Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

“'I have no problem with them sitting deep, I played under Rafa Benitez, and it's not just Newcastle, I've seen it virtually every week. There has got to be some sort of aggression..”
Carragher encouraging to be more aggressive does not help the issue at all.

Always bothered me retrospective action in that we don' benefit...could there not be any ban includes the next game against the same opponents? e.g. if murphy gets a ban of 3 games then one must be served against us..seems fairer to me.

Is that it for this now?

Has he got away with it?
Afraid so. This was always the outcome I was expecting.

It’s only a matter of time before one of ours is seriously injured because there is no deterrent punishment for past recklessness.

I think the rules on what offences can and can't be retrospectively punished need to be changed.

If the referee sees a challenge as a yellow when in reality it's clearly a red (Alli & Kane's recent bookings against us for example) the player should face retrospective action.

They shouldn't be spared punishment due to the referees error. It's like the police having cctv footage of someone robbing a bank but not charging them because the security guard on duty didn't stop them at the time.

The offending player being banned might not directly benefit the team on the receiving end of the foul but it would at least act as some sort of deterrent.

Not the same but when our player goes off injured and then come back on. Why does the opponent who committed the foul not have to wait until injured player or sub is ready to come on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.