Nasri-NA
De Bruyne-8
Sterling-6 looks like not playing natural game class in champions league
Silva-5 didn't look fit
Bony-1 why on earth did he get played
Aguero-8
Iheanacho-7

Pellegrini-4

In numerical order, where the mark is the same, I've listed them in order of how I think they've performed, so Sterling is nearer a 4, and Navas nearer a 6, if that makes sense.

Nasri -
Zaba -
^----------not rated due to injury
Bony 2
Kolarov 2
Otamendi 4
Demichelis 4
Sterling 5
Silva 5
Delph 5
Yaya 5
Caballero 5
Navas 5
^----------average or less (and I won't shed any tears over any of these leaving, expect Silva, but he needs to up his game considerably)
Clichy 6
Mangala 6
Aguero 7
Kompany 7
Fernando 7
Kelechi 7
Hart 7
De Bruyne 7
Sagna 8
Fernandinho 8

That we don't have 11 better than 'average' says it all, and for instance while I've rated Aguero 7, I actually think he's been pretty disappointing by his standards, which is why he's listed as the lowest 7.

Too soon for this thread. Fans are too raw at the moment
With 1 game to go, I don't see why, nothing that happens in the next week is going to change my mind.

It baffles me why anyone lists Pellegrini, I've not seen him kick the ball once, and the thread title clearly says players surely there are enough existing threads to have a dig at him, lets leave this one for the players, who in many cases have quite frankly let the fans down on the pitch.

Fucking hell de bruyne has had an OK season and people acting like he's been player of the season

With 1 game to go, I don't see why, nothing that happens in the next week is going to change my mind.

It baffles me why anyone lists Pellegrini, I've not seen him kick the ball once, and the thread title clearly says players surely there are enough existing threads to have a dig at him, lets leave this one for the players, who in many cases have quite frankly let the fans down on the pitch.

I just believe it is too soon after the disappointment of yesterday and people (putting tin hat on as I type), are a tad sensitive at the moment to rationally score players :)

Hart 7/10 Solid season from Hart as you'd expect, no bad patches of form so good season always reliable when called upon.

Willy 4/10 One great game against Liverpool, but every other time he has featured he has looked woeful.

zaba 4/10 Poor season from Zabas standards, looks like his age might be catching up with him, looks suspect when played.

sagna 7/10 Solid but unspectacular, does well defensively but doesn't offer much going forward, still good though.

demi 1/10 Season to forget, hasn't looked good when featured and should have kept Denayer instead.

otamendi 4/10 Has looked solid when beside Kompany, but when with Mangala or Demi he looks worse or as bad as the other, time will tell on this one.

mangala 2/10 Apart from maybe the odd game here and there looks really shaky and hasn't improved enough, should sell/loan out next year.

vinny 7/10 Can't argue with Kompanys performances when he's played, the stats say it all really, always better with him in the team than without.

clichy 6/10 Average year for Clichy, didn't feature much to begin with but has become better as the seasons gone on, better defender than Kolarov without a doubt.

Kolarov 2/10 Poor year from Kolarov really, has been missing his attacking/creative qualities that made him look so good in the past, and his defending has been woeful when played.

navas 1/10 Really bad year for Navas, how he has played so many games I will never know, doesn't even do anything! Doesn't have confidence, can't seem to score, poor end product, just keeps getting worse not better.

Fernando 6/10 Has improved in the last 6 months, began really slow always used to foul a lot when he first joined but has looked a lot more composed recently, can't attack for toffee mind but still he could prove to be a squad player under Guardiola, makes good tackles now and is aggressive but has gotten a lot better and sometimes you need a De Jong kind of CDM in the team.

Fernandinho 7/10 Solid year from Fernandinho, always reliable when called upon, has needed to step up when Yaya has been missing (which has been all too often this year especially) gives 100% every game.

yaya 2/10 Has played a lot more games than he should have done, doesn't look passionate to be wearing the City shirt anymore and doesn't do his amazing runs/long shots that we have all been used to in the previous seasons, either something is not right in his head, if he doesn't like Pellegrini or if he just doesn't want to play in this team, or if he is just past it, I don't know but he's really disappointing, lazy arsed player as well doesn't ever track better, struts around the pitch with that 'been there done that' attitude, occasionally plays a nice pass or shows glimpses of his past brilliance, what every 15 games? Well I don't know but he's useless now and has to be sold to clear up his undeserved wage and get someone who actually runs around at least!

nasri 5/10 Hard to judge, like Kompany really, I'll go first on the record and say I've never been a fan of Nasri ever since he joined us I've just thought he has underperformed a lot, but when he came in he actually offered something to the team, I was actually surprised that he was so much better than Sterling and Navas, alas it was short lived though and you have to question if someone this injury prone can stay, like Toure another high wage.

