Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

While I agree with the sentiment that there has to be punishment in line with the offence, I think this may be going too far.
Keane on Haaland was a premeditated assault (as he later admitted in his autobiography). It should have been dealt with accordingly in the criminal courts. The tackle ended his career.

It certainly appeared that Ali, Kane and Murphy set out to "leave one on" our players.

Let's say for instance I'm minding my own business in a shopping centre, and I see someone legging it from a security guard with armfuls if booty. If I clothes line them, but decide to "leave one on them" and injure them, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be facing criminal charges. Professional sport should not be exempt from the law.

Only because most of the fouls against us, are not given as such.

Exactly. The foul stats only record fouls given, not committed. I suspect the number is at least double that.

The Prem and FA are not arms of Government. They're Limited Companies - proper commercial entities. And yet when some player commits a despicable tackle and people call for the Police to get involved, the likes of Shearer say 'No, let football deal with this.......', as though footballer violence is exempt from UK law. Get the Police involved, send the evidence to the CPS including numerous videos from various angles and let them decide whether to put the player on trial - as in the Duncan Ferguson case in 95. Seeing one or two put on trial and locked up might have a deterrent effect.

Yeah, Plod should be called onto the pitch whenever there’s a harsh tackle or an alleged racial insult. We can stop the game while they review the evidence. This is definitely the way forward.

Have the police ever had to come on to a match in a top level league to stop it kicking off or arrest a player for trying to beat up another? I know it was rough as fuck back in the 70's and such but say since the 90's or 00's?

I said that we are being targeted on here after the wba away game earlier in the season, a couple of their players were kicking lumps out of our lads and as expected the next game or so they played the scum and no bad challenges went in, they just jockey'd Rashford and co and went nowhere near them.

Question: do you think those three alleged assaults could be proven in a court of law?
I suspect it would be very difficult, but then if the likes of Keane (who is indeed a horrible, nasty, vindictive b**tard) had been made an example of in the past, then we might see less of these horror tackles where it is clear a player sets out to injure another.

Even if you can't prove intent (unless a player screams "have it you c**t" as they go in studs up, over the top of the ball), you can still say excessive force was used if a serious injury is inflicted on a player. In my example above, I would have been guilty of using excessive force.

Have the police ever had to come on to a match in a top level league to stop it kicking off or arrest a player for trying to beat up another? I know it was rough as fuck back in the 70's and such but say since the 90's or 00's?
Wasn't Duncan Ferguson questioned by the dibble when he twatted someone in a match?

I suspect it might take a player to make a complaint to the police. Say player x (let's call him Fellani) deliberately throws out an elbow and connects with the face of player y (lets call him Zabaleta) causing obvious injury. If player y makes a statement to the police to the effect that he believes he was assaulted by player x, then the police would have to investigate. There'd be plenty of video evidence.

I suspect it might take a player to make a complaint to the police. Say player x (let's call him Fellani) deliberately throws out an elbow and connects with the face of player y (lets call him Zabaleta) causesing obvious injury. If player y makes a statement to the police to the effect that he believes he was assaulted by player x, then the police would have to investigate. There'd be plenty of video evidence.
Where on earth did you come up with such farfetched example players!?

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.