Players that you didn't want city to sign

Peter Barnes for his 2nd stint

Recent times has to be Benjani a total waste of money and that includes his shouldered goal at the swamp.

Anyone Pearce signed and that includes Hart, thought at the time we were struggling for cash why waste it on a young goalkeeper

Vieira
Maicon
Toure of the kolo variety
Adebayor
Bellamy

mscenterh750 said:
bored at work said:
Kendall's Everton old boys
Not ideal but they were needed at the time, and were proven to be shrewd purchases by Howard.

Yep, proved pretty astute (some at least), but didn't want them when they signed.

I wasn't too keen on us getting Clichy (thought he was poor in his last season at Arsenal), but delighted to have been proven wrong. And Kolo Toure - never rated him, even at Arsenal, nothing changed during his time with us. Terrible signing.

Of those who were linked but (thankfully) never came - Christian Dailly. There was a time when he was perennially mentioned as a target - chronically bad player.

Shrek
Ladyboy
Jay-Tee

Essentially anyone for whom my total and utter contempt for them as people could not be transcended simply by them pulling on a City shirt.

sh249 said:
Of those who were linked but (thankfully) never came - Christian Dailly. There was a time when he was perennially mentioned as a target - chronically bad player.

I always had suspicions that he was a secret, undercover Blue. Scored a couple for us IIRC and always played astonishingly badly regardless of who he was playing for.

sh249 said:
mscenterh750 said:
bored at work said:
Kendall's Everton old boys
Not ideal but they were needed at the time, and were proven to be shrewd purchases by Howard.
And Kolo Toure - never rated him, even at Arsenal, nothing changed during his time with us. Terrible signing.

To be fair I think Kolo was bought as a carrot to get Yaya, and it worked!

andy cole , john gidman , schmeichel , get my drift ? Only exception is denis for his back heel at the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.