Players that frustrate you and why

theholyswan said:
Just thought I would list a couple of my frustrations regarding our current squad.

Do not get me wrong, I like our team and it is by far the best squad City has ever had in my existance but there are some players that have some really frustrating traits and I have listed them below:

Kolarov:-Seems to think he is fast and often tries in vein to run past players.
The majority of his crosses fail to get over the first man in critical situations.

Kolo Toure:- Goes down pretty much every game feining injury only to get up doing some weird skipping/hopping motion followed by the 'kolo trot' where he trots away with his arms tucked into his side.

Joleon Lescott:- Seemed to score at least 5 a season for Everton, where has that ability disappeared to?

David Silva:-Just doesn't shoot enough and when he does it trickles through to the keeper.

Gareth Barry:- Looks for the foul all the time.
Is guilty of ball watching so frequently.
Seems like when we are desperate for a goal he is always the player that gives that stupid foul away and allows the other team to waste more time.
Scored lots for Villa in his day, that side of his game seems to have disappeared for us.

James Milner:-Scored lots for Villa in his day, that side of his game seems to have disappeared for us.

Yaya Toure:- Seems to spend 20 minutes each game sat on his arse looking up at the ref pulling his socks up.

Edin Dzeko:- Just shoot mate, we all know you can.
Seems like he is trying to pass it too much to please his team mates.

Mario Balotelli:- Possibly the most frustrating player i have ever seen.
Stop going down so easy.
Don't let opposition players wind you up.
Today has to be the first game you haven't received a card for us.
Stop wearing silly hats.
Gives away so many needless fouls.

Anyway before anyone says get behind the team, believe me I am. These are just observations regarding frustrating traits that our players have. If i was to list their qualities the list would be huge.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed these things?

How many of the five were against us?<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 am --<br /><br />
stimo said:
Balotelli - his petulant attitude boils my blood as i know without that, he'd be the next world player of the year

Just wondering whether Balo's attitude is just downright puerile rather than petulant. If he's got the mental age of a 12 year old . . . . . . . . . .

To be fair he only had a couple of good seasons, but like most on here I agree that he is a first choice CB now.

Boateng - He's shit, Lazy, can't pass, can't tackle and cant really do anything.

Dzeko - Worst ball control I've seen, He is basically a white adebayor with a worse first touch.

De Jong - Dosn't know how to pass the ball forward. At his last club he was a cretive attacking midfielder, he's completely lost that.

theholyswan said:
Just thought I would list a couple of my frustrations regarding our current squad.

Kolarov:-Seems to think he is fast and often tries in vein to run past players.
The majority of his crosses fail to get over the first man in critical situations.

Totally agree and i creamed when we signed him

Kolo Toure:- Goes down pretty much every game feining injury only to get up doing some weird skipping/hopping motion followed by the 'kolo trot' where he trots away with his arms tucked into his side.

Not noticed it but ill be sure to look out for it lol

Joleon Lescott:- Seemed to score at least 5 a season for Everton, where has that ability disappeared to?

Poor service from corners and free kicks, also the amount of outswinging corners we take is a joke

David Silva:-Just doesn't shoot enough and when he does it trickles through to the keeper.

This will improve and on the whole he has been superb this season

Gareth Barry:- Looks for the foul all the time.
Is guilty of ball watching so frequently.
Seems like when we are desperate for a goal he is always the player that gives that stupid foul away and allows the other team to waste more time.
Scored lots for Villa in his day, that side of his game seems to have disappeared for us.

He was played as a central midfielder at Villa and was given license to get forward, has a severe lack of pace and i totally agree bout his constant fouls which stems from his lack of pace

James Milner:-Scored lots for Villa in his day, that side of his game seems to have disappeared for us.

Again played through the middle for Villa where he had more license to roam and drive forward. His best games for us have been when he has played centrally

Yaya Toure:- Seems to spend 20 minutes each game sat on his arse looking up at the ref pulling his socks up.

Annoys me too, for his size and stature he does drop like a hooker finding a fiver

Edin Dzeko:- Just shoot mate, we all know you can.
Seems like he is trying to pass it too much to please his team mates.

Agree again, we have a lethal finisher in Dzeko but you can see he is suffering from a lack of confidence to shoot

Mario Balotelli:- Possibly the most frustrating player i have ever seen.
Stop going down so easy.
Don't let opposition players wind you up.
Today has to be the first game you haven't received a card for us.
Stop wearing silly hats.
Gives away so many needless fouls.

The perfect definition of an enigma

It annoys me when we try and walk it into the net all the time, no one wants to shoot unless they're in the 6 yard box it seems at times. I don't think Kolarov is quick enough, and Balotelli is an arse hole but I do like the fact they're not afraid to shoot sometimes.

20sbc07 said:
Boateng - He's shit, Lazy, can't pass, can't tackle and cant really do anything.

Dzeko - Worst ball control I've seen, He is basically a white adebayor with a worse first touch.

De Jong - Dosn't know how to pass the ball forward. At his last club he was a cretive attacking midfielder, he's completely lost that.

Question for all, is this Guy a City Fan?

20sbc07 said:

this made me 'lol' its so true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.