Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

The offending player being banned might not directly benefit the team on the receiving end of the foul but it would at least act as some sort of deterrent.
When a three match ban is handed out retrospectively, one of those games could be saved for the next time the player faces the same opposition in domestic competition.

It's not a perfect idea, but I really hate the current system.

The Prem and FA are not arms of Government. They're Limited Companies - proper commercial entities. And yet when some player commits a despicable tackle and people call for the Police to get involved, the likes of Shearer say 'No, let football deal with this.......', as though footballer violence is exempt from UK law. Get the Police involved, send the evidence to the CPS including numerous videos from various angles and let them decide whether to put the player on trial - as in the Duncan Ferguson case in 95. Seeing one or two put on trial and locked up might have a deterrent effect.
Interesting thoughts.

When a three match ban is handed out retrospectively, one of those games could be saved for the next time the player faces the same opposition in domestic competition.

It's not a perfect idea, but I really hate the current system.

Make it 4.

Three served immediately & the player is ineligible to play vs the team he offended against.

And stop allowing refs to hand out shit yellow cards wiily nilly & also protect red card challengers by doing so. Rescind the ones they get wrong, in favour of the players & ban the players who were given yellows instead of reds.

Absolutely ridiculous half arsed system they (typically) came up with.

If you get the police involved then what?

We'll then get to a stage in football where players will be so afraid of being prosecuted for a mis-timed tackled that looks dangerous they'll simply not bother challenging at all and we'll have a tackle free game.

Not the same but when our player goes off injured and then come back on. Why does the opponent who committed the foul not have to wait until injured player or sub is ready to come on?

Think this would open a whole can of worms! Teams would be tactically drawing a foul to get a certain player off the pitch for a period of time

Targeting individual players is a universal tactic in football; from kid's football, through Sunday League all the way up to the highest levels of professional football. It even happens in the World Cup.

Our creative players are naturally going to be targeted, and whilst I don't always believe the opposition deliberately set out to injure them, I do wonder when I see tackles such as Ali and Kane. It would certainly help the Spuds if we dropped a few points because most of our regular midfield players were on the treatment table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.