Players supposedly unhappy

Some City fans are proper paranoid if you think Castles and Sam Lee have just made this all up so be it , but I heard over 12 months ago that Bernardo wanted out if he or Laporte are here next season I will be surprised add to that at least one of the following will also go Mahrez , Sterling , Jesus for various reasons regards Sterling if he is being hawked round in swap deals City are playing a dangerous game as he might just think fuck it and run is contract down.

if you remember the chairman’s end of season review he mentioned swap deals .

I think the club did really well to keep this out of the press whilst going for 4 trophies , whatever happens I have every faith the replacements will be as good if not better than the players leaving .

Up the fucking blues.

He turned sideways on to Kevin deliberately - knew what he was doing.
Rudiger could have finished Kev's career. It wasn't a block. He smashed into his neck/face/head at full tilt. It is a much more dangerous challenge than a mistimed kick to the head for example. In American Football players wear upper body armour to prevent serious injury and deaths on the field. I would love Pep to call Rudiger out at the first opportunity he gets.
Someone needs to intervene to prevent Rudiger doing it again. He looks like a player out of control as shown by his bite on Pogba last night. You would have thought the Eriksen incident would make thugs like Rudiger control their behaviour. UEFA don't seem to give a shit about the wellbeing of players. They are just seen as cash cows to be run into the ground. They get paid well but I can understand why many of them are sick of being treated like cannon fodder. Good health is more important than money to most people.

Unexpected decisions that would give us a better chance of success is what makes him brilliant.....changing a winning team/formula after using such to get us into that situation was off its tits and it cost us the trophy.Playing a weakened/unbalanced team in an FA Cup semi was almost as bizarre.
It was as clear as day that both those line ups would leave us hugely disadvantaged against a very well organised Chelsea set up.The murmurs coming out of our camp suggest a few of the players thought similar too.

That isn't unjustified whining or ranting,its fact unfortunately.....but,each to their own,so if that's your thing.....then it's your prerogative to crack on with the unconditional adulation.

As you say,although a unique opportunity has been blown.hopefully he gets more right next season.
When you bring Pep to your club, you're welcoming the ultimate risk and reward coach. Our tactics at the back are ultra risky, but we're now taking it for granted because we're so good at it. If you don't want leftfield selections, you don't hire Pep. If you want a solid looking team in a CL final or therabouts you bring in Pochettino - albeit this PSG team isn't playing as he no doubt wants. If you want 'unusual/strange/unfathomable yet brilliant' you bring in Pep because most of the time he delivers. That's how I see it.

Notice how the players are never unhappy to such a degree at United or Liverpool no matter how bad their season is?

Yeah, you might get the story about the odd individual who has spoken out but no wide spread negativity about the squad.
Not sure that's true. The stories about Pogba, Mane and Salah are all much more negative - regularly suggesting much more disruption than we hear about at City.

The initial article, and follow ups that this was all based on doesn't talk about wide spread negativity at all. It mentions 6/7 players, but suggests some are players the club would allow to leave to refresh the squad, and mostly they're not players that are desperate to leave. It also mentions, for example, Bernardo as being keen on a change of scenery and expecting to leave last summer (let's face it with the racism ban and the coffee cup salute he didn't look at his happiest), but whose attitude this season can't be faulted.

So, it's MUCH less black and white, and while a lot of posters on here are very dismissive of the source (Sam Lee at the Athletic), whether it's all true, not true, or partly true, it does sound like more of a rounded picture. Essentially top players who aren't playing, some who just don't really get on brilliantly with Pep, some who just fancy a change of scene, some who it may make sense to cash in on if we're trying to buy Kane or Grealish.

Not sure that's true. The stories about Pogba, Mane and Salah are all much more negative - regularly suggesting much more disruption than we hear about at City.

The initial article, and follow ups that this was all based on doesn't talk about wide spread negativity at all. It mentions 6/7 players, but suggests some are players the club would allow to leave to refresh the squad, and mostly they're not players that are desperate to leave. It also mentions, for example, Bernardo as being keen on a change of scenery and expecting to leave last summer (let's face it with the racism ban and the coffee cup salute he didn't look at his happiest), but whose attitude this season can't be faulted.

So, it's MUCH less black and white, and while a lot of posters on here are very dismissive of the source (Sam Lee at the Athletic), whether it's all true, not true, or partly true, it does sound like more of a rounded picture. Essentially top players who aren't playing, some who just don't really get on brilliantly with Pep, some who just fancy a change of scene, some who it may make sense to cash in on if we're trying to buy Kane or Grealish.
The truth in these stories is always in the middle. Players are never happy when they are not in the team. Working for Pep must be a very intense and exhausting experience, especially during a pandemic.
The whole club has been like a pressure cooker for the last 15 months. And some players may well want to move on, perhaps under pressure from their families. It is just part of the natural cycle of what happens in any big organisation.
It happens in all big organisations. In fact staff turnover is usually a positive thing in any successful business. The last thing you want is people lingering past their sell-by date. We will freshen up the team and move on. The only one I would really miss would be Laporte because it would leave us one injury away from having a poor defence again after spending years to get it right at the back.

Last edited:
The truth in these stories is always in the middle. Players are never happy when they are not in the team. Working for Pep must be a very intense and exhausting experience, espeically during a pandemic.
The whole club has been like a pressure cooker for the last 15 months. And some players may well want to move on, perhaps under pressure from their families. It is just part of the natural cycle of what happens in any big organisation.
It happens in all big organisations. In fact staff turnover is usually a positive thing in any successful business. The last thing you want is people lingering past their sell-by date. We will freshen up the team and move on. The only one I would really miss would be Laporte because it would leave us one injury away from having a poor defence again after spending years to get it right at the back.
Yeah - All the stuff I've seen on Laporte is that if he goes the money will go straight into a replacement of similar quality. Having Dias, Stones and Laporte would be ideal, especially as many of Stones drop offs in form have been linked with minor injuries, but I guess if he's not happy, then it's probably better to have someone coming in who knows they may have to fight for the main spot.

When you bring Pep to your club, you're welcoming the ultimate risk and reward coach. Our tactics at the back are ultra risky, but we're now taking it for granted because we're so good at it. If you don't want leftfield selections, you don't hire Pep. If you want a solid looking team in a CL final or therabouts you bring in Pochettino - albeit this PSG team isn't playing as he no doubt wants. If you want 'unusual/strange/unfathomable yet brilliant' you bring in Pep because most of the time he delivers. That's how I see it.
Fair comment Harry,but the team that 'picked itself' had/has that blend of brilliance and solidity.I love leftfield,but i dont like stupidity.....The team should not have been messed with.

Dude that’s exactly what I said. You might hear stories about about odd players but not whole sale squad upset with everyone leaving.

I think it’s actually good that players want more game time and are upset if they ain’t getting it. That’s healthy. Important therefore that the gaffer picks on form and not favour, and rotates maybe with a bit more care (less múltiple squad changes giving impression of an A and B line up) than he has previously. All easier said than done ofc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.