scapegoats and unfairly treated by fans

So were you not sat in the ground every time there were massive groans when he was announced in the team and ironic cheers when he caught a cross
we have different views clearly
I accept he was poor but I suspect that was because he was low in confidence
Hardly rubbish as you suggest was he a good fit absolutely not
But he did improve

I agree(d) with you,getting on a players back in the stadium is not on,it helps nothing.

Rubbish/poor.....thats just semantics.....he was a liability in many games.

I agree(d) with you,getting on a players back in the stadium is not on,it helps nothing.

Rubbish/poor.....thats just semantics.....he was a liability in many games.

Bravo was never as bad as he was made out by many supporters.

Clearly he had some confidence issues after his debut but he was left badly exposed by his defence far to often in the early days, when the team was finding it's way under Pep.

How many shots did he actually let in that he really should (as opposed to could) have saved? How many goals conceded were really just his fault?

Bravo was one of a fairly long line of players who has been given stick rather than support by the people who are supposed to be supporters.

Corrigan
Bond
Edgehill
Power

are some of the early ones that I recall and recently it's been worse, when we have perhaps the strongest squad ever assembled in English football: you couldn't make it up.

As a keeper who played at a decent level, I've been shocked at Hart's fall. Keepers tend to be quite prone to glitches in confidence and they're usually quite egotistic. Hart was a great shot-stopper, but wasn't great at commanding his box and his footwork was iffy. I think he was a little amazed that Guardiola ditched him and his fragile ego just splintered. I find it very sad. (But Guardiola was absolutely correct to replace him).

Hart's problem is that he never worked on his weaknesses.

Top goalkeepers need to be like opening batsmen, constantly refining their game to cover up any weakness as it gets exposed.

David Preece has spoken a few times about this and as I assume goalkeeping coaching is a small community he is probably well informed. Under Mancini's GK coach, Massimo Battura, Hart was forced to work on the aspect of his game that he hated working on. Battura had known him since he arrived at the club as a no one and was like a school teacher - not unlike Mancini.

When Pellegrini came in, we hired Xabi Mancisidor, who is considered one of the best in the business, but he took over a seasoned international goalkeeper with a high standing in the club and had a more collegiate way of training. He wasnt going to scream and shout at a grown man to force him to work on things he wasnt interested or refused to.

Thats when Hart really started to go downhill and also it would likely have been Mancisidors analysis of Hart that made Pep decide so early that he wasnt good enough.

Since then I've seen no evidence of Hart fixing the fundamental technique problems he exposed towards the end of his time here. His positioning is still wrong and he still concedes too many to his left. He isn't great coming for crosses and he is rooted to his line.

So if he still hasn't fixed those issues he never will.

Top goalkeepers need to be like opening batsmen, constantly refining their game to cover up any weakness as it gets exposed.

David Preece has spoken a few times about this and as I assume goalkeeping coaching is a small community he is probably well informed. Under Mancini's GK coach, Massimo Battura, Hart was forced to work on the aspect of his game that he hated working on. Battura had known him since he arrived at the club as a no one and was like a school teacher - not unlike Mancini.

When Pellegrini came in, we hired Xabi Mancisidor, who is considered one of the best in the business, but he took over a seasoned international goalkeeper with a high standing in the club and had a more collegiate way of training. He wasnt going to scream and shout at a grown man to force him to work on things he wasnt interested or refused to.

Thats when Hart really started to go downhill and also it would likely have been Mancisidors analysis of Hart that made Pep decide so early that he wasnt good enough.

Since then I've seen no evidence of Hart fixing the fundamental technique problems he exposed towards the end of his time here. His positioning is still wrong and he still concedes too many to his left. He isn't great coming for crosses and he is rooted to his line.

Good post.he became complacent to a degree,youre right.He let fame go to his head too and maybe got a bit big for his boots.
Pep immediately clocked it.

The disappointing thing with Hart is that atleast 3 managers spoke in the public domain about his distribution and it would appear that he never worked on it (stand to be proven wrong on that but he certainly never improved on it).

He was in a great position within the club but unfortunately had to be upgraded and ultimately became a problem for us...........

It can happen that players don’t work out. And in particular goalkeepers are a funny breed. I think it was Pep who said it or someone on the coaching staff: apparently Bravo never recovered from his first OT derby when he came for a couple of things and flapped. It was by all accounts psychologically downhill for him from there.
1616941761001.png
After a very difficulty first season , he came back well and served us well, respect for him for doing that.

Getting on a player's back when you're in the ground serves no purpose that I can think of. Just look at Nedum's comment about it in the interview with Steve. I'm not talking about muttering unhappily to yourself. I did plenty of that when Bony was playing. But actually chanting against one of your own. I don't get that. Not at all. They know when they're having a mare, and they're as unhappy about it as you are, and probably more. It's their livelihood at stake, after all.
Criticising a player on here is fair game, on the other hand. It's a forum, and I strongly doubt that they even so much as look at it. You're not not supporting the team, or a player, by posting a critical comment. That said, I don't get much out of “x is shit and will always be shit” type comments. But people have got a right to post them.

My mate is bad with Sterling. I think he expects that he should pull off every single move/shot he makes. He constantly slags him off, no matter what he does. If he does something correct 'he should be doing that anyway'. It is non-stop.
There are a lot of fans like that.most of whom have never played the game,or have certainlty not earned the right to hold down a creative,attacking role in a team.Being creative in the final third of the pitch means you have to take risks.sometimes it goes wrong.
Shit happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.