Players made scapegoats and unfairly treated by fans

I respect your opinion but think you're being way too harsh. There is quite a difference between not being good enough for Pep and just not being good. Joe Hart should be regularly keeping for another PL club.
Okay, he had areas he could improve but can you name any player who doesn't?
The fact is that no team has picked Hart as a number one goalkeeper since he returned to City from loan with Birmingham in 2010. He was a good goalkeeper for City for some time but did not adapt to the modern game. Since Guardiola arrived his days were numbered. He failed to cut it with West Ham and Burnley.

He seems to have settled for a quiet life as number two at Tottenham. No doubt on a very good contract with games in Cup competitions.

Dickov wasnt terrible by any stretch,he was limited in his ability and industry/tenacity made up much of his game......but that never say die attitude,and giving 100% every game,buys a player a lot of credit with the majority of supporters.

I think, from memory, it was reported Goater spoke to Dickov about why he was popular and once it clicked, about the hard work/tenacity , Goaters relationship with the fans went from strength to strength.

I think, from memory, it was reported Goater spoke to Dickov about why he was popular and once it clicked, about the hard work/tenacity , Goaters relationship with the fans went from strength to strength.
Scoring over 100 goals for City will not have done Goater’s relationship with the fans any harm.

Went to villa Park that day

Strangeway riots was kicking off as we got back to town
Villa Park..that day.....Was a day..The support that day from old skool maine road blues,it was Incredible. Amazing,the atmosphere on the terraces.you can not put words....as soon as i staggered in you got the vibe...strangeways,poll tax riots.Blood was in the Air...Never to be forgotten.villa top of the league,City bottom.
Game on....

Being an old bugger, I remember one of my earliest games, away at spuds in the early 70's.
Bowyer came on as sub and I didn't believe the reaction "wouldn't have him as a ball boy at Maine Road" was one that sticks in my mind.
Things haven't changed much, it seems some just have to have a scapegoat, seems to make them feel important and knowledgable, when in fact they're the opposite

Wayne Bridge and Adebayor fit that category too.
Think we could make a team up of misfit mercenaries who should never of donned the sky blue shirt or played for our club ,get them to play a charity match v old city pro's who we adored , the only thing would be, the cesspits wouldn't turn up couldn't be arsed,to busy counting their money !
lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.