silva 4/10 One of Silvas seasons to forget, like Zaba his wage may just be catching up on him, and the emergence of KDB as that playmaker may even question his future here, problem with Silva is when he's playing well, even in the past he's been like this, you wouldn't have anyone else in the world, but he goes on runs of form where he'll just disappear without a trace, and he has done for most of this season just gone, wages again, could sign someone like an Isco to replace him.

sterling 3/10 It sure doesn't help when you're sitting there looking a HUGE 49 million transfer fee that we were foolishly made to pay by Liverpool, but still he has not been good, he looks like a player out of his comfort zone which I find strange for a home grown player as you'd think they'd just fit in straight away (De Bruyne has and he's from Belgium!!!!!!!) and he looks like a very limited player, pace is clearly the only thing he really excels at which is not enough for that price, he has no shot on him, dribbling average, touch a bit poor, and he's not really a creative player, I mean if this was another season I might have mistaken him for Navas, but I hope Pep comes in and helps him find some form and hopefully turns him into a different player, I guess time will tell, like Otamendi.

Delph 3/10 Average player, only really bought to strengthen up the english players quota, and you could argue that we should have kept Milner instead (nothing special but can play both wings, especially a lot better than I've seen Delph play wings) and again he's injury prone, which is worrying for a new player, I don't know what Pep will see in this guy, might just get rid of him.

kdb 9/10 Him and Aguero definitely the best players of our season, De Bruyne (and Aguero for that matter!) is the kind of player you could build a team around for years to come, technically one of the best players in the world you could argue, has such a good shot and even running with the ball looks deadly, only shame for me is obviously he got that bad injury against Everton in the league cup, and he has been played as a winger out of position on the left as Sterling has been useless, but still he has been amazing and none of that is his fault, if there's one thing to salvage from this season it will be him.

nacho 8/10 Great debut season from Nacho, how he has not played more times over Bony really baffles me, and his goal to games ratio is great, if he keeps improving the way he is, we could have a real player on our hands in about 5 years time like we do with Aguero now, really composed in front of goal as well for his age, and if Pep sees that he may choose to build a team around him, stranger things have happened.

aguero 9/10 Great season as ever from Aguero, only issue I have with the way City have played for the last 2 seasons now is that they seem to rely upon him because everyone else is so damn useless, but not his fault, we do need 1/2 more strikers like we used to have in Mancinis teams, but again like Nacho is goal to games ratio speaks for itself, and is always capable of the unexpected which is definitely a good thing.

bony 1/10 Useless, has not tried, looks like a bodybuilder, struts around the pitch like Yaya, if he does score he waits for someone to play it right on his foot (which is not the way city play thank you very much we are not Swansea City!) and even then he has just gotten worse, slow lazy player which is disappointing, makes you wonder why we sold Dzeko, Negredo, and even Jovetic just to replace them with this guy who is 10 times worse, I think he will go either permanently in the summer or out on loan somewhere,

Sorry for the lengthy opinions! Got a bit carried away with some of them as you might expect after the season we've just had!

Hart 7
Willy 3
zabba 4
sagna 6
demi 2
otamendi 5
mangala 4
vinny 6
clichy 7
Kolarov 2
navas 5
Fernando 6
Fernandinho 7
yaya 2
nasri 3
silva 5
sterling 2
Delph 3
kdb 8
nacho 8
aguero 8
bony 1

Hart 7.5 - Decent season, especially in CL. And he cares.
Caballero - Too few games to judge.
Sagna 7.5 - Rose to the plate. Consistent too.
Zaba - Too few games to judge but probably need to replace.
Clichy 6 - Plenty of good performances but useless going forward. Need to replace.
Kolarov 4 - Not a memorable season. Need to replace.
Kompany 6 - Great when there. Highly influential. Hate to say it but we can't relay on him nowadays.
Otamendi 7 - A bit rash but I like him.
Mangala 5 - Quite a few errors but I haven't given up on him yet.
Demichelis - Too few games to judge. Leaving anyway.
Fernandinho 7.5 - Puts himself about. One of our best contributors.
Fernando 6 - Better than many give him credit for. Good recent form. I would keep him.
Yaya 4 - Still got a great eye for a pass but now virtually immobile and not a good influence. Cheerio.
Delph 4 - Runs about a bit.
Navas 6 - Runs about a lot and at least gives opponents something to think about.
Sterling 5 - That's 8 for his good performances and 2 for the shite ones. Pep will hopefully do him a world of good.
Silva 6.5 - Poor season by his standards but his natural talent still puts him ahead of most.
Nasri 3 - Does he still play for us? A drain on the payroll.
De Bruyne 7.5 - Inconsistent but a top lad who will only improve. Impressive stats for a debut season.
Aguero 8 - Absolutely vital to us up front. Only injuries hold his score back.
Kelechi 7 - Brilliant scoring record but all-round game is a work in progress. Am so pleased he's ours.
Bony 2 - Some say he holds up play well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